watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dejagah out of favour

Started by JackyFulham90, February 03, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Rene doesn't seem to rate him which is madness he is easily our best right midfielder, I really hope Larnell Cole can make an impact on the right or we may have to get used to seeing Duff, Holtby or Kasami on the right wing for the rest of the season

Julius Geezer

I think he is used in certain situations, not Rene doesn't rate him.

His defensive contribution in the Arsenal game was terrible.

Zu-Meister

madness utter madness, not only is he our best midfielder, he has been our most effective attacker all round. strong, fast, skillfull. cannot believe that neither jol or rene can see this. is it ray wilkins insisting on duff being played?

Arthur

Dejagah, more than anyone, has fallen foul of the 'good first-half, dreadful second-half' syndrome that seems to have enveloped the team these past few games. I thought he was our best player in the first-half at Arsenal. Despite being double-marked by Arsenal, he was still a threat, contesting every ball with strength and determination.

Then the second-half came along and he was a totally different player - seemingly sluggish and lacking commitment. I can't understand it, but I do hope he's not completely out of favour. Frankly, I'd rather him than Kacaniklic or Duff.

Max Headroom

When he is good he is very very good, but when he is bad he is horrid....

leonffc

Quote from: Max Headroom on February 03, 2014, 04:01:06 PM
When he is good he is very very good, but when he is bad he is horrid....

:plus one:

Sometimes his decision making and final ball are shocking

Slaphead in Qatar

He is a guy who needs a run of games to blossom. He has the game to do well with in this league.

horse1031

Dejegah is our best offensive player at the moment but...

he is one of the worst when it comes to defending and "switching off."  There have been multiple times in the last month he has not defended properly and the other teams scores a goal.  But, our whole team is defending terribly so par for the course.

I think Rene thinks Duff is a better defender and works a little harder so that is why he played him.  Dejegah might have been injured as well.

Burt

Sorry but where has anyone heard or read that Rene doesn't rate him? I thought the reason he was not on the bench v. the Saints was because of a knock?

jmh

Quote from: Burt on February 03, 2014, 05:34:33 PM
Sorry but where has anyone heard or read that Rene doesn't rate him?
Nobody has, the thread is just speculation.

Zu-Meister

i dont recall there being reports of him being injured.

hovewhite

I can see both sides of argment ,dejagah and duff but given run of games dejagah offers more as a threat.

Alan_C

This might not be popular but I really don't see this. I would much rather see one of the youngsters thrown in at the deep end. Hopefully they would learn from their experience rather than make the same errors and bad choices again and again.

Despite all his effort he really must be one of the most technically inept players of our premier league era. The fact that quite a number see him as one of our best players this season really demonstrates how our position propping up the rest of the league is deserved.

If Dejagah is the answer then the question is completely wrong.

Pluto

I don't get this guy. We constantly laud him as one of our best player yet managers keep on dropping him for seemingly no reason. Someone is missing something somewhere.

YoungsBitter

I tend to agree with his fans, he has pace, he links well with Reither and has been at the root of any and all of our attacking threat. Defensively he is no worse than Kaca and better than Dempsey. He does seem to get on the wrong side of managers though so we are obviously not seeing the issues they see. I love Duff but sorry as much as maybe an emergency left back I never want to see him start for us offensively again, added nothing against Saints what so ever. Dejegah has actually worked well with Riether defensively and if he is to be criticized for dropping attention 2nd half then so has the rest of the team for most of the season. I hope he and Kaca start against the Blades.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Zu-Meister

Quote from: YoungsBitter on February 03, 2014, 10:56:06 PM
I tend to agree with his fans, he has pace, he links well with Reither and has been at the root of any and all of our attacking threat. Defensively he is no worse than Kaca and better than Dempsey. He does seem to get on the wrong side of managers though so we are obviously not seeing the issues they see. I love Duff but sorry as much as maybe an emergency left back I never want to see him start for us offensively again, added nothing against Saints what so ever. Dejegah has actually worked well with Riether defensively and if he is to be criticized for dropping attention 2nd half then so has the rest of the team for most of the season. I hope he and Kaca start against the Blades.
i agree completely with this, im baffled as to why he gets dropped, and really quite interested to see if there is a behind the scenes reason.

BishopsParkFantastic

I suspected Deja may have had a slight knock and was being saved for the cup match

Black, White and Fred

I think given our new strikers ability to get the ball on his nut having ashkan back could be just what he needs.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Alan_C

Quote from: 1879 on February 04, 2014, 02:54:45 AM
I think given our new strikers ability to get the ball on his nut having ashkan back could be just what he needs.

How many times has Dejagah crossed the ball accurately for anybody to head? Or even to kick?

TheManOnTheBus

Not very often, that's true, but then there hasn't often been anyone there to aim for!