Berserker

Is the Railway a pub?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Quote from: Berserker on February 02, 2014, 06:37:34 PM
Is the Railway a pub?

Yup... Other side of the High St from Putney station.

SP

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 02, 2014, 05:46:47 PM
Quote from: SP on February 02, 2014, 11:41:23 AM
Fulham has become the must do away game for all teams.  Easy access, decent pubs, friendly locals, standing during the match & leave with 3 points - perfect.

Whilst the security managers did a good job calming the incidents yesterday, I can't understand why they don't have at least a couple of police officers in sight just in case needed. 

I would like to think most people assumed a proper copper or two would not be needed as neither side had much of a reputation. We had plenty around us for the Man U game and they were quite active even dragging my guest out, 53 and a life in admin, after an allegation he head butted someone from a large group of away fans. Have to say that had the boys from the Met waded into the P2 spat it would have turned nasty. The culprits were way past the point of reasoning ........................... so well done the security team.

I think the security team are exposed to a fairly high level of risk wading into a zone containing both sets of fans having a disagreement.  Although I'm sure the club have numerous risk assessments to cover them. 

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SP on February 02, 2014, 09:31:10 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 02, 2014, 05:46:47 PM
Quote from: SP on February 02, 2014, 11:41:23 AM
Fulham has become the must do away game for all teams.  Easy access, decent pubs, friendly locals, standing during the match & leave with 3 points - perfect.

Whilst the security managers did a good job calming the incidents yesterday, I can't understand why they don't have at least a couple of police officers in sight just in case needed. 

I would like to think most people assumed a proper copper or two would not be needed as neither side had much of a reputation. We had plenty around us for the Man U game and they were quite active even dragging my guest out, 53 and a life in admin, after an allegation he head butted someone from a large group of away fans. Have to say that had the boys from the Met waded into the P2 spat it would have turned nasty. The culprits were way past the point of reasoning ........................... so well done the security team.

I think the security team are exposed to a fairly high level of risk wading into a zone containing both sets of fans having a disagreement.  Although I'm sure the club have numerous risk assessments to cover them. 

Part of the risk assessment and the safe working practice in this instance was to have a chap the size of a small mountain ............. and his twin. Actually I have sent a rocket or two to the Club recently so to be fair I ought to write in to praise the senior steward ..... I bet her kids get to school on time .......

Berserker

I feel really sorry for the senior steward, she's such a good sort.  She was really helpful at the FC Twente match in Holland. Glad they didn't start on at her in front of me, I would have taken her side and probably have got thumped.

Mind you when I was at the Arsenal match a male Fulham fan a couple of rows down started to man handle one of their female stewards, a pretty small girl, he wouldn't take no for an answer and kept trying to kiss her. I was just going to suggest to the steward next to me that he should go and help her out, but the Fulham fan backed off just in time.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.