watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Subject : FILMS :::::: I'm all right, Jack

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, February 02, 2014, 09:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

This  film is currently showing on BBC 2.  I had forgotten how damn good it is.
Peter Sellers is sublime and it even had Malcolm Muggeridge !!!!
The perfect antidote  to Relegation Watch

LBNo11

...one of my favourites, (Passport to Pimlico being the best of the period) and so many star British actors of the period, including glam Fulham fan Liz fraser...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

Hope it's on I player
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SadOldGit

Great film.  As is Passport to Pimlico (on just the other day).  Also from the same era: The Ladykillers and The League of Gentlemen with Jack Hawkins et al

David Allen Crankshaw

A great British comedy film with a host of fabulous actors. There were many such fine films in that period.

E.I.Adio

Another Ealing Comedy was on yesterday morning 'The Maggie' great stuff

MasterHaynes

Good way to start the day on s su day morning - in bed , cup of tea watching Ealing comedies. Hope they shpw Oh Mr Porter with WIll Hay another classic, brings back memories of saturday morning picture club ending with a black & white main feature.

Macedo

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 02, 2014, 10:58:33 AM
...one of my favourites, (Passport to Pimlico being the best of the period) and so many star British actors of the period, including glam Fulham fan Liz fraser...

The Ladykillers brilliant film..Everyone of them should have won
an award..Brill acting from them all..

Macedo

LBNo11

...and Whisky Galore and The Man In The White Suit, The Lavender Hill Mob and School for Scoundrels. I'm now looking forwards to the next rainy weekend as I've most of the Ealing comedies on DVD.. :yay:

Berserker

Can you still buy the Ealing films?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Macedo

Macedo

LBNo11

SadOldGit

Yes - all still available to buy.  I got my Will Hay collection and Norman Wisdom collection on Amazon.  Norman Wisdom - 'On The Beat' - one of my favourites.  He wants to be a copper like his old man but is too short.  I still laugh watching him chased by about a thousand bobbies through people's back gardens! 064.gif

Macedo

Quote from: SadOldGit on February 03, 2014, 11:57:41 AM
Yes - all still available to buy.  I got my Will Hay collection and Norman Wisdom collection on Amazon.  Norman Wisdom - 'On The Beat' - one of my favourites.  He wants to be a copper like his old man but is too short.  I still laugh watching him chased by about a thousand bobbies through people's back gardens! 064.gif

Yes hillarious scene, all blowing whistles...