watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The ref

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, February 04, 2014, 11:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Neil Swarbrick denied us 3 obvious penalties in the game today. I have just seen the highlights and all 3 were spot kicks; the Dempsey head lock in the 2nd half of normal time, then the sandwich on Kasami right at the end of the 90 mins, and finally in the 2nd half of extra time the shirt pull in the box on Burn or Hangeland. But it was a poor display nevertheless and Rene and Wilkins need to go and bring in Laudrup or Mackay

Pluto

Terrible referee but we shouldn't have needed a spot kick to beat a third tier side

Jamie88

You're right, but the to be honest, now its all over I'm not as annoyed about not progressing, more the fact it was an abysmal performance by us.

Fulham76

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on February 04, 2014, 11:17:19 PM
Neil Swarbrick denied us 3 obvious penalties in the game today. I have just seen the highlights and all 3 were spot kicks; the Dempsey head lock in the 2nd half of normal time, then the sandwich on Kasami right at the end of the 90 mins, and finally in the 2nd half of extra time the shirt pull in the box on Burn or Hangeland. But it was a poor display nevertheless and Rene and Wilkins need to go and bring in Laudrup or Mackay

Didn't think we got in their penalty area 3 times!

JDH101

Bad ref is the least of our worries

Lighthouse

Well there were two for sure and they had to have a player sent off for two nasty fouls. But we still would have lost. But the Ref clearly stopped applying the rules during the match.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Sorry, we should have been 2 or 3 nil up by then. I'm done using excuses about refs, bad decisions etc, I'd just wish we'd put the ball in the back of the net for once and stop conceding.

Bill2

Quote from: Admin on February 04, 2014, 11:23:38 PM
Sorry, we should have been 2 or 3 nil up by then. I'm done using excuses about refs, bad decisions etc, I'd just wish we'd put the ball in the back of the net for once and stop conceding.
To put the ball in the back of the net you need a shot on target which we didn't. Any decent contact went over the bar and anything on target was softer than a passback.

Bill2

Not sure about 3 thought the one on Dempsey looked pretty certain, but if he stopped falling over and started fighting for the ball he might get some decisions.

The Bronsons

We got what we deserved, ref or no ref.

Fulham Tup North

:005: yes that was the problem, the Ref!  It had nothing to do with the fact that we played like a bunch of pussy's.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

RaySmith

The club should make a formal complaint about the ref.

the nutflush

Lol.  Yeah it was the ref. 

PokerMatt

The kasami one he was offside. That was the most clear shout but irrelevant once he was off.

Dempsey looked to be getting held and I can't recall a third one. On brede in the box being held down as he jumped? They were at that all night.

Either way. We were so sh*t we got what we deserved.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

SP

and finally in the 2nd half of extra time the shirt pull in the box on Burn or Hangeland.

I had a decent view, his shirt must've strectched about 2 or 3 foot, ridiculous. For none of the officials to spot it was unbelievable.  Yes we should be beating teams from lower leagues but I'd have been happy with 1-0 under the present circumstances.

leonffc

I dont want to go down the route of blaming the ref after that performance from the players but while we are at it, how can their right back Bob Harris (I think) get a yellow and then go on to commit two more cynical fouls and go unpunished?

hovewhite

I'm sorry bt we were awful and we should have a complaint as fans about our team,and register it!

HatterDon

He reffed the match as if it were a 3rd tier league match. Any ref who called a penalty on any of those examples would be laughed out of L1.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

What a pig of a job the poor bloke had, I felt a bit sorry for him as it happen   
the conditions were also really bad

JBH

Thats exactly what happens when things aren't going your way and at the moment the footballing God's seem to have got something against us!