Main Menu

Would you settle for doing a Wigan?

Started by Macedo, February 02, 2014, 10:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macedo

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Jack Fulham

Probably got better chance of winning the FA Cup than staying up.

H4usuallysitting

Lighthouse

We have had this question before and a poll. But I would only want a Wembley game if we were down. If it was an either or then Prem safety must come first.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rock

:protest card:
Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 02, 2014, 10:59:39 PM
Probably got better chance of winning the FA Cup than staying up.

Yes - for that very reason. I guess. We're going down so why not?

copthornemike

Quote from: Macedo on February 02, 2014, 10:55:08 PM
Winning the cup and going down...
If they were mutually inclusive no - but they are not.

K33NY

no.. 110% effort for the league, to the very last minute!

Count Berbatov

The cup. Even if you are relegated, with Khan's money you'll be right back up. Whilst winning a cup is one in a lifetime experience for most clubs supporters
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

westcliff white

No prem safety, going down in all likelihood means losing our better players meaning we may not return. Will the investment be there if we go down?

Same can be asked if we stay up but I think it is more likely be there if we stay up.
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

No, the euphoria of winning the Cup only loasts a short while. The reality of being in the Championship will be with us for years. So, so difficult to bounce right back.
Where there's a will there's a wife

E.I.Adio

No Premiership must come first, look at WIgan now

RaySmith

No -our plight has already taken the gloss off of the Cup for me. And I couldn't honestly embrace a final if we were doomed to relegation.

I hope we beat Sheff U, and progress, but I don't want Rene to risk any of our first team regulars....Prem survival must be our priority.

The Enclosurite

Well, it might cheer me up a bit after the relegation but I can't say I'd prefer it or settle for it.  We need to stay up.
¡COYW!

RPhillips

No. If we go down -- let's be honest, WHEN we go down -- FFC will never again see the Premier League. Fact.

TonyGilroy

We'll get what we're given.

I'd rather stay up than win the cup and actually the truth is that for us to stay up now we would be in for a wonderfully exciting three months and having achieved that the expectation levels for the future would be sky high.

If only.

ffc73

The last relegation run-in and winning at Portsmouth that day felt that we had won a Cup

I'd take that feeling over a day out to Wembley