watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The wrong player was sold to Valencia

Started by Rudolph, February 04, 2014, 10:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

Senderos was hounded out of the club by the boo boys and we have been left with a husk of a player in Hangeland.  For the goal he didn't even jump, he should be winning all incoming, along with his partner Burn. 

We even don't look threatening at corners, despite our height advantage over other teams.  You might recall it was Senderos who had a chance against the bar at Shef United last time out and he was a constant threat in the box at set pieces.

Spineless, clueless gobsh*tes.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Rudolph on February 04, 2014, 10:24:52 PM
Senderos was hounded out of the club by the boo boys and we have been left with a husk of a player in Hangeland.  For the goal he didn't even jump, he should be winning all incoming, along with his partner Burn. 

We even don't look threatening at corners, despite our height advantage over other teams.  You might recall it was Senderos who had a chance against the bar at Shef United last time out and he was a constant threat in the box at set pieces.

Spineless, clueless gobsh*tes.

Not enough of them were sold to Valencia !

Northern Cottager

Should ship them Amore, Kasami, Dempsey, Rodallega amongst others.

Pluto

Amorebieta and  Hangeland are both significantly worse players than Hughes and Senderos were. Terrible decision to get rid. At least with them out there we would've seen some passion.

Rudolph

Quote from: Pluto on February 04, 2014, 10:40:28 PM
Amorebieta and  Hangeland are both significantly worse players than Hughes and Senderos were. Terrible decision to get rid. At least with them out there we would've seen some passion.

Exactly.  I thought their partnership worked quite well.  Hangeland should be sent packing to the MLS next year and we should get a fee for Amorebieta. Heitinga and Burn at the back for me, with Burn actually jumping his height.  We should not be conceding from corners or set pieces  with those two.

Rudolph

Quote from: Yarden on February 04, 2014, 10:55:53 PM
Yawn fp.gif

Do you honestly think Hangeland is good enough at this level any more?

Yarden

Julius Geezer

Wow, we played badly, we were knocked out a cup we never had a chance in and people are calling for Senderos to return.

That is crazy talk.

Yarden

Quote from: Rudolph on February 04, 2014, 10:58:57 PM
Yawn fp.gif

If you believe Senderos is better than Hangeland, i have nothing to say tbh

Rudolph

Quote from: Yarden on February 04, 2014, 11:00:11 PM
Quote from: Still believe on February 04, 2014, 10:57:34 PM
is this a joke?

You would think so, but nothing on here suprises me anymore

He was useless before being sidelined and has come back just as bad, whereas we've let a decent player go.  

Rudolph

Quote from: Yarden on February 04, 2014, 11:02:30 PM
Yawn fp.gif

Tell me what Hangeland offers, based on the last couple of performances? 

Pluto

If Senderos had up in the performance that Hangeland did tonight he would have been murdered on here. There would have been seven pages of vicious personal abuse directed at him.

leonffc

One thing is for sure. You can always rely on Rudolph to lighten the mood on here after a poor performance  :Happy New Year 2:

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Rudolph on February 04, 2014, 11:04:22 PM
Quote from: Yarden on February 04, 2014, 11:02:30 PM
Yawn fp.gif

Tell me what Hangeland offers, based on the last couple of performances?  

Have you forgotton how Senderos played in the first Sheff Utd game?

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on February 04, 2014, 11:03:24 PM
is this a joke?

He was useless before being sidelined and has come back just as bad, whereas we've let a decent player go.  

Give it a rest Senderos has gone, he was rubbish as a player , only you can't see that, you even admitted it recently, go polish your nose or something!

Fulham Joe

I agree about Hangeland, when we first signed him he was terrific, but I don't think he's been any good for at least a year and I get nervous every time he gets the ball. He's a shadow of the player he was 4 years ago, and he's almost becoming a liability, not just him though, the whole team is poor.

Blanco

This is a pretty typical post. Everyone(nearly everyone) slags off a player and then when he leaves and we get a bad result he was the bees knees. Senderos for all his heart and passion wasn't Premier League quality. Hangeland is the better defender. As is Burn. Although admittedly Brede isn't looking as sharp as usual since he came back from injury.

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on February 04, 2014, 11:07:39 PM
Quote from: Rudolph on February 04, 2014, 11:03:24 PM
is this a joke?

Give it a rest Senderos has gone, he was rubbish as a player , only you can't see that, you even admitted it recently, go polish your nose or something!

I've said before that Senderos wasn't the answer either, but he certainly would have put more heart into it than "good ol' Brede".  People need to take the rose tinted's off and realise we are appalling at the back.  Two 6 foot odd defenders should allow NOTHING across the box and should be a right handful at corners.