watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development

Started by Buffalo76, February 05, 2014, 01:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Not going to be happening anytime soon. In all probability it'll be postponed indefinately as we'll have enough trouble filling the stadium in its current form from next season ( i fear ).

FPT

Well we sold out against Southampton, but the team needs investment. If we go down, it will be postponed by 4/5 years, if we stay up, maybe 2/3.

MJG

Or if we go down they push on the development starting in summer next year, and be built during the 2015-16 season which would be our first season back in the Prem.  ;-)

TheManOnTheBus

Yes - if we go down then we can close the riverside stand to build it quicker (since our crowds will be more than adquately accomodated in the remaining three).

ToodlesMcToot

For me, if the decision is solely down to the club - meaning that all plans and schedules are approved - the worst thing that can happen is to decide to delay the renovations. All that delaying the needed investment will prove is that the club are reactive rather than proactive.

From a marketing standpoint, nothing would be a better shot in the arm for a limping club than agressively moving forward with the development of the ground. Hopefully, Mr. Khan takes the same approach with our ground as he has with the NFL stadium.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HillingdonFFC

Was told by a mate who has dealings in the construction industry that its not going to happen.  We shall see, personally think it would show Khans ambition and long term plans for us, if it was to go ahead. Relegation shouldn't necessarily mean meltdown, should be thinking of bouncing straight back. Getting planning was a massively drawn out affair, placating residents groups, inquiries,etc etc. If we let this planning permission lapse it could take years to re-submit

alfie

I have now come to the conclusion that it was all a smoke screen to deflect away that MAF was going to sell, keep the fans on the up (well off the pitch that is).
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SouthfieldWhite

Well, that's funny as I've been told it will happen

west kowloon white

With due respect I very much doubt "mates in the construction industry" would know if Khan intends to proceed with the stadium revamp unless CE of the company a involved.

MikeW

Khan isn't stupid.  He knew what he was buying (Perhaps in fairness not the paucity of the squad or manager) but the fabric of the place.  A marketing head will realise the building of the stand will re-juvinate the place.  I don't even want to think about going down.  As of Sat the season starts here.  The manager/coach is talking the talk (and has been for some time): now he needs to walk the walk.  I guess he knows this. He needs US behind him/  We must give it a go!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ToodlesMcToot

Well, if we all believe what we've been believing - that MAF secured the permission for building the new Riverside for the sake of making the club more attractive to a buyer - then it stands to reason that continuing that plan was something that Khan saw as important and valuable. He's even said so publicly.

He's already invested twice in the club with the new management appointings (good or bad) and in his only transfer window. I see no reason why he would be dishonest about continuing on with the Riverside development. He's been proven an owner who's true to his word so far.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

Forget it, the  motivation to obtain planning permission was possibly to make things more attractive in the sales brochure. Next season there will regularly be empty seats available in the existing Riverside stand, why build a new one?

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: filham on February 05, 2014, 06:20:29 PM
Forget it, the  motivation to obtain planning permission was possibly to make things more attractive in the sales brochure. Next season there will regularly be empty seats available in the existing Riverside stand, why build a new one?

IF we go down, the club will be looking at bouncing straight back and khan will give the manager ( who ever that will be) whatever he needs to get back.

The club is forward thinking and will want that stand built for when we do bounce back ( yes I know there's no garuntees)

The club have a contingency plan if the worse happens and we do go down.

It does annoy me when fans have no knowledge of what's going on and they second guess all the time