watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We must go down

Started by Tempest, February 03, 2014, 10:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Reality is, we're too weak as a squad to push on to mid table security, the investment needed to get us there is just not going to come in one go and nor should it, as a club we can't support that level of debt, we need too many new players of the right quality in the first team and squad for us to be able to improve sufficiently that we're not facing the same problem next year.

If we go down we will then be able to give younger players 1st team football, we can develop them and they can continue to grow as a team and be strong enough to take on the PL in 2-3 years time.

Every now and then you need to take a step back to go forward, think this may be the time for us.

The only positive thing about staying up this season is the quality in the championship is poor and the teams coming up must be favorites to go straight back down.

Live in Falmouth!

nose

i do not agree
maybe i just don;t want to agree
in any event relegation would be the very worst thing..... there is no redeeming fearure to it... we have to struggle to survive, the plauers just have to be more disciplined and try harder.... and perhaps most important learn that the three big white sticks at the other end is where we need to put the ball!

K33NY

Dont agree with you at all, first of all the loss of money for the club to go down will take our development for the future a step back as well, if we stay alive, we get more money to invest even more in the squad for the future.

Forever Fulham

We aren't going down.  Can't. Too much on the line.  Think of all of the players who would bolt for the exits upon relegation.  They will play for pride and selfish reasons.  Things will fall into place.  Jol made a proper mess of things.  While we picked up some quality players, our defending still has question marks.  But I think good things are coming from the changes.  One game at a time.

jeremyfulham

It is not a given we would EVER come back up if relegated . COYW

grandad

No,no,no. I have experienced many relegations with Fulham & it is horrible. Apart from the loss of vast sums of money you lose status in being able to attract decent players, virtually no media coverage,& probably years in the wilderness.
We will end up with journeymen & a few youngsters not stolen by the Premiership clubs. We would have to start all over again with no guarantee that Khan will invest in the manner that MAF did.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JackyFulham90

Staying up is so important for Fulham Football Club, if er go down we will find it very difficult to come back up again

west kowloon white

Staying up is imperative.
Having said that if we can keep a hard core of the best young players and the continued backing of Khan anything is possible,look at QPR,an inferior squad to the one  we are likely have.Suppose the stand revamp will be shelved.
Actually hadn't realised till gleefully told by a Sky presenter this is the first time we have been bottom of the PL.

lamby

Quote from: jeremyfulham on February 04, 2014, 07:53:06 AM
It is not a given we would EVER come back up if relegated . COYW

Yep, there are some big teams with big money in the lower leagues.

Julius Geezer

We mustn't go down.

Why re-build the squad in the Championship when we can do it after survival in the Premier league?

Sgt Fulham

You missed out an n't from your title. You're welcome!

mungos beans

We go down we aint coming back up 096.gig

Lighthouse

There is the odd dream that if we go down our youngsters will remain and see us back up. No the best players will be poached and we will never see the Prem again unless huge investment in the team begins. But the time to do this (here we go again) was to drip feed money into the squad when Hughes was here. However the Chairman had already decided to sell the club and no funds were available while our two best players were sold.

No team could manage to survive that. We will go down knowing that a poor decisions from our wonderful ex owner, our club and the last manager all conspired to see us ruined as a Prem team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

west kowloon white

Apart from QPR ,I can't think of a club with really big money in the lower leagues(and theirs may fall apart with Fernandes being the provider)
Sure someone will correct me.

Southcoastffc

We most certainly are not sure to go down - this is the tightest ever bottom half of the Prem.  Stoke in 11th place have only 6 points more than us.  One win could be all it takes to turn our season and one loss by any of half a dozen teams above us to drop them into the doo-doo.  We DO have a quality squad eminently capable of getting out of the predicament we are in  but we need energy, belief and organisation to go with that quality. And the backing of the crowd.    049:gif   049:gif   049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Burt

Hopefully the team and the coaching staff will have a slightly more positive outlook on the rest of the season than "we're doomed"...

FFCAli

Quote from: Burt on February 04, 2014, 12:43:36 PM
Hopefully the team and the coaching staff will have a slightly more positive outlook on the rest of the season than "we're doomed"...
I certainly hope so!  Belief seems to me to be the biggest problem we have.  How many of the players on the pitch think we are doomed to lose a game as soon as the opposition scores?  This is what needs changing.  And from the supporters as well.  At the start of Saturday's match I thought the atmosphere was terrific and the whole ground seemed much more hopeful.  There was still hope for the first hour but as soon as Southampton scored it all went quiet again. 049:gif  COYW!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: FFCAli on February 04, 2014, 12:58:15 PM
Quote from: Burt on February 04, 2014, 12:43:36 PM
I certainly hope so!  Belief seems to me to be the biggest problem we have.  How many of the players on the pitch think we are doomed to lose a game as soon as the opposition scores?  This is what needs changing.  And from the supporters as well.  At the start of Saturday's match I thought the atmosphere was terrific and the whole ground seemed much more hopeful.  There was still hope for the first hour but as soon as Southampton scored it all went quiet again. 049:gif  COYW!
Exactly - I and those around me expected us to lose that game and I was not in favour of starting both Kvist and Holtby (well tho Holtby played).  We had a mad, bad 10 minutes - I fully expect us to lose v Man Utd and Liverpool but I still expect us to stay up.  The first win is the hardest.   049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.