watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why not try this approach?

Started by JBH, February 02, 2014, 09:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

I think that relegation is pretty inevitable now so have accepted that its going to happen so I will no longer stress over it and if by any chance we stay up.it will be a bonus  049:gif

Berserker

Quote from: JBH on February 02, 2014, 09:00:03 AM
I think that relegation is pretty inevitable now so have accepted that its going to happen so I will no longer stress over it and if by any chance we stay up.it will be a bonus  049:gif

I'm trying that but have a headache today.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SuffolkWhite

One game at a time for me, with the new signings coming in I just want us to stop conceding and play well.

I would take a win at home to Palace at the end of the season to stay up and finish 17th.

Nurse Nurse more medication please!!!!  fp.gif

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ross_bamping

I have fully accepted relegation. We concede too many, don't score enough and our tactics every week are wrong. That why we should have a go at the cup. We're gonna go down, so why not. I know Wigan did, but they can say they won the cup.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

PokerMatt

Quote from: JBH on February 02, 2014, 09:00:03 AM

I was going to post something very similar today. But no need now.

It would be the biggest of all survival miracles now so I'll be watching the team without worry now. We lose, well of course we're the worst team in the league. We win? Well. Bonus.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Burt

For the first time yesterday I was more or less resigned to the fact that we are down, even though conceptually it is still so tight between 10 sides and we are not in as bad a position as the Great Escape season, that anything is possible.

So on the way home I was recounting all the relegations I have been through in my Fulham career to date with Burt Jr, as he has only known us in the top flight. By the end of it, bless him, he was quite enthusiastic about seeing new teams and going to new away destinations...

The Equalizer

I'm going to continue to drink myself into oblivion until I know longer remember my own name, yet alone who I support.

:wine: 082.gif :beer:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SKSW6

I was mentally preparing myself for relegation from after the Swansea away game, and was ok with it. I got some belief back after the transfer window, but that all but disappeared at the game yesterday. I'm still hoping for the best (I've got Tuesday and West Brom away booked and will still go to as many aways as possible) but I'm prepared for the worst.

Max Headroom

I am ok with relegation if it happens, but still think we have the squad to turn it around. We are not a million miles away, but are woefully short on confidence. if we had taken any of the chances v swansea or southampton before they scored we have a completely different complexion on things.

We are not cut adrift (yet) and I think WBA, Norwich and WHU as well as Cardiff and Crystal Palace are still in the mix.

I'm afraid we were in such a woeful state pre Jol departure that I don't want to start throwing blame at anyone currently at the club.

If it all gets too negative, I may take a sabattical from here, but I will stay a positive Fulham fan (look at our youngsters!!!)

Berserker

I'll probably go to away matches as enjoy the day out. I swore after the 2nd goal yesterday I wasn't going to Home premier league matches again this season, but have calmed down a bit today, and seeing my next one will be a month away I'll see what I feel like a couple of days beforehand.

Still going to cup matches though, going Tuesday although I'll have to drive because of the tube strike.

Off to prune my gooseberry bush now to take out my frustrations, then South Cerney to eat cake, drink tea, watch the birds and view the floods

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lewis J

Relegation is very likely now for Fulham fc. Ever since the Sunderland game we lost 4-1. That's was the turning point for me thinking we probably go down. I think its all about playing for pride now and building for next season. Danny Burn a great talent and be a top player for the future. He didn't take long to be better than Senderos.

Northern Cottager

Teams around us have to play each other and most have worse run ins than us.

I've just looked a Ty he league and were only 6 points from mid-table. Win on Saturday and Draw against Liverpool and we could get it going, hard to ask when we can't keep a clean sheet or score but we need a minor miracle.

Bill2

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 02, 2014, 12:31:18 PM
Teams around us have to play each other and most have worse run ins than us.

I've just looked a Ty he league and were only 6 points from mid-table. Win on Saturday and Draw against Liverpool and we could get it going, hard to ask when we can't keep a clean sheet or score but we need a minor miracle.
Win against Man U at Old Trafford and points of Liverpool is a big ask. To be more honest is to say likely to get nothing from these but then to move and get some points. What we need to do is score first and put the opposition under pressure. If you look at yesterdays game we were the dominant team in the first half and had 3 very good attempts which demanded great saves. Also apart from the 3 goals I don't recall Steklenburg having to make a save, although Southampton did pass the ball around us and in the second half we couldn't string two passes together.

RaySmith

I have seen a few relegations with Fulham, and found them pretty devastating at the time, but after watching our yearly Houdini act in the 60s, I've always believed we will escape, though we sometimes haven't.

I remember travelling to a game at Watford in second div days that we had to get something out of to have a chance of escaping the drop - and we were thrashed 4-0.

Even in the Great Escape year I didn't really accept what seemed inevitable-that's why I went to ManC, but, of course, we had a large slice of luck in the last few games, as well as  spirit,  Roy's tactical nous, and DM's head, that saved us -on goal difference.

So, no I don't accept we will go down, though even I almost did during, and immediately after, yesterday.But I will refuse to accept the inevitable until it is a mathematical certainty. There is much that is encouraging about our performances under Rene, but we keep being undone by our defending- and it's hard to see a solution.

But I won't accept what to many seems inevitable, although I may be deluded.

MOR :

Relegation it is...so lets PLEASE PLEASE go for a fantastic FA Cup run all the way to the final and let's win it this time...and a home win against the Filth would be nice...

Lighthouse

It doesn't hurt so much for me because the frustratiuon and disgust hit me a few seasons ago.
I could see with brilliant foresight that no investment in the team was leading to this. Then the Summer came and our new owner was advised to sustain the team in the present state.

So now it is all a bit dull. When Rene took over we looked at least to go forward and were fun to watch. Sadly that seems to have stopped a bit since the experts came on. Sad at what we should have done when Hughes was here and spend some cash without going overboard.

Frustrated but it has been coming for so long.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

copthornemike

Looks pretty hopeless, and gets more so after each match and display.  
Strangely enough I was full of hope after a defeat - the 4-2 vs Man City when it looked like we had a team of fighters and 'looked up for it.'
We need 7 wins from 14 matches - not impossible, just unlikely at the moment!

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on February 02, 2014, 11:51:00 AM
I'll probably go to away matches as enjoy the day out. I swore after the 2nd goal yesterday I wasn't going to Home premier league matches again this season, but have calmed down a bit today, and seeing my next one will be a month away I'll see what I feel like a couple of days beforehand.

Still going to cup matches though, going Tuesday although I'll have to drive because of the tube strike.

Off to prune my gooseberry bush now to take out my frustrations, then South Cerney to eat cake, drink tea, watch the birds and view the floods

Too much information there Mrs B :021:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Mrs B It may be cancelled  but it does not start until midnight

London mayor 'will meet union if Tube strike is cancelled'

31 January 2014 Last updated at 21:04 GMT

London Mayor Boris Johnson has agreed to enter talks with the Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union it calls off the planned Tube strikes.  Mr Johnson called on the RMT to "engage" with Transport for London, saying if it did RMT leader Bob Crow could meet him on Monday.

Members plan to strike for 48 hours on 4 and 11 February to protest against ticket offices closing.  BBC London's Political Correspondent Karl Mercer spoke to Gareth Powell from Transport for London and John Leach from the R

Berserker

I thought it started at 9.30 pm Tuesday. I'll wait until Tues lunchtime to by my train ticket in case it is called off, otherwise I'll drive it.

- Martin Luther King Jr.