watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

i admire southampton

Started by Sammyffc, February 02, 2014, 01:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

This obviously isn't because they beat us , but everyone always has a little small spot for another team . It has to be southampton for me. The way they play football is brilliant and the players they have brought through from there academy and held down there places and done as well as they have is incredible . Probably got some of the best players in the league ! . Also have to say that luke shaw , oh my lord what a player he is , 18 years old and arguably the best left back in the league at the moment . Honestly if theres a team of players who excelled and did really well for themselves id have to pick southampton to do that . They should be a blueprint for all the other teams on there youth policy and there commitment and style on the pitch.

I hate stoke .

049:gif

SP

:plus one:

The Saints have also spent a few £ over the last few years.  I wasn't the least bit surprised we lost yesterday, I'd plumped for 1-3 in my forecast.  They played decent football but weren't afraid to get physical or take a more direct route to goal.  What did surprise me was their away record isn't fantastic this season.

Sammyffc

yeh i agree , majority of there players excluding osvaldo have been decent buys aswell ! . in my heart of hearts i knew we had no chance of beating them yesterday , too much of a good team for us . pocchetino has done such a fantastic job , i just can't believe it for someone who don't speak english haha . and yep i agree with you , I'm always baffled when teams play much different away from home and at home , amazes me the difference in teams performances just being in a different stadium !

Blanco

I heard he can speak English. He just keeps it on the down low so the media can't ask him annoying questions. But yeah, he's done a great job.

FPT

That was also a team without Dejan Lovren...

They do play fantastic football, showing a fantastic balance between pressing high, staying solid and showing attacking flair. Their full backs were superb, aged 18 and 19 and English. Morgan Schneiderlin is fantastic at what he does; Adam Lallana has come on leaps and bounds, and Jay Rodriguez is certainly pushing for a world cup spot.

They were hungrier and better; credit goes to Mauricio Pocchettino.