watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will The Pistolero be consistent?

Started by Blanco, February 03, 2014, 02:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

I recently read an article from goal.com about Mitroglou. They reckon we won't get consistent goal scoring performances from him. What do you think? Will he adapt fast enough? I suppose we'll have to wait and hope.

Here's the link: http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2014/02/01/4587178/do-not-expect-consistency-meet-new-fulham-star-kostas

049:gif

Baszab

As soon as that white shirt goes on he will hit his longest inconsistent spell

pH7

Time will tell. The truth is that his injury took more time than expected. But this is not necessarily a bad thing. He was not pressed to return asap and Olympiakos learned to play without him (and did fine btw). When he returned this January, he was a bit heavy. Started only once and he was substituted.
But have faith. If he's fit and gets the passes he will deliver asap. One of his advantages is that he doesn't need many chances to score.
I saw the 2 chances that Bent had against Southampton. Mitroglou would have definitely scored one of the two, if not both.
I think that the debut against ManU is a good thing, as nobody expects Fulham to win. And they're in for a big surprise  :048:

sunburywhite

Marlet was consistent and so was Eddie Johnson
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

PokerMatt

Quote from: Baszab on February 03, 2014, 02:43:53 PM

If this means three goals in one game and none the next then I'll take that inconsistency right now.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

K33NY

I think hes good enough, proffesional enough, and clever enough, do adapt and score if he starts against United, wich I hope he do, and Holtby serves behind him, and HOPEFULLY a Dejagah playing, I think we are good enough to take on United, score and win!

alfie

Quote from: K33NY on February 03, 2014, 04:07:56 PM
I think hes good enough, proffesional enough, and clever enough, do adapt and score if he starts against United, wich I hope he do, and Holtby serves behind him, and HOPEFULLY a Dejagah playing, I think we are good enough to take on United, score and win!

There is a novel idea that some others have come up with

Lets just see what he does when he plays, instead of reading/listening to some pundit that has probably never kicked a ball.

Or make him the scapegoat now and save a little time later.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

grandad

I am not expecting a quick return on the investment. He is still not 100% fit physically or match wise. I don´t think we will see him play 90 mins for a while.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: alfie on February 03, 2014, 05:06:51 PM
Quote from: K33NY on February 03, 2014, 04:07:56 PM

There is a novel idea that some others have come up with

Lets just see what he does when he plays, instead of reading/listening to some pundit that has probably never kicked a ball.

Or make him the scapegoat now and save a little time later.

0001.jpeg

Burt

My view is that he can only be an improvement on what we have up front already.

In his interview, Rene mentioned he has been carrying an injury but has been training well etc. so he needs to get match-fit, AND then adapt to the premier league.

Whilst I would like to think he can make an instant impact like the Pog did, I suspect we will actually need to be a bit patient with him as he gets used to it all.

Mitroglol

Trust me guys and not a random pundit who's probably never watched mitrogoal playing.
If white's midfielders can feed him, you will be saved, period.

BedsFFC

There was just something about Rene's reaction to Sarah, when asked about him, he made me think that what he seen in training has left him thinking he needs more work than he thought.

terryr

Quote from: Mitroglol on February 03, 2014, 07:32:10 PM
Trust me guys and not a random pundit who's probably never watched mitrogoal playing.
If white's midfielders can feed him, you will be saved, period.
I hope so......I REALLY hope so.

Andy S

There are some players who do not need fitness to be at their best. the fact is man united will be trying to find out as much about him as they can so they know how to play against him. He is an unknown quantity, and that could be to our advantage

win-dup

Quote from: Baszab on February 03, 2014, 02:43:53 PM
cynical but probably true.

Bryanthebroom

Have some faith. The guy is Mitroglycerin.

hovewhite

You can't judge a player before putting on the white shirt shot and and show our support not only to him bt every player in the white shirt.

filham

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 03, 2014, 07:47:04 PM
There was just something about Rene's reaction to Sarah, when asked about him, he made me think that what he seen in training has left him thinking he needs more work than he thought.
So are we thinking that we have payed £11m or so for this guy without Rene ever having seen him in match action ?

Primate

Quote from: Andy S on February 03, 2014, 09:19:09 PM
There are some players who do not need fitness to be at their best. the fact is man united will be trying to find out as much about him as they can so they know how to play against him. He is an unknown quantity, and that could be to our advantage
They probably already had guys on it because of the champions league tie against his old club in a couple of weeks.

hovewhite

Man u will no enough but let's hope he gets the supply and shocks them and puts a smile on our boats