watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For those who dont know!

Started by K33NY, February 04, 2014, 11:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

A couple of friends of mine asked, Why do so many Fulham fans hate Curbishley so much? And to be 100% honest I couldnt answer and was stumbled.

I dont know him so much from earlier days, so I thought I where to ask here to maybe get a straight out answer, why do we dislike him so much? All I know is that the WestH fans disliked him alot for hes tactics and transfer policies, but I dont know what tactics he liked to use etc.

DukeTyrion

I don't think many Fulham fans hate him at all. I just think Football might have moved on a little since he was a manager, so he might not be up to the pace of what is required from the current premiership ... then again, perhaps neither is Rene.

Chesh

Are you sure you're not getting him mixed up with Pulis or someone?

I'm not aware of Fulham fans in general having a dislike towards Curbushley.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Admin

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Admin on February 04, 2014, 11:44:05 PM
I think he means Wilkins.

Now, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Wilkins, including him messing up the team when he was with Keegan, his negative football and his more than obvious links to Chelsea, so maybe his friend did mean Wilkins.

K33NY

Quote from: Chesh on February 04, 2014, 11:42:30 PM
Are you sure you're not getting him mixed up with Pulis or someone?

I'm not aware of Fulham fans in general having a dislike towards Curbushley.

so what is up with the negativity towards him on this board? and my friends who doesnt even participate here, hear it from general Fulham fans they know again.

K33NY

Quote from: Admin on February 04, 2014, 11:44:05 PM
I think he means Wilkins.

No I actually mean Curbishley, quite alot of negativity on him since came here tbh even from me and tbh I dont quite know why, just a feeling I have that after he came things went bad!, but right now I cant find an actual reason to answer them

The Bronsons

The only thing I have against him is that he's 5 years out of work and out of date, so not the kind of progressive manager we need to build on the legacy Roy left us.

Oh, wait...

nose

the problem with curbs is, what is he doing here?
when rene took over he changed tactics and adjusted team line up and it looke promising. curbs and wilkins show up and instantly we go backwards again..... that is the problem, it would seem we have too many chiefs and the players may well be getting mixed messages.

i say get rid of both wilks and curbs and get back to the style we played against man city and spurs, we lost but we were thrilling and destined for better at that time,.

K33NY

Quote from: nose on February 04, 2014, 11:51:31 PM
the problem with curbs is, what is he doing here?
when rene took over he changed tactics and adjusted team line up and it looke promising. curbs and wilkins show up and instantly we go backwards again..... that is the problem, it would seem we have too many chiefs and the players may well be getting mixed messages.

i say get rid of both wilks and curbs and get back to the style we played against man city and spurs, we lost but we were thrilling and destined for better at that time,.

That I agree with, and allso thats why I disliked him, but cant Ali Mac or even Khan see that after they came things changed again in a negative way? I feel Fulham is a complete mess on its inside now, and Renee is maybe not a Manager but Head Coach, how much authority does that actually give him?

We need a Manager, ONE man to lead the team, if what you said is the true reason.

Berserker

I think the Curbs Tech idea is ok, it's Wilko I think is a strange situation
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

K33NY

Hull beating us 6-0 was December 26. though Wilkins came December 30.
Man City beating us, 2-4 was Dec 21, Curbishley came Dec 24.

So it actually have lasted since he came, against ManC we played really well, and what about Norwich when we beat them, we did quite well that day to right?

God I am so confused about what is actually going on now in Fulham, but ever since Wilkins/Curbishley, we get poorer and poorer each match.... I want answers, from the club, from Renee, Curb, Ali Mac, Khan.

Khan as owner should show hes face and talk to us, give a interview! Something, no excuses but explanations, allthough we will never get this.....

YoungsBitter

It is not helped by the sight of Wilkins standing next to RM while the wheels fall off looking grim and Fester Addams like, I am not sure what he is adding but it does not look much, nor does the sight of Curbishley looking obsequious next to Ali Mac in the stands
Quark, strangeness and charm

The Rock

What Fulham fan likes Curbishley? Who is this person? I actually don't dislike him, but I wouldn't say I have gone out of my way to like him.