watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should Tankovic start Sunday??

Started by JackyFulham90, February 05, 2014, 11:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Did he do enough to warrant a start Sunday??

K33NY

I would go for this:

----------------Stekelenburg-------------------
Riether-----Hangeland---Burn-----Richardson/Amore
------------ Kvist-------Tunnicliffe---------------
Dejagah-----------Holtby---------------Kacaniclic
-----------------Mitroglou (if fit)------------------

Zu-Meister

having 2 holding midfielders just doesnt seem to work for us. its better to have one holding who just stays there. otherwise between tthe two holding they never know who and when to go support the attack.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Zu-Meister on February 05, 2014, 11:26:21 AM
having 2 holding midfielders just doesnt seem to work for us. its better to have one holding who just stays there. otherwise between tthe two holding they never know who and when to go support the attack.

I do agree and would prefer one holding. But that said with Holtby at the 10 we'd have the effort that hasn't been there and could help out the two holding players.

I'd prefer kvist holding with Holtby and one other ahead of him but would be against two holding players as long as they aren't sidwell and Parker.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Zu-Meister

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 05, 2014, 11:31:50 AM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on February 05, 2014, 11:26:21 AM

I do agree and would prefer one holding. But that said with Holtby at the 10 we'd have the effort that hasn't been there and could help out the two holding players.

I'd prefer kvist holding with Holtby and one other ahead of him but would be against two holding players as long as they aren't sidwell and Parker.
i think they should try kvist holding. with 2 midfielders in front of him, holtby and parker. holtby does work hard defensively aswell, so i dont think it will leave us vulnerable. plus hes young, so is able to get up and down. as for wide men, please let dejagah start. and no duff.

Northern Cottager

We all know it'll be a completely different team to what we expect. Duff on the wing. Kasami or Dempsey up front. Richardson right wing and Amore Left Back. No idea what the team will be at all!

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 05, 2014, 11:43:56 AM
We all know it'll be a completely different team to what we expect. Duff on the wing. Kasami or Dempsey up front. Richardson right wing and Amore Left Back. No idea what the team will be at all!
you might have a point with liverpool coming just 3 days after man u

VamosFFC

Why don't we revert to Riise at left back. He's the only natural left back we have and he was part of the team that started off well when Rene came in. He and Kara both got left out if the first team and we began to struggle. I know Riise is not the answer to our left back problems, but at least for now I would start him.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: VamosFFC on February 05, 2014, 12:50:08 PM
Why don't we revert to Riise at left back. He's the only natural left back we have and he was part of the team that started off well when Rene came in. He and Kara both got left out if the first team and we began to struggle. I know Riise is not the answer to our left back problems, but at least for now I would start him.
injured, and no reports as to how long he is out for

nose

That is one of a number of obvious improvements... we should go back to what looked so good when rene first got the job!

Huxley

Quote from: K33NY on February 05, 2014, 11:24:26 AM
I would go for this:

I take it you did not see the game last night.. Amorbieta was ineffectual and pretty aweful at LB. SO was Kaca at LM. Duff looked a class above Kaca.

beijing ben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 05, 2014, 11:18:12 AM
Did he do enough to warrant a start Sunday??

I thought he looked very promising for the future and i wouldnt be disappointed to see him play on Sunday but i think with the number of players we have now it would be difficult to justify him even being on the bench with a fully fit squad. Once Dempsey is off i think we might see him on the bench regularly. Definitely one for next season whichever division we end up playing in..

Alan_C

Tankovic looks like a great prospect and I wouldn't be too sad to see him take his place in our midfield against Man U. But he would need support and experience.

Karagounis is the most creative midfielder we have (can't say much for Holtby yet). He needs to be starting games and coming off after an hour.

L-Wizzy

Quote from: nose on February 05, 2014, 01:04:14 PM

That is one of a number of obvious improvements... we should go back to what looked so good when rene first got the job!

Too late we employed curbs as footballing director , including ray we have too many heads with there own ideas, never will work, we will he in this mess until the staff get sorted out, the ingredients are there.

I'm gonna put it in black and white

Manager/"head coach" - Rene (who is a coach)
Assistant - ray (this is correct)
Footballing director- curbs (who is a manager)

If you really think about this from a business and a logical point of view, you see that people are smoking crack.

Khan employed Rene and hill, to me head coach and assistant, we start playing better because it's Rene and his man he bought in but mainly only Rene so there is a sole place where the ideas are coming from,

Then we go an employ more staff to try and "help Rene" didn't look like he needed much help after the first few games with him.   They come in with there own ideas which adds confusion, coz curbs has his own view on how he thinks the game should be played so he will tell Rene  same with ray etc.

If they wanted Rene to run things why employ all these other ppl. Especially who he is and I'm mainly talkin about curbs why employ a manager under a different title when you got Rene as head coach,

Devils advocate, just a lil thought  
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

Bill2

MJG

Should Tankovic start Sunday??....Why not he hasn't looked out of place when he has been on the pitch.

Fulham FC Fan

Folks, we can sit here and draft up all the line up combinations possible, but it won't work.
The team's performance on the pitch is clearly a reflection that the club is in shambles off the pitch.

The team has hit rock bottom and as things are, after Manchester United and Liverpool it will be lights out. The players will pack it up for the season.
Players will naturally have nothing to play for, they will look after their bodies, avoid injuries and start thinking of life next year in a new club, city, country, league, etc.
This is a perfectly normal attitude to have when the ship has sunk.

René Meulensteen was the wrong man for the job, plain and simple. His coaching decisions have been so out of character. His present decisions may have been based on desperation or inexperience, but this we will never know.

Him laughing on the bench with Ray Wilkins in the 85 minute, was so poor in character and judgement, it was the icing on the cake. 

If I had not heard of this man before, I would doubt he had even had walked outside of Old Trafford, let alone work under Sir Alex Ferguson's coaching staff for several years.

This team does not need to play it self out of relegation, but rather fight its way out. Who does not like youth, we all do. Tunnicliffe, Tankovic are good young players that still require a nurturing environment. Throwing them in this situation will only stunt their development.

They have European champion, with over 100 Champions league appearances, and a player will will lead his country into his second World Cup, parked on the bench or off the 18 player list, for no reason at all.

Make Giorgos Karagounis team captain, and with his leadership, charisma, heart, fight and work ethic will hopefully inspire his team to follow suit. His energy is contagious. 

This my Fulham Friends is our only option at this time.  Hangeland is gentleman and a very fine man that I have had the chance to meet, but perhaps the strong silent type character may not suit the team present climate. 

the nutflush

Quote from: K33NY on February 05, 2014, 11:24:26 AM
I would go for this:

I tell you what, Kaca would seriously need to pull finger if hes picked.  Promises the world and delivers an atlas every time hes in.  He was rubbish the other night.   Kasami up front if the greek isn't fit. 

MasterHaynes

The only thing I would say is in the last two games Parker and Sidwell have both been off form and of the two Sidwell has probably been the better. I'd like to see the wilely old head of Giorgio back he moves the ball quickly, brings energy and impetus, can spray the ball around instead of constant short passes slowing the game down so opponents constantly pressurise the player with the ball and he is a leader. On Tuesday night Parker looked like he has gone into his shell, quiet all game.

VamosFFC

Kara is easily our best center mid. His vision is so much better than Sidwell and Parker, along with his passion and enthusiasm too. I don't get how Rene doesn't see that. May be his age, but that didn't stop Rene from starting him when he first became in charge.