watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Business Sense - Khan

Started by MichaelFFC, February 03, 2014, 11:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelFFC

ive read quite a few statements on here, each valid to their own opinion, but the comments about Khan withdrawing  funds or selling up dont make sense in black and white.
if hes spent £160million or whatever it is, to buy the club in the first place, thats a substancial amount to "write off".
the fact is that if we go down, he will see that investment value drop. fact. he would then have to spend money to make money as it were and make us more appealing to another potential buyer to make anywhere near his money back, whether that means being in the playoffs for a couple of seasons or even bouncing back.
should we survive, i think we will see more of the same that we saw in January and a complete redevelopment of the squad.
i said before and ill say again, i genuinely dont see us going down. i think Cardiff and Norwich will go with West Ham possibly.

not a rant or anything but purely a business view of the likely scenarios

FPT

Good points, but you've ruled out the parachute payments of £60m over 4 years, which would help. Also, with him being a billionaire, we'd go up within the 4 years giving up and immediate £60m again purely with us being able to pay more for better players.

He won't sell if we go down; I just can't see him doing it.

K33NY

I dont think a buyer of a football club would sell after 1 year of owning it, because of relegation, has this even happened before? sorry if thats a stupid question

FPT

Quote from: K33NY on February 03, 2014, 11:57:52 AM
I dont think a buyer of a football club would sell after 1 year of owning it, because of relegation, has this even happened before? sorry if thats a stupid question

I don't think so. Even if they wanted to it would be a struggle.

Baszab

That win at Swansea last game of season was probably worth £50m to AL-Fayed - it pushed us high up the table in a false position and must have made the prospectus look like a reasonable buy - Khan must have done some pretty poor football (i.e. non-business) due diligence though

K33NY

Quote from: FPT on February 03, 2014, 11:59:03 AM

And surely who would allso be looked upon as a unserious buisiness man, or? I just never in a millions chance could ever see this happen

eloc

Quote from: MichaelFFC on February 03, 2014, 11:27:22 AM
ive read quite a few statements on here, each valid to their own opinion, but the comments about Khan withdrawing  funds or selling up dont make sense in black and white.
if hes spent £160million or whatever it is, to buy the club in the first place, thats a substancial amount to "write off".
the fact is that if we go down, he will see that investment value drop. fact. he would then have to spend money to make money as it were and make us more appealing to another potential buyer to make anywhere near his money back, whether that means being in the playoffs for a couple of seasons or even bouncing back.
should we survive, i think we will see more of the same that we saw in January and a complete redevelopment of the squad.
i said before and ill say again, i genuinely dont see us going down. i think Cardiff and Norwich will go with West Ham possibly.

not a rant or anything but purely a business view of the likely scenarios

i think a lot people assume that since he's got roughly a biillion or so pounds in networth he can write off fulham. he dropped almost half his net worth ~$770 million (~385 million pounds) on the jags, so its not llike hes got a lot of liquid cash just floating around that he can spend. like any good business man his worth is probably tied up in many things, and spending a quarter of his wealth only to throw it away wouldnt make sense to him

win-dup

not a single thing in Khan's purchase of FFC adds up in either a financial or sporting sense.  As Colonel Hall used to say about Sergeant Bilko; What is he up to? What is he up to?

hovewhite

There mst be a method in the madness of anyone buying a football club!

Logicalman

Quote from: FPT on February 03, 2014, 11:59:03 AM

Wasn't the change of ownership of the ha ha's a little quick before TF took over, as I thought the F1 clan were selling amongst themselves.

The Equalizer

Quote from: FPT on February 03, 2014, 11:49:22 AM
Good points, but you've ruled out the parachute payments of £60m over 4 years, which would help. Also, with him being a billionaire, we'd go up within the 4 years giving up and immediate £60m again purely with us being able to pay more for better players.

He won't sell if we go down; I just can't see him doing it.

Surely you get more than that by just staying in the top flight? £60M might be nice, but that's a year of TV coverage gone, Premier League placings gone, sponsorship gone, players gone. That's not a lot of money in the greater scheme of things when you think of what we'd lose.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

west kowloon white

He's used to owning a crap club/franchise so doubt he'd give up on us so soon.

Logicalman

Quote from: west kowloon white on February 04, 2014, 12:21:36 PM
He's used to owning a crap club/franchise so doubt he'd give up on us so soon.

There is that!

andyk

Quote from: hovewhite on February 03, 2014, 09:37:13 PM
There mst be a method in the madness of anyone buying a football club!

Or as a wise man once said,. "How do you make a small fortune out of buying a football club?"

Answer "Start off with a large fortune."