watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey

Started by Tonywa, February 04, 2014, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Is there any way we can curtail Dempsey's loan period.  He is quite embarrassingly bad and clearly totally unfit after a few months in the joke league in the States.  A total disgrace and a waste of a squad number. Get rid as soon as is possible.

Fulham Joe

Looks a shadow of the player he used to be, but he's been fantastic for Fulham in the past, and I don't think Clint deserves to be singled out when our entire team is crap.

Jamie88

The fact he literally just walked off his marker when they scored summed up his performance tonight. Woeful, woeful, woeful.
Not even an eighth the player he was when he was with us before.

Bill2

Quote from: Tonywa on February 04, 2014, 11:05:57 PM
Is there any way we can curtail Dempsey's loan period.  He is quite embarrassingly bad and clearly totally unfit after a few months in the joke league in the States.  A total disgrace and a waste of a squad number. Get rid as soon as is possible.
Have to agree did nothing the entire match. In the last period kept falling over at the slightest contact looking for a free kick.Should have stayed on his feet and fight. Noticed that he was stretching out his leg with cramp.

Humbled

Way off the pace.... Lost is the only word I can come up with for him.
I like him but we know when we can't cut it. Even he knows, could see it in his face.

mccscratch

you have no right to insult the MLS... it is a league that is getting better and better...

Dempsey is off the pace, no doubt but a few MLS sides would probably take us apart right now...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

DukeTyrion

Looked the same as he did before Hodgson sorted him out ... Trying to show-boat, falling over, not tracking back and spending most of the time waving to the ref from the ground.

Pluto

I feel sorry for Dempsey. I think he genuinely wanted to come back here, help us out, score a few goals and try to go some way towards making amends.

Unfortunately he's joined a terrible team, playing in front of a toxic crowd with little room for sentiment; plus he's still unfit, low on confidence and off the pace. We all know Clint is a confidence player and right now he's got none. It'll be sad if he doesn't score for us before he goes again.

Humbled

The thing is when 11 players gel on the pitch and stay honest, Keep their positions, track back, work hard for each other and leave everything on the pitch it works and can make mediocre players look good.
Remove one or more of the vital things listed above from a mediocre player/team and now you see him/them for what they really are.  

Pluto

Quote from: mccscratch on February 04, 2014, 11:36:58 PM
Is there any way we can curtail Dempsey's loan period.  He is quite embarrassingly bad and clearly totally unfit after a few months in the joke league in the States.  A total disgrace and a waste of a squad number. Get rid as soon as is possible.
you have no right to insult the MLS... it is a league that is getting better and better...

Dempsey is off the pace, no doubt but a few MLS sides would probably take us apart right now...

Oh come on the MLS is a complete joke. Most of those sides would struggle in League 2.

nose

in didn't start this thread but everyone who reads my posts knows i am not a great fan of clint.
tonight he showed everything that is wrong with him, a bit lazy, selfish, falls over, dives, not a team player, can't do anything simple, he simply always has to step over or back heel the ball when a simple sharp strike wuth the inside of the foot is all that is needed.... AND now to add yo all that he isn't fit and as we went into extra time he was totally unable to put in any effort because he was clearly exhausted. rodders was the wrong man to be withdrawn, clint should have gone.
so that made 10 players.
the left back made clint look good, armorberita (or similar) was quite simply in the jim hicks league of awfulness
so we were down to 9
of them we played the most insane tactics i can recall...four at the backl, apparently 4 at the front and the two central midfielders hiding throughout.. parker's worst game ever, he was as useless as ruiz and tried to emulate the costa rican going round in circles, and poor old tankovitch had no chance on his own and his inexperience showed.

half time the manager changed nothing so we were just as poor
the substitutions were wrong kaka and rodders should have remained clint and armorberita should have gone..dejagah and duff on.... karagounis for tankovitch at 75 mins

and despite all that dejagah cost us the game in the end, a needless loss of possesion, a very lazy receipt of the ball allowed thenm to steal possesion that should have seen us up the other end, that led to the corner and the inevitable and deserved goal for sheff utd which i am informned went in because clint decided not to mark his man, i can't say for sure i haven't seen a replay

i blame jol entirely for the situation, for breaking up a good team and destrying everything and the oaff of a CEO for not ridding us of jol earlier and getting poyet who will rescue sunderland. i also know there is much ill will towards wilkins and curbs and seeing as we picked up before them and went backwards afterwards i believe they are devisive, i do believe rene can be great and will be but he needs to be rid of those two and kit back alongside him!

mccscratch

Quote from: Pluto on February 04, 2014, 11:41:25 PM
Is there any way we can curtail Dempsey's loan period.  He is quite embarrassingly bad and clearly totally unfit after a few months in the joke league in the States.  A total disgrace and a waste of a squad number. Get rid as soon as is possible.

Oh come on the MLS is a complete joke. Most of those sides would struggle in League 2.

no they are not actually.. ask any Prem manager that has played against them in the Summer... they all say the level is much better than perceived...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Julius Geezer

Does Khan insist Dempsey plays or something?

He should never have returned and I hate to say I told you so but I was saying this when everyone was getting excited when he arrived.

He walks around with an arrogant look on his face like he is something else.

You were great for the club, now you're a hindrance Clint!

nose

Quote from: Pluto on February 04, 2014, 11:38:25 PM
I feel sorry for Dempsey. I think he genuinely wanted to come back here, help us out, score a few goals and try to go some way towards making amends.

