watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The death of Fulham Fc

Started by fulhams_finest, February 05, 2014, 12:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhams_finest

For me being a Fulham supporter all my life at the age of 21 this season truly feels like the death of Fulham Fc embarrassing performances, woeful players and management and an owner who doesn't even give a sh** and just wants to flog american football in England - I am struggling to mentally prepare myself for the natural decline and watching us lose to teams like Huddersfield and get knocked out the Johnstones paint trophy when I know I've seen us beat juventus, man united a couple of years running and even beat the chelseascum. How do we stay sane, how hate club not refunded us for the shite we've had to endure - or I may just be getting complacent and ungrateful, Fulham are just driving me effing barmy

RaySmith

Well you're not forced to support Fulham you know.

fulhams_finest

Quote from: RaySmith on February 05, 2014, 12:17:51 AM
Well you're not forced to support Fulham you know.

- this is beside the point, I love this club like we all do but I can see a portsmouth on the horizon where we all own the club and we're kicking around in the isthmians

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Get a grip if you are Fulhamsfinest  .......well God help us

Sorry F_F just realised you are young ............................but   DO get a grip it was a hodge-podge team out there tonight
the our young lads played  with heart.
...........and there is a 50% chance we will win on Sunday.  

Count Berbatov

Quote from: KCat on February 05, 2014, 12:32:49 AM
Get a grip if you are Fulhamsfinest  .......well God help us

Sorry F_F just realised you are young ............................but   DO get a grip it was a hodge-podge team out there tonight
the our young lads played  with heart.
...........and there is a 50% chance we will win on Sunday. 

The game certainly starts at 0-0
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

premFlem

Relegation would not be the end, just the start of a new challenge. One thing it would do is sort out the real supporters from the fair-weather friends.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

K33NY

Quote from: premFlem on February 05, 2014, 12:51:47 AM
Relegation would not be the end, just the start of a new challenge. One thing it would do is sort out the real supporters from its fair-weather friends.

I have been thinking the same, only thing I am scared of is a Portsmouth situation, I would stick to the club forever and ever, but going down to never come back up would break my heart... if we go down, I surely hope a complete rebuild internal of the staff of Fulham should be donw, Khan would need to take actions, and build for the future

JBH

Grow up! We have been in darker places than this unfortunately you have only known top flight football so I can see where you are coming from but you need to either man up or support someone else 049:gif

MayoDomo

I'm 19 have been supporting since 2004, and to be honest it is scary when all I know is the premier league.  I'll have trouble streaming the games, will have difficulty talking to people who support teams in the PL, and so forth.  Nonetheless I know I'll always support Fulham.  It's my philosophy that once you've chosen, you've chosen.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

beijing ben

Quote from: fulhams_finest on February 05, 2014, 12:15:18 AM
For me being a Fulham supporter all my life at the age of 21 this season truly feels like the death of Fulham Fc embarrassing performances, woeful players and management and an owner who doesn't even give a sh** and just wants to flog american football in England - I am struggling to mentally prepare myself for the natural decline and watching us lose to teams like Huddersfield and get knocked out the Johnstones paint trophy when I know I've seen us beat juventus, man united a couple of years running and even beat the chelseascum. How do we stay sane, how hate club not refunded us for the shite we've had to endure - or I may just be getting complacent and ungrateful, Fulham are just driving me effing barmy

Don't mean to sound patronising but due to your age it seems you have only known the 'good times'. We have been in a lot worse. Our club has been literally close to death but survived and there is some way to go before we are in that position. Being able to handle the bad is what makes us different. Always be proud to be a Fulham fan no matter what the performances and results are like. 'Big clubs' supporters wouldn't be able to handle this and if you have friends that say that they could and are around your age ask them to prove it. They can say that they would still support their team no matter what but they cant prove it. You can. And it is not over yet. Another great escape could happen..

Berserker

Think of Harry Potter books plus legends, we will be like a Phoenix rising the ashes
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JBH

Quote from: MayoDomo on February 05, 2014, 06:30:17 AM
I'm 19 have been supporting since 2004, and to be honest it is scary when all I know is the premier league.  I'll have trouble streaming the games, will have difficulty talking to people who support teams in the PL, and so forth.  Nonetheless I know I'll always support Fulham.  It's my philosophy that once you've chosen, you've chosen.

And that makes you a true fan  :54:

Just think how much enjoyment you will feel when we draw one of your mates team's from the Premierhip in next years FA Cup and knock them out and even if we don't then as no one will be expecting it there will be no pain!!

JBH

Quote from: Berserker on February 05, 2014, 07:01:48 AM
Think of Harry Potter books plus legends, we will be like a Phoenix rising the ashes

Yep we have been there and done that  :54:

Southdowns White

Quote from: fulhams_finest on February 05, 2014, 12:15:18 AM
Wait till you're 48 mate you'll see alot more of life and you will be able to look back and smile at how you feel now, it's only a game.

SKSW6

Oh get a grip. Death of Fulham? It's called relegation. In what way has the owner shown he "doesn't even a give a sh*t"? Was it when he, rightly or wrongly, hired 3 fairly experienced (in their own ways) people in Rene, Curbishley and Wilkins? Was it when he bought a striker for £10m+?

Aaron

Quote from: SKSW6 on February 05, 2014, 08:08:47 AM
Oh get a grip. Death of Fulham? It's called relegation. In what way has the owner shown he "doesn't even a give a sh*t"? Was it when he, rightly or wrongly, hired 3 fairly experienced (in their own ways) people in Rene, Curbishley and Wilkins? Was it when he bought a striker for £10m+?

I'd have to agree with most of the above here.. Khan's doing what he can right now and it's a lot more then MAF did in his last couple of seasons in charge.

With hindsight it's actually a shame we spent this money now (and that's something I'd mentioned before).  If it'd had turned us round in the confidence stakes then it might have been worth it, but there's no way we're surviving even with these new additions.  Now it's money lost from a Championship rebuilding war chest.

You could tell looking at the faces of the players as they walked out last night.. Our fight this season is over, we went out to lose, at home, against a team in the relegation places two leagues below us.

Peabody

I appreciate that you are only young but I wonder what your reaction would have been when we went second bottom of the fourth division. But you know what? It was not too long after that, when we started our climb back to the top.

robert

40+ years a supporter,though admittedly I now live in Russia and am lucky if I see them once every 4 years-At the Europa final also.I am inclined to agree with the younger people on our sad demise and the result and performance was as bad as losing at home to Hayes and yeading in the cup and our relegation to gthe lowest league.Shame on you Fulham players last night you don't deserve to wear the shirt,shame on our 3 management teams you are an embarassment.Keep Khan though and be thankful we have him.Get rid of the players who dared to suggest they represented us last night.Destoy the present FFC and start again ASAP.May we never see the likes of the present rubbish again.Final thought FFC are the fans-not the players,you merely represent us!!!

fulhams_finest

I understand we have been in worse positions, and can people stop with the personal attacks - I can guarantee none to few of you travelled to accrington away a few years ago or were even at the game a last night so shame on you for calling me a bad supporter. I was mainly throwing a theoretical out there
, you only have to look at Teams like Leeds and Charlton etc. to know we are not going to have an easy time getting back and I fear the worst - my opinion. I will be attending next year and I will see new stadiums and teams I haven't seen us play before, I just think it is a crying shame with that being the easiest cup run we have had in a while and especially with the planning permission on the riverside that will now go to waste. With regards to me being immature and only seeing the good times I'm afraid my age/era makes that the case, this is a new low for me and was hoping to get some advice on how to deal with it a apposed to a tirade of abuse - thought we were better than that oh well 

ScalleysDad

Quote from: fulhams_finest on February 05, 2014, 09:43:00 AM
I understand we have been in worse positions, and can people stop with the personal attacks - I can guarantee none to few of you travelled to accrington away a few years ago or were even at the game a last night so shame on you for calling me a bad supporter. I was mainly throwing a theoretical out there
, you only have to look at Teams like Leeds and Charlton etc. to know we are not going to have an easy time getting back and I fear the worst - my opinion. I will be attending next year and I will see new stadiums and teams I haven't seen us play before, I just think it is a crying shame with that being the easiest cup run we have had in a while and especially with the planning permission on the riverside that will now go to waste. With regards to me being immature and only seeing the good times I'm afraid my age/era makes that the case, this is a new low for me and was hoping to get some advice on how to deal with it a apposed to a tirade of abuse - thought we were better than that oh well 

Well done. There will be another topic coming along soon enough so keep your powder dry until then.