watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If I ever met Hangerland

Started by CorkCity, February 02, 2014, 09:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkCity

I would say "Brede your a big lad, why the feck do you turn away every time the ball is kicked towards you"
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

The Rock

I think he's done all right all things considered. Now that you mention it, he does have a tendency to turn away when an attacker is unleashing a shot. I have fear in really slagging him as he's still about the best CB we got though he's getting past it a bit probably.

SP

Each to their own but I would say thank you for being such a loyal servant to our club.

simplyfulham

He's a (somewhat) regular at the coffee shop where I work..

I think I'd rather pass on your message SP over yours Cork. Sorry.

CorkCity

ok rephrase it " you have been a loyal servant to the club, but why do you turn your back every time the ball is kicked towards you"
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

bobby01

Quote from: CorkCity on February 02, 2014, 10:04:57 PM
ok rephrase it " you have been a loyal servant to the club, but why do you turn your back every time the ball is kicked towards you"

:005:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

callumc513

It's a fair point, he's currently our worst CB in the first team squad.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: callumc513 on February 02, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Didn't take long for someone to replace Senderos. Defensively we're poor from left to right.

callumc513

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 02, 2014, 10:15:29 PM

Didn't take long for someone to replace Senderos. Defensively we're poor from left to right.

Not sure I can think of a mistake that Burn has made, to be honest.

copthornemike

Quote from: SP on February 02, 2014, 09:45:35 PM
Each to their own but I would say thank you for being such a loyal servant to our club.
Absolutely correct - been a terrific servant on and off the pitch.

copthornemike

Quote from: CorkCity on February 02, 2014, 09:24:22 PM
I would say "Brede your a big lad, why the feck do you turn away every time the ball is kicked towards you"
Fast reactions and preservation of dignity. There is no sympathy, only laughter, if the ball hits your crown jewels.

Logicalman

Didn't take me long, I've been saying he's been crap and turning his back on shots for the past 12 months. Just glad someone else noticed it at last. The guy is past it, needs replacing (why didn't Arsenal or other teams make as many reported offers this window for him?), and as a captain, he's a great Merchant.

But he's still the current best one we have as we only have a youngster coming through the ranks in Burn.

simplyfulham

Quote from: callumc513 on February 02, 2014, 10:23:40 PM

Not sure I can think of a mistake that Burn has made, to be honest.

That's a slightly rose tinted view I feel.. He has made a few errors, but has been largely excellent.

Maybe you feel he hasn't made a mistake in comparison to the Senderos & Amorebieta horror show you are more accustomed to.

Brede has been a huge, huge boost to the defence since coming back.

I feel strongy that the defensive lapses in the team at the moment have more to do with inefficiencies infront of the back 4 rather than the defence themselves.

Andy S

He would still be no 1 on my team sheet

Logicalman

Quote from: Andy S on February 03, 2014, 12:34:46 AM
He would still be no 1 on my team sheet

Uh-huh, perhaps he would make a good keeper - trouble is, who would he pass back to then?

JBH

I would ask Darren Bent if his twin brother use to play for Sunderland

grandad

I think he is not yet 100% fit. He has been rushed back as we had no one else suitable. He is probably still in a bit of pain from his sciatica. Once you suffer from it you never really get over it. I have had it for 25 years & something as silly as reaching for something in a top cupboard can trigger it off again.
Where there's a will there's a wife