watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Programmes

Started by GorgeousGus, February 06, 2014, 01:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GorgeousGus

Is there still a Fulham Programme Collectors Club? - I am anxious to get a programme from the 1967/68 season for someone who played his only game in that season and he hasn't got a copy

Can anyone help?
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff."

TonyGilroy

Let me guess.

Hugh Cunningham?

Dan in Notts

Not quite the same as having the real thing, but this excellent site has digitised versions (with turnable pages) of thousands of Fulham programmes, including those from the 1960s:

http://fulhamfootballprogrammes.co.uk/

Good luck with tracking one down.

GorgeousGus

It is indeed Hugh - and we have seen the website - these people are out there - I saw my first game in 1960 and was able to get the programme for that for a couple of quid a few years ago
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff."

LBNo11

http://www.fulhamfootballprogrammes.co.uk/eras/1961-1970/1967-1968/matches/Leicester/programme.html

....for an electronic copy go to this site of Phil Cowan's a fantastic site put together with real devotion...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

GorgeousGus

Thanks - I visit the electronic version site regularly - a great source of information and nostalgia -  its a paper copy I'm after

epsomraver

Quote from: GorgeousGus on February 06, 2014, 03:35:28 PM
Thanks - I visit the electronic version site regularly - a great source of information and nostalgia -  its a paper copy I'm after

Might help if you said which one you want?

cookieg

GorgeousGus

Haven't tried anything yet - wanted to know if the collectors club was still going - its the Fulham v Leicester game from 20th January 1968

GorgeousGus

Seen one on Ebay - thanks

LBNo11

Quote from: epsomraver on February 06, 2014, 04:59:29 PM
Quote from: GorgeousGus on February 06, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

Might help if you said which one you want?

...it should be the one in the link I gave for the game against Leicester City (0-0), that was his only appearance although he'd been a sub twice before...

GorgeousGus

We lost the Leicester game 0-1 and he was unused sub at Chelsea and Tranmere - a nice bloke still very much involved in football at the grass roots level

LBNo11

Quote from: GorgeousGus on February 06, 2014, 07:50:55 PM
We lost the Leicester game 0-1 and he was unused sub at Chelsea and Tranmere - a nice bloke still very much involved in football at the grass roots level

...yes it was 0-1, I didn't read what I typed :dft001: Hugh came on in the second half to replace the injured (cartilage) George Cohen (George never played for us after this game and was forced to retire. Mike Stringfellow's goal looked offside but stood. This came after the abysmal 0-5 home defeat against Leeds (where Jimmy Conway was put at right back???) and was the the final straw and the club sacked Vic Buckingham and bring back Bobby Robson, but as the manager.

A momentous game to have played in...

BedsFFC

Tonywa

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 06, 2014, 08:25:30 PM
Quote from: GorgeousGus on February 06, 2014, 07:50:55 PM

...yes it was 0-1, I didn't read what I typed :dft001: Hugh came on in the second half to replace the injured (cartilage) George Cohen (George never played for us after this game and was forced to retire. Mike Stringfellow's goal looked offside but stood. This came after the abysmal 0-5 home defeat against Leeds (where Jimmy Conway was put at right back???) and was the the final straw and the club sacked Vic Buckingham and bring back Bobby Robson, but as the manager.

A momentous game to have played in...

Very strongly rumoured at the time that the team had taken a hit on the Leeds drubbing purely to get rid of Vic Buckingham.  Seem to recall Jack Charlton of all people went on a long, long mazy dribble and scored(or nearly).  BTW my source was a class mate of mine Jeff Buckingham.  Vic's son ;-)

Tonywa

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 06, 2014, 01:42:40 PM

Let me guess.

Hugh Cunningham?

Still a few of us who remember I'm glad to say ;-)