watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Patrick Roberts signs. Some good news

Started by Zu-Meister, February 06, 2014, 04:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/06/roberts-pro-deal?utm_source=hoot&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=AW
The Club is pleased to announce that Patrick Roberts has signed a professional contract with the Club, tying him to Fulham until at least the summer of 2016.

Having dazzled as Fulham Under-18s won the league last season, the attacking midfielder has continued his form this time around, notably when he recently scored a hat-trick in the 3-2 FA Youth Cup victory over Tottenham Hotspur.

Capable of playing out wide or in the hole behind a central striker, Roberts' progress has been excellent and he was duly rewarded with a debut for the Under-21s earlier in the campaign, aged just 16.

His form has not gone unnoticed at international level, either, and he has made a number of appearances for England Under-17s this season.

Jack Fulham

2 Year deal. Will be on fringes of first team next season if we go down.

SKSW6

Is 2.5 the maximum he can sign for at this point? I remember reading it was 3 years maximum at his age, but contracts running out in January doesn't seem to be that common.

Really happy he's signed anyway. He must be quite high up in the pecking order now as a right-sided player at the club. Dejagah's probably first choice, Duff's surely off at the end of the season, then there's Larnell Cole (although he can play in a load of positions), but after them I can't really think of anyone.

epsomraver

Great news, wonderful skilfull player, if looked after he really will go places that lad

OdecaMynoT

Great news.Hope he makes a breakthrough into the 1st team sooner rather than later.

His skill level at speed is astonishing.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

cmg

That is good news.
Best deal we've done this winter.

Barrie

This is big news, as anyone who's seen anything of this lad will know.  Expecting great things from Patrick.

MasterHaynes

This news is a ray of sunshine breaking through the dark clouds circling over the Cottage, shame he couldn't sign for full 3 years but by his 2nd year could be pushing for a game which would put up his value and maybe encourage him to sign for longer like Shaw and Prowse have done for Southampton. If we can keep him and Williams together to  progress them through the we will really have a pair of real quality wide players.

Barrie

When the club say he's tied to the club until the summer of 2016 at the least, could that mean we might have an option beyond that, does anyone know?  

ToodlesMcToot

Happy for him....and for the club. Now let's get young Mr. Tankovic to put pen to paper.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

PokerMatt

Quote from: Barrie on February 06, 2014, 05:50:21 PM
When the club say he's tied to the club until the summer of 2016 at the least, could that mean we might have an option beyond that, does anyone know? 

I assume this just means that it would be longer than 2016 should another contract be signed at some point in the future.

Not an option, just that he's here until then as a minimum pending any further talks nearer the time.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

BishopsParkFantastic

Disappointed with a two year deal - a short time period during which he will get the benefit of a decent wage i suspect, the cost of Fulham's training facilities, coaching and support staff ......and then goes to the highest bidder for his services in two years time. Yes, I know that could still be Fulham, but it would appear to me that he is keeping his options open. Personally, I would have preferred to see the club offer him a very attractive, longer term deal to enable him to progress and make an impact in the first team OR to suggest he may wish to look elsewhere if he wasn't prepared to show that longer term commitment to the club and our investment in his development...

God The Mechanic

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 06, 2014, 07:45:57 PM

Disappointed with a two year deal - a short time period during which he will get the benefit of a decent wage i suspect, the cost of Fulham's training facilities, coaching and support staff ......and then goes to the highest bidder for his services in two years time. Yes, I know that could still be Fulham, but it would appear to me that he is keeping his options open. Personally, I would have preferred to see the club offer him a very attractive, longer term deal to enable him to progress and make an impact in the first team OR to suggest he may wish to look elsewhere if he wasn't prepared to show that longer term commitment to the club and our investment in his development...

Players under a certain age are only allowed to sign short term contracts - there's nothing more the club could have done...

cmg

Quote from: God The Mechanic on February 06, 2014, 07:51:27 PM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 06, 2014, 07:45:57 PM

Players under a certain age are only allowed to sign short term contracts - there's nothing more the club could have done...

Three years is the max. for a 17 year old. What we've got is effectively 2.5. Doesn't really make much odds. By that time we will know the answer.
I'm pleased and relieved that we will get the chance to see what the answer is in a Fulham shirt.
For anybody who isn't sure what the fuss is about there are a few videos on Youtube from both Fulham and England games which will be informative.

Burt

Good news... He has some of the quickest feet going, both in terms of ball control and speed. A real prospect.