more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker and Sidwell

Started by Moussa Dembele the 3rd, February 01, 2014, 05:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

rockieroad

Agreed. Parker wasn't too bad in the 1st half then he went to crap. Sidwell can jog off if we stay up.

Logicalman

Quote from: rockieroad on February 01, 2014, 05:12:25 PM
Agreed. Parker wasn't too bad in the 1st half then he went to crap. Sidwell can jog off if we stay up.

Uh-huh .. there goes our top scorer!! I would rather see people like Bent disappear, whose job Sidders has had to do this season because Bent and Berbatov are both too far past doing it.

rockieroad

It's great he scored 5 goals but that isn't his job. It's laughable we're having this conversation. Are we really depending on Steve Sidwell to keep us up with his goals?

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Logicalman on February 01, 2014, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: rockieroad on February 01, 2014, 05:12:25 PM

Uh-huh .. there goes our top scorer!! I would rather see people like Bent disappear, whose job Sidders has had to do this season because Bent and Berbatov are both too far past doing it.

Agreed that the centre midfield is a big problem.  But I would rather see us lose Bent than Sidwell.  Sidwell is a bit like marmite... some like him, some don't.  He can have good games, he can be average / poor.  It is not that Bent is a poor player, it is that we do not have 10 players behind him capable of putting it on a plate for him to score.  We need a striker of doing something more.  Let's hope we've just bought him.

Logicalman

Quote from: rockieroad on February 01, 2014, 05:24:05 PM
It's great he scored 5 goals but that isn't his job. It's laughable we're having this conversation. Are we really depending on Steve Sidwell to keep us up with his goals?

Nope, but its obvious you are missing where the real problem is if you believe getting rid of the top scorer is the answer.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

You score goals by controlling the middle of the park, winning the possession battle and making incisive passes. That is what CMs bring to the table on successful teams.( see Murphy, Danny and Dembele, Moussa)

rockieroad

Quote from: Logicalman on February 01, 2014, 05:25:00 PM

Nope, but its obvious you are missing where the real problem is if you believe getting rid of the top scorer is the answer.

Maybe I am as I think this conversation is silly. Bent-blaming (a term i've just made up) in this case is ridiculous. That isn't going to help our shaky defense and that isn't going to stop Sidwell giving the ball up.

theotherdembele

Bent isn't the problem when we concede 3 goals at home, the defence isn't given any protection from the headless chicken sidwell who concedes silly fouls and can't make a simple 3 yard pass and the attack isn't helped by two players who haven't got a creative bone in their body.

Jamie88

To be fair, Bent can be to blame partly. If he can find where he last put his finishing then we would lead some of these matches

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Bent won't be playing much for the rest of the season. At least we have that going for us.

rockieroad

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 01, 2014, 05:51:34 PM
To be fair, Bent can be to blame partly. If he can find where he last put his finishing then we would lead some of these matches

True. I don't rate Bent at all and I hope that's not the impression I'm giving off. I just don't think there is much correlation between Sid's faults and Bent's fault...besides the fact they make our team suck.

Bill2

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on February 01, 2014, 05:10:34 PM
are absolute pants
Sidwell was poor today, yet had a good game at the Arsenal, so lets not get too worked up. With the arrival of two new players in the middle of the pitch today I thought there was some confusion as to who was meant to be doing what especially between Kvist and Parker. Need to get better organised. Also the passing was p**s poor as there was no outlets, everyone was standing on top of each other. Today's game was very much in the mode of Jol, especially in the second half, in the first we created chances by getting out wide. A phrase used by the good teams is give and go, we give and stand still.

Humbled

I would try Sidwell, Kvist and Holtby in the middle.

Rhys Lightning 63

Parker and Kvist are the answer. Sidwell's days as a starter are hopefully over (although I do like him).

It needs to go something like this

Parker - Kvist
RW - Holtby - LW
Mitroglu

You can insert Duff/Kasami/Dempsey/Dejagah/Kacaniklic into the RW and LW positions as you see fit.

As it stands, with the 4-3-3, we only have three players going forward. We can't afford to be so defensive these days, if we go down, I'd rather see us losing 4-3 than 3-0
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Pluto

Reckon there's any chance of a surprise return from Diarra? Now there's a player who could control the middle of the park.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I think Diarra's actual age is 38, so probably not.

epsomraver

Quote from: Bill2 on February 01, 2014, 06:01:06 PM
Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on February 01, 2014, 05:10:34 PM
are absolute pants
Sidwell was poor today, yet had a good game at the Arsenal, so lets not get too worked up. With the arrival of two new players in the middle of the pitch today I thought there was some confusion as to who was meant to be doing what especially between Kvist and Parker. Need to get better organised. Also the passing was p**s poor as there was no outlets, everyone was standing on top of each other. Today's game was very much in the mode of Jol, especially in the second half, in the first we created chances by getting out wide. A phrase used by the good teams is give and go, we give and stand still.

Thought Sidwell played well amongst new midfield partners, was still having a go at the team even kicking off 3 down, not sure why people say he is pants at all , give some reasons, examples not just he was rubbish because he was not.he cut out numerous attacks, prevented a lot of dangerous through balls and at least got stuck in on the tackles

Logicalman

Quote from: rockieroad on February 01, 2014, 05:29:45 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on February 01, 2014, 05:25:00 PM

Maybe I am as I think this conversation is silly. Bent-blaming (a term i've just made up) in this case is ridiculous. That isn't going to help our shaky defense and that isn't going to stop Sidwell giving the ball up.

I would suggest that, by percentage, Sidwell might not be the worst offender in that capacity. Then again, Bent only managed about 1/5 th of the touches Sidwell made, so its easy to look good when you're missing half the game. On that Basis, Berbatov was our outstanding player, shame we let him go, eh?

Pluto

I'd play Sidwell over Parker in current form. Sidwell, Kvist and Holtby should start in the middle at Old Trafford.