https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

STILL BELEIVE

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, February 03, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Blanco

I hope so...

I'm using this as my wallpaper. Hope you don't mind. You did a good job.

WORTHINGFULHAM

lol no worries, knocked it up quickly, felt optimistic...still do.

Scrumpy

Nice one. I was thinking of starting a thread about just what we can do as supporters, so will hi-jack this one, if you don't mind.

I know it is incredibly hard when players are failing, or not even putting a shift in, but all we can do as supporters is try to make that tiny bit of difference to try and swing the game our way. That means cheers and not groans, support and not criticism, as much singing as possible, pressure on the ref, intimidation of opposing players, flags, banners, ticker tape, balloons - anything we can do to help.

Of course, the team may not deserve this support at the moment. But wouldn't it be good to receive comments in the press (like Palace have) about how good the support is? I remember us all slagging off the Blackburn fans a few season's back for not getting behind their team. Let's not get labelled like them.

I'm probably preaching to the converted, but just thought I would put it out there. Sometimes a team gets support that they do not deserve, but then at least they can strive to live up to that level of support. It may not often feel warranted, it may be the hardest thing to do is dig deep, take a deep breath and cheer the lads on, you may hate the Manager, the left-winger or the goalie, but let's all try and make the effort between now and the end of the season to do out bit. If the team go down, then I at least want to look myself in the mirror and say that they let me down, rather than the other way around.
049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Logicalman

Nice one Scrumpy.

It reminds me of what happened at the Super Bowl last night, after the Seahawks demolished the favorites Broncos.
When the trophy was presented to the winning team, both the owner and the coach stated very quickly that this was all down to the 12th man (ie the supporters).

It is true, we are the twelth man, whether we are at the game cheering the lads on, purchasing goodies to help the coffers, or just sending kudos from afar.

That's the shirt to get, #12 with the name "The Fans" on it.  Lets get behind this team, behind our great club, and win or lose, show the lads we are there 100% for them

nevzter

Quote from: Logicalman on February 04, 2014, 12:05:19 AM
Nice one Scrumpy.

It reminds me of what happened at the Super Bowl last night, after the Seahawks demolished the favorites Broncos.
When the trophy was presented to the winning team, both the owner and the coach stated very quickly that this was all down to the 12th man (ie the supporters).

It is true, we are the twelth man, whether we are at the game cheering the lads on, purchasing goodies to help the coffers, or just sending kudos from afar.

That's the shirt to get, #12 with the name "The Fans" on it.  Lets get behind this team, behind our great club, and win or lose, show the lads we are there 100% for them

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Well said, people.  COYW!
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Blanco

I just hope all this belief, positivity and talk about making some noise can transcend itself into the stands.

Hong Kong Fulham fan

I hope we can make some more noise in future games.

Saturday was an embarrassment if you ask me. I was with some mates who support Brentford and they couldn't believe how poor our support was.

I flew in from Hong Kong to the game, turned down over 4000 pounds of overtime to make sure I watched the game as I was full of hope with some of the new signings and the support was dreadful.

Come on lads, let's get vocal.

Danitar

Quote from: Hong Kong Fulham fan on February 04, 2014, 03:02:30 AM

Saturday was an embarrassment if you ask me. I was with some mates who support Brentford and they couldn't believe how poor our support was.

I flew in from Hong Kong to the game, turned down over 4000 pounds of overtime to make sure I watched the game as I was full of hope with some of the new signings and the support was dreadful.

What the hell do you do for a living?

JBH

Unfortunately the poor atmosphere is due to the amount of Tourists we get at the Cottage  065.gif

jeremyfulham

JackyFulham90

We will be down there until game 38 but I believe out January business has given us a chance to escape before we were doomed

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Quote from: JBH on February 04, 2014, 07:27:45 AM

Unfortunately the poor atmosphere is due to the amount of Tourists we get at the Cottage  065.gif

JBH,

Even though I live in Hong Kong, I'm a season ticket holder in the hammy end and all the guys sitting around me aren't tourists. I appreciate there are a lot of tourists in the ground but the hammy end should be a lot more vocal than we are.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on February 03, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

It begins tomorrow....

Nice one Worthing. I'm stealing as wallpaper as well. COYSW

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 03, 2014, 11:22:01 PM
Nice one. I was thinking of starting a thread about just what we can do as supporters, so will hi-jack this one, if you don't mind.

I know it is incredibly hard when players are failing, or not even putting a shift in, but all we can do as supporters is try to make that tiny bit of difference to try and swing the game our way. That means cheers and not groans, support and not criticism, as much singing as possible, pressure on the ref, intimidation of opposing players, flags, banners, ticker tape, balloons - anything we can do to help.

Of course, the team may not deserve this support at the moment. But wouldn't it be good to receive comments in the press (like Palace have) about how good the support is? I remember us all slagging off the Blackburn fans a few season's back for not getting behind their team. Let's not get labelled like them.

I'm probably preaching to the converted, but just thought I would put it out there. Sometimes a team gets support that they do not deserve, but then at least they can strive to live up to that level of support. It may not often feel warranted, it may be the hardest thing to do is dig deep, take a deep breath and cheer the lads on, you may hate the Manager, the left-winger or the goalie, but let's all try and make the effort between now and the end of the season to do out bit. If the team go down, then I at least want to look myself in the mirror and say that they let me down, rather than the other way around.

082.gif  049:gif