watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alan Curbishely

Started by DUKE, February 02, 2014, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUKE

Most of the people on this board are so in love with Rene's persona that they don't realize that the guy lacks real management skills. I know that our downfall has deeper roots but Rene was brought to steady the ship and unfortunately we are drowning now. Ok yes we saw some kind of improvements at the beginning but we were still susceptible at the back  and lacked leadership to carry on after we concede.  Now bare with me. He needs to step aside and let Curbishely do his thing. Curbishely has vast experience in this situations. He knows how to motivate players and he is well known to have achieved some surprising results against some big teams. This is the last roll of the dice people. We all know that if there was another team at our position we would have written them off. We are doing a Derby here at this rate.

Northern Cottager

I'm sure him and Wilkins are having a say. Making him manager doesn't necessarily mean he'll become influential.

Barrie

I agree with this post, was going to say something similar myself.  Rene made a comment about the air starting to escape the balloon after the Swansea game and I don't think Rene has the skills and tactical nous to stop the slide.  If he has the slightest doubt that he's capable of turning this around quickly, then he should let Curbs take the reins and concentrate on the coaching.

Berserker

What's the difference again about being a head coach and manager. I'm not being funny I'm just not sure.
Also if Rene can't be manager isn't he likely to go to a big club instead of Fulham as Head Coach
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

DUKE

A manager picks the team according to the evaluation the he does during the week. He has to have man management skills (ala harry Redknapp the hand on the shoulder etc ) to motivate players and bring the best out of them. He is supposed to have a clear tactical plan for every single game. Also a manager needs to lay down strategic plans before and during the game utilizing the best options available to him. Rene wants to be a manager not a head coach. I think he will be one day but atm we need someone who already is.

Andy S

We have read all this before the problem is once you get to a certain stage there is little chance of slowing the run away train much less stopping it!

epsomraver

Quote from: DUKE on February 02, 2014, 06:07:06 PM
Most of the people on this board are so in love with Rene's persona that they don't realize that the guy lacks real management skills. I know that our downfall has deeper roots but Rene was brought to steady the ship and unfortunately we are drowning now. Ok yes we saw some kind of improvements at the beginning but we were still susceptible at the back  and lacked leadership to carry on after we concede.  Now bare with me. He needs to step aside and let Curbishely do his thing. Curbishely has vast experience in this situations. He knows how to motivate players and he is well known to have achieved some surprising results against some big teams. This is the last roll of the dice people. We all know that if there was another team at our position we would have written them off. We are doing a Derby here at this rate.

If he is so good and knowledgeable then why has he been out of management for donkeys years then?

FPT

Quote from: Berserker on February 02, 2014, 07:11:56 PM
What's the difference again about being a head coach and manager. I'm not being funny I'm just not sure.
Also if Rene can't be manager isn't he likely to go to a big club instead of Fulham as Head Coach

The idea of being "Head Coach" is that he is (should be) in charge of the team on the training ground and on the pitch. Off the pitch, transfers/contract negotiations will be handled by the CEO (Ali Mac), joined by the Technical Director (Alan Curbishley).

The idea of a technical director is to provide a experience and assurance to things lacking in the head coach, for Rene Meulensteen, it's management and general team planning, which Alan Curbishley provides after 17 years of management from 1991-2008.

The technical director is typically a short term post where you help the club and the "head coach" plug gaps that were possible.

A managers role is to handle both the coaching aspect and the business aspect, whereas the title of "head coach" suggests it's purely First Team duties.

From the rumours, Alan Curbishley is more hands on then he should be. I fear that Rene Meulensteen is being used as a figure head for Curbishley and Wilkins' failings.

DUKE

Quote from: epsomraver on February 02, 2014, 07:54:47 PM
Quote from: DUKE on February 02, 2014, 06:07:06 PM
Most of the people on this board are so in love with Rene's persona that they don't realize that the guy lacks real management skills. I know that our downfall has deeper roots but Rene was brought to steady the ship and unfortunately we are drowning now. Ok yes we saw some kind of improvements at the beginning but we were still susceptible at the back  and lacked leadership to carry on after we concede.  Now bare with me. He needs to step aside and let Curbishely do his thing. Curbishely has vast experience in this situations. He knows how to motivate players and he is well known to have achieved some surprising results against some big teams. This is the last roll of the dice people. We all know that if there was another team at our position we would have written them off. We are doing a Derby here at this rate.

If he is so good and knowledgeable then why has he been out of management for donkeys years then?

That's a good point. I have read somewhere that after west ham job he wanted a high profile job and none of the top teams will gamble on a english manager. Its all about total football and funny accents with foreign owners.  Also 5 years away is not donkey years imo. Lets be fair Rene has zero, experience in management. Curbs is also a gamble and we need to gamble now.  

TonyGilroy

I'd like to join this conversation but I'm at a disadvantage.

You're all talking about Curbishly and Muelensteen's abilities to motivate, coach, encourage and work with players but unlike you I haven't met either of them.

So many of you seem to know them well.

Berserker

Well I fear it is all going to end in tears
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dgnffc

Yes, and they'll be ours

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

General

You cannot transition slowly and by brining in one whilst the other is there. You have to get rid entirely as any old will represent the ideas and scheme of old. Only exception was a lewington type, who was Fulham and showed what fulham was to all and was respected for it by all. He outlasted loads.

Julius Geezer

Curbishley has all the experience and skills that Jol had.

They're from the same school of managers. In fact Jol probably had a better CV!

It makes no odds.

Stop blaming Rene.