watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, is the way to stay up...

Started by shnlwswlkr, February 03, 2014, 08:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shnlwswlkr

Just to defend, defend, defend. Playing ugly, unattractive Football could be the only answer. Throw every man we have behind the ball and move like a Roman unit, as one, and attack only on a counter. It won't be nice, but if it keeps us up I don't care. I don't think we can stay up if we try playing attractive attacking Football...
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

F(f)CUK

You cannot show no sign of attacking inclination at home.  We handed the initiative to Southampton in our line up.  We were beaten as soon as they scored one goal.  The way we set ourselves up and played is the way to get relegated.

RaySmith

But we did show good attacking intent in the first half, and should have scored from one of our chances. Obviously, defending has been our problem, and the team is set up to address that, but still to attack.

In the second half Saints forced us back, and once they scored it was easy for them to pick us off when we chased the game.

They are a very good side, but we more than matched them in the first half, and if we had gone in front it  might have been a different story.

ltd-ffc

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on February 03, 2014, 08:48:56 AM
Just to defend, defend, defend. Playing ugly, unattractive Football could be the only answer. Throw every man we have behind the ball and move like a Roman unit, as one, and attack only on a counter. It won't be nice, but if it keeps us up I don't care. I don't think we can stay up if we try playing attractive attacking Football...
would be a good call but if you play like that you need to be able to take the one or two chances you get in the game. if this was going to work we should of resigned the POG from reading for a big target man.
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

FPT

See Wigan; they stayed up for years playing wonderful football! I would rather go down playing like Wigan than stay up playing like West Ham or Palace; I don't actually care for what league we're in, I'm a Fulham supporter and when I go to watch Fulham week in, week out, I want to watch them play good football!

Skatzoffc

Quote from: FPT on February 03, 2014, 11:51:24 AM
See Wigan; they stayed up for years playing wonderful football! I would rather go down playing like Wigan than stay up playing like West Ham or Palace; I don't actually care for what league we're in, I'm a Fulham supporter and when I go to watch Fulham week in, week out, I want to watch them play good football!

Well said.

I saw the game of Arsenal v Palace this w/e.
Awful!

Palace now play like a Pulis rugby team. Every tackle on an arsenal player was a foul in the 1st half.
Even Stoke fans got fed up of Pulis eventually. Palace have made their bed and will have to lie in it. I feel sorry for their fans who have had no say in the manager's appointment. Soon they will rue the day he came to them and ruined their passing game and replaced it with dross. Although no doubt for the moment they will be happy to stay up.

I'm pleased that in the last 13 PL seasons we have not resorted to this negative, garbage football and have always tried to play passing attractive football.

I watched us come up and will still watch us "if" we go go down.

COYW!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

PokerMatt

Imagine going from watching Ian 'what's a defender?' Holloway to that dross in the space of a month.

I've always said teams who play like a Pulis team will never go down but boy I'd rather go down than endure that for season after season.
Follow me: @mattdjourno