watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou Injured?

Started by Tonywa, February 02, 2014, 10:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Don't know how true this is, but the venerable Brian Glanville suggests in The Sunday Times that our new Greek striker has am injury and could be out for several weeks.  If this is true it rather piles Pelion upon Ossa for our relegation fight.

Mhbruce

Hes been out since November but was due to come back this week

ScalleysDad

So that will be a couple of games getting match fit, a couple of games getting 'Prem Ready' a couple of games settling into the team ............................... great! In the meantime we will have the joy of Bent flailing and missing, Bent jumping and missing, Bent shooting and missing and Bent just missing full stop................... but wait. Silly me I forgot. Rodders is still here.

I watched the Championship tele last night. Lots of goals, lots of passion, Leroy making sense. Whats not to like?

FPT

He doesn't have an injury, but recovering from one. Should be okay next week, if not, the week after.

grandad

I would love to know what is in his contract regarding relegation.Has he a sell on clause? He would be awesome in the Championship & is the sort of player we would need.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Northern Cottager

Surely we wouldn't buy a striker for 12 million who is likely to miss any game time with only 14 to go to save our prem status.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 02, 2014, 11:06:35 AM
Surely we wouldn't buy a striker for 12 million who is likely to miss any game time with only 14 to go to save our prem status.

I hope you are right and we wouldn't do so.  God, please !!!!!!!!!!!  & stop calling me shirley.

fulhamben

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 02, 2014, 11:06:35 AM
I wouldn't be so sure. we were desperate. failed to get defour Morrison taylor moore and god knows how many others. we obviously wanted to show some intent and would have probably bought anyone who wanted to come no matter what there status was
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Quote from: grandad on February 02, 2014, 11:03:58 AM
I would love to know what is in his contract regarding relegation.Has he a sell on clause? He would be awesome in the Championship & is the sort of player we would need.

Assume if/when we are relegated we'll do something similar to what QPR have done with Remy.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 02, 2014, 10:52:02 AM
So that will be a couple of games getting match fit, a couple of games getting 'Prem Ready' a couple of games settling into the team ............................... great! In the meantime we will have the joy of Bent flailing and missing, Bent jumping and missing, Bent shooting and missing and Bent just missing full stop................... but wait. Silly me I forgot. Rodders is still here.

I watched the Championship tele last night. Lots of goals, lots of passion, Leroy making sense. Whats not to like?

I take ur point.
But regarding Roddy, I would much rather see him (Rodders) than Bent playing.
I think he brings much more to the table for us. He opens up the pitch with his runs and closes down the opposition. Imo, Bent has had enough opportunities already and failed miserably.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

fulhamben

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 02, 2014, 12:08:34 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 02, 2014, 10:52:02 AM

I take ur point.
But regarding Roddy, I would much rather see him (Rodders) than Bent playing.
I think he brings much more to the table for us. He opens up the pitch with his runs and closes down the opposition. Imo, Bent has had enough opportunities already and failed miserably.

COYW!
if you filled the hammey end up with supporters and asked just one fan to wear a goalkeepers top and then asked bent just to kick a ball into the stand. he would either kick it straight to the fan with the keepers top on, or it would float off down the thames. don't think he knows how to pick a spot anymore with his shooting. just getting it on target is fine when your at a team that creates load of chances, but our strikers need to be more clinical
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Danitar

Would he want to play at Doncaster on a wet Tuesday evening. Don't think so.

westcliff white

He made his come back for Olympiakos on the 12th Jan I checked their site, came on as a sub in the second half. started the next game but came off, missed the last game as he was discussing a move.
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham76

Quote from: Danitar on February 02, 2014, 12:36:43 PM

He'll have no choice, we're paying his wages! Unless of course he's brilliant for us for the rest of the season & someone will take him on loan.
Lets hope he's brilliant & helps keeps us up & we won't have to find out.

westcliff white

i wuld figure if his agents are clever, they have a relegation clause. I'd be surprised if Stek didnt as well
Every day is a Fulham day

MOR :

Another new arrival in Konstantinos Mitroglou was introduced to the Cottage crowd before watching the game from the stands but Meulensteen was coy on when he would be unleashing the Greek striker.

"We've assessed him, we'll train him and see where he's at," said Meulensteen. "He's coming back from injury but he's fine and we just need to see his condition. We want to integrate the new faces as quickly as we can. If we think he's ready to go, then we'll use him."

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 02, 2014, 11:39:46 AM

Assume if/when we are relegated we'll do something similar to what QPR have done with Remy.

Don't u mean qpha ha ha ha?  :yay: Go on my son !

Buffalo76

I'd play in Siberia on a cold Tuesday if i was on his wages !

Danitar

Quote from: Buffalo76 on February 02, 2014, 12:56:23 PM

I'd play in Siberia on a cold Tuesday if i was on his wages !

I would too but would he. I don't think so but if we did go down like what's been said we could loan him out for a year

Lighthouse

If Metal Guru isn't fit now and if Curbishly becomes the manager and Rene leaves. Then I think it is safe to say.

We can all stop bothering to care this season and find something better to do.  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope