watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Josh Passley

Started by SteveFFC, February 05, 2014, 10:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveFFC

I felt sorry for the lad last night. Every time we went forward as a team it seemed to me that he was running around trying to create space and be available for passes only for his team mates to ignore him. There were times when others players came over making the right side congested because it felt like nobody trusted/or wanted to pass to him. If that was the case then why play the poor lad and give him first team experience when all it probably did was put him off!!

Bill2

Quote from: SteveFFC on February 05, 2014, 10:13:27 AM
I felt sorry for the lad last night. Every time we went forward as a team it seemed to me that he was running around trying to create space and be available for passes only for his team mates to ignore him. There were times when others players came over making the right side congested because it felt like nobody trusted/or wanted to pass to him. If that was the case then why play the poor lad and give him first team experience when all it probably did was put him off!!
Have to agree but team orders were obviously not to pass it out wide and instead charge down the narrow part of the field, it gives the opposition more of a chance. However, his crossing when he got the ball on at least two occasions was dire.

elgreenio

Quote from: Bill2 on February 05, 2014, 10:20:35 AM
Quote from: SteveFFC on February 05, 2014, 10:13:27 AM
Have to agree but team orders were obviously not to pass it out wide and instead charge down the narrow part of the field, it gives the opposition more of a chance. However, his crossing when he got the ball on at least two occasions was dire.

his crossing has never been the greatest to be fair, looks to run at people and get as close as possible before having a go at a cross.
touch my camera through the fence

leonffc

There was a moment when Parker gave him the ball and rather than let passley have the space, Parker has ran at him to get the ball off him again. Passley, obviously bored stiff of seeing parker do those irritating stupid pirouettes on the ball bypassed him and passed to someone else in better space only to recieve what looked like a bollocking. It looked like young Josh gave as good as he got ands fair play to him

Bedford White

Certainly theres a bright future for the boy, he was one of the better players last night and all credit to him for that.

Pluto

I thought he and Tank were the only positives to come out of last night's game. Both put in decent performances.

cmg

It would only do him good, I would say. He will learn the job the hard way playing in this team.
I thought his defensive credentials were tested, not a regular occurance in the u18/u21s, and he acquitted himself well. Pity he didn't get a chance to show his speed down the flank. He will need to work on his crosses but all in all I'd say he can feel pleased with himself.

Burn was sound and reliable. Tankovic covered a lot of ground, showed some fine touches and was quite impressive in a role he does not usually play. He has a lot going for him - I'd like to see his name on a longer contract soon.

Legate21

Quote from: Pluto on February 05, 2014, 10:26:04 AM
I thought he and Tank were the only positives to come out of last night's game. Both put in decent performances.

+1.

Tankovic has got some touch. Shame he ended up dropping so deep. Wasn't helped by the fact Dempsey was completely uninterested and as a result completely ineffective.

FPT

Obviously it was against League One opposition, but Josh Passley had a better 120 minutes than any of Sascha Riether's 90 minutes. Simply hasn't been the same player this term.

Northern Cottager

Agreed. Passley was the best player on the pitch. Wasn't 100% convinced with him in the first leg but was confident and strong last night. Made to look bad by an awful more experienced team around him.

leonffc

Quote from: Legate21 on February 05, 2014, 10:34:11 AM

+1.

Tankovic has got some touch. Shame he ended up dropping so deep. Wasn't helped by the fact Dempsey was completely uninterested and as a result completely ineffective.

I love the way Tankovic tries to move the ball quickly, forwards, around corners into little pockets. If a few more did that we wouldnt be nearly as predictable

PokerMatt

Quote from: leonffc on February 05, 2014, 10:40:36 AM
Quote from: Legate21 on February 05, 2014, 10:34:11 AM

+1.

I love the way Tankovic tries to move the ball quickly, forwards, around corners into little pockets. If a few more did that we wouldnt be nearly as predictable

This is what Holtby does too. And is why I'm confident we'll be so much more creative with him in the middle. Only in the middle though.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MJG

Passley kept being ignored when he made his runs, and his fitness to get back just showed how poor Riether's is.
he did get bollocked by Parker and Brede and also Kasami had a go at him for not marking a man closer. Trouble was if Kasami had been back like he should have done Passley would not have had 2 men to cover.
I like Passley and ok a couple of his crosses were poor, but its good experience for him and I see him being first choice in 2 years at least.

Jack Fulham

Just shows the difference between the youth sides and first team. Those youth team all play the same way and much better football than the first team. Time to promote the coaches from within and get rid of those three imbeciles in charge at the moment.

filham

Passley made a coulple of poor crosses but otherwise had a good game, he has pace and boy do we need players like that.

If only we had played quick obvious balls to him in wide positions he could have been a match winner, instead it took two or three short passes to get to him by which time he was closed down. At other times we ignored him and tried to squeeze through an impossible crowded route down the middle.

Tankovic looked very good from time to time.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 05, 2014, 11:13:53 AM
Just shows the difference between the youth sides and first team. Those youth team all play the same way and much better football than the first team. Time to promote the coaches from within and get rid of those three imbeciles in charge at the moment.

Personally, I think we need to just get rid of 2 of the coaches...

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 05, 2014, 11:19:08 AM

We don't know what each is "contributing" - that's an insiders call.

It sure as hell ain't working.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 05, 2014, 12:04:31 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 05, 2014, 11:19:08 AM

We don't know what each is "contributing" - that's an insiders call.

It sure as hell ain't working.

From what I've seen Curbishley sits in the directors box smirking and Wilkins is in Rene's ear like Grima Wormtongue from Lord of the rings.

deeffc

I think he did ok but I few things concern me about him. His touch and passing were sometimes a little sloppy which is to be expected for a youngster but most of all he rarely took a positive touch and looked for the ball down the line. It certainly could be to do with team instructions or Kasami but he didn't often even look for it. He at times got forward well but his timing looked off. Sometimes he seemed to deep on his heels behind the halfway line at others near the corner flag but rarely was he in space by doing so. His defending is a real concern, a few times Murphy skinned him too easily particularly last week, he did better this week but his pace gets him out of problems often.

A lot of people have given his positives so I just wanted to mention the things I saw that may hold him back until he improves and of course it is very, very earlier to either write him off or anoint him as our new no 2. I see a lot of similarities with Briggs who again was highly rated but had and still has weaknesses that prevent him from playing in the Premiership currently. He has plenty of time to work and gain experience though and hopefully he can become a really good player in future.

Pev

For me, John Passley is the greatest young prospect in our team at the moment, more so than Tankovic & Kasami.

He reminds me of a young Rosinior -  pace, work rate defensive ability and confidence. I know its only early on but you can tell the lad holds so much potential in him and with the right guidance he can prove to be something special. It is rare that you see a young english full back with this ability coming through at this level, we would do so well to hang on to him.

I would even go out on a limb and say play him over Reither.
@Fulham_Boy