watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Curbishley laughing his head off

Started by Nick Bateman, February 04, 2014, 10:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

The memory of that game for me was seeing Alan Curbishley laughing away just before the second period of extra-time.

Meulensteen has allowed his earlier attacking, fast-paced style, to be watered-down to the slower, deliberate and boring football which has got Fulham into such bad form.

And the FA switched referees for this game after criticism from Nigel Clough of Andre Marriner's performance in the first game.  It seemed this official Neil Swarbrick went out of his way not to upset Clough and rather upset Fulham.  Sheffield were allowed to grab shirts blatantly in the box on many occasions, and one player Bob Harris committed three bookables but was not sent off.  Perhaps the ref was an Old Grey Whistle Test fan??

Meulensteen will take the flack but if I were him I'd sack Curbishley and perhaps Wilkins too, and do or die by my own convictions.

And no shots on target today - that's a terrible stat.   096.gig
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

westcliffchil

Do we need to send mixed messages to the team? Curbishley & Wilkins out and allow Meulensteen to do his job. The players need to want to when and chase every ball they loose. We need Tigana or Hodgey back!

Julius Geezer

Northern Cottager

For once I agree Bateman, referee was awful and the management is now an absolute joke. Congratulations Fulham.

Macedo

If Fergie was our boss and turned round and saw Curbishley
Laughing when the team are in the mire, he would have gone
Into the stands and gave Curbs the Glasgow kiss..

Fulham Joe

There was also a shot of Nigel Clough laughing his head off at one stage, so if Fulham had won would that make Clough a right villain?
The score was 0-0 and he was watching a bloody football match, he is entitled to have a laugh you know.