watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you settle for doing a Wigan?

Started by Macedo, February 02, 2014, 10:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

I can't see us being in the Championship for long should we go down. Khan would lose an absolute fortune if we went down and the loss of selling us on would hardly cripple him but would certainly hurt anyone, I think we'd bounce right back up. I'd like a day out at Wembley but I must say I'd prefer to stay up.

fulhamfever

Doing a WIGAN??????????

Man City will knock holes in us dont be daft

TheManOnTheBus

Yes. We are going down so might as well have a cup run.   I'd play the A team tomorrow.  Get them gelling for Saturday - so many new boys that they all need to pay together.  (Or did someone post you can't play if you were eligible for the original leg, in which case my idea won't work...)

rusty shackleford

At this stage id probably take the cup because we have a decent run to the QF i cant see how we are survive in the league unfortunately.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on February 03, 2014, 10:51:14 AM
Yes. We are going down so might as well have a cup run.   I'd play the A team tomorrow.  Get them gelling for Saturday - so many new boys that they all need to pay together.  (Or did someone post you can't play if you were eligible for the original leg, in which case my idea won't work...)

Can't play if ineligible for original tie.

filham

Remember Wigan had a gallant relegation battle which lasted until the last match of the season, we are in no danger of repeating that, we will be arithmetically relegated by Easter there can hardly have been a better certainty for the drop at this stage of the season than us in premiership history.

Taking  account of our terrible goal difference we need five points to get clear of the drop zone, we have three games coming up against quality teams that are certain defeats, we have the worst goals conceded record in the premiership by far, we are struggling to sore goals, we have juggled the players and formations all season using 31different players (more than any other premiership club) and those of us who have watched us regularly know that we have been outplayed in match after match.

We are down, it is all but a certainty.

So lets concentrate on the cup where we have a possible route into the 6th round. A favourable draw at the Cottage a good performance and some luck could see us in a big match semi final at Wembley.

Yes, a cup run would help ease the pain of the relegation season, so Rene please let's have no slip ups in the next two cup matches, suddenly the cup has a certain importance to us.

Fulhampete

Quote from: The Rock on February 02, 2014, 11:07:34 PM
:protest card:
Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 02, 2014, 10:59:39 PM
Probably got better chance of winning the FA Cup than staying up.
+1

Yes - for that very reason. I guess. We're going down so why not?

Fulhampete

More a case of not chucking away our cup hopes for a futile effort to stay up.

rockieroad

I'll pass rather put all our effort in staying up.