Unfortunately he's joined a terrible team, playing in front of a toxic crowd with little room for sentiment; plus he's still unfit, low on confidence and off the pace. We all know Clint is a confidence player and right now he's got none. It'll be sad if he doesn't score for us before he goes again.

the crowd is not toxic, not at fulham, but it is mighty worried and doesn't like to be presented with things that are wrong.
clint is not back for the reasons you state, he is back to try and get fit and regain some form in the run up the world cup. his performances have certainly not been those of a good team player such as mcbride, who probably had rather less skill than dempsey but certainly flogged himself to the last for the cause.

the fact dempsey srtarts any game ius suspicious, i cannot believe a very good coach would pick him unless obliged so to do.

Pluto

Quote from: nose on February 04, 2014, 11:47:20 PM

the crowd is not toxic, not at fulham, but it is mighty worried and doesn't like to be presented with things that are wrong.
clint is not back for the reasons you state, he is back to try and get fit and regain some form in the run up the world cup. his performances have certainly not been those of a good team player such as mcbride, who probably had rather less skill than dempsey but certainly flogged himself to the last for the cause.

the fact dempsey srtarts any game ius suspicious, i cannot believe a very good coach would pick him unless obliged so to do.

He could have joined West Ham and there was interest from clubs in Italy but he chose to come back here. If you listened to his interview you could tell how happy he was to be back and the affection for the club in his voice.

YoungsBitter

I have to agree with this "half time the manager changed nothing so we were just as poor
the substitutions were wrong kaka and rodders should have remained clint and armorberita should have gone..dejagah and duff on.... karagounis for tankovitch at 75 mins"
RM always seems to get the subs wrong and we don't seem able to make adjustments. I watched the replay of their goal and Dempsey stood and watched the guy who actually headed it in, completely unmarked. It wasn't Dejegah's fault, the pass was short and stuck in the rain soaked turf.
Dempsey is a shadow of his former self and does not warrant a start. After tonight and looking shite for 120 mins I think we can guarantee he will not start against Man Ure
Quark, strangeness and charm

First State

More than a few.

chiefo

Quote from: nose on February 04, 2014, 11:43:24 PM
in didn't start this thread but everyone who reads my posts knows i am not a great fan of clint.
tonight he showed everything that is wrong with him, a bit lazy, selfish, falls over, dives, not a team player, can't do anything simple, he simply always has to step over or back heel the ball when a simple sharp strike wuth the inside of the foot is all that is needed.... AND now to add yo all that he isn't fit and as we went into extra time he was totally unable to put in any effort because he was clearly exhausted. rodders was the wrong man to be withdrawn, clint should have gone.
so that made 10 players.
the left back made clint look good, armorberita (or similar) was quite simply in the jim hicks league of awfulness
so we were down to 9
of them we played the most insane tactics i can recall...four at the backl, apparently 4 at the front and the two central midfielders hiding throughout.. parker's worst game ever, he was as useless as ruiz and tried to emulate the costa rican going round in circles, and poor old tankovitch had no chance on his own and his inexperience showed.

the substitutions were wrong kaka and rodders should have remained clint and armorberita should have gone..dejagah and duff on.... karagounis for tankovitch at 75 mins

and despite all that dejagah cost us the game in the end, a needless loss of possesion, a very lazy receipt of the ball allowed thenm to steal possesion that should have seen us up the other end, that led to the corner and the inevitable and deserved goal for sheff utd which i am informned went in because clint decided not to mark his man, i can't say for sure i haven't seen a replay

i blame jol entirely for the situation, for breaking up a good team and destrying everything and the oaff of a CEO for not ridding us of jol earlier and getting poyet who will rescue sunderland. i also know there is much ill will towards wilkins and curbs and seeing as we picked up before them and went backwards afterwards i believe they are devisive, i do believe rene can be great and will be but he needs to be rid of those two and kit back alongside h
so that made 10 players.
so we were down to 9

i blame jol entirely for the situation, for breaking up a good team and destrying everything and the oaff of a CEO for not ridding us of jol earlier and getting poyet who will rescue sunderland. i also know there is much ill will towards wilkins and curbs and seeing as we picked up before them and went backwards afterwards i believe they are devisive, i do believe rene can be great and will be but he needs to be rid of those two and kit back alongside him!

chiefo

Quote from: chiefo on February 05, 2014, 12:34:23 AM
so that made 10 players.
so we were down to 9

i blame jol entirely for the situation, for breaking up a good team and destrying everything and the oaff of a CEO for not ridding us of jol earlier and getting poyet who will rescue sunderland. i also know there is much ill will towards wilkins and curbs and seeing as we picked up before them and went backwards afterwards i believe they are devisive, i do believe rene can be great and will be but he needs to be rid of those two and kit back alongside h
so that made 10 players.
so we were down to 9

A post like this deserves a  :plus one: from me nose. Very well put 100%

nose

Quote from: Pluto on February 05, 2014, 12:10:39 AM
Quote from: nose on February 04, 2014, 11:47:20 PM

He could have joined West Ham and there was interest from clubs in Italy but he chose to come back here. If you listened to his interview you could tell how happy he was to be back and the affection for the club in his voice.

i think i know the interview to which you refer and yes he seemed pleased to be here. but there can be no doubt that his reasons for coming were entirely to regain his fitness and form... nothing else.
i met the man he is a nice fellow from what i could tell but this is his job and a short career usually for them all so he is doing what is best for him. i do not believe the crowd is toxic, just very disappointed and skeptical.

me, i always think going back is a poor idea, it rarely works out so better not to do it.  wilkins has come back and that is a poor idea as well!