watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our goal difference isn't worth protecting any more

Started by Admin, February 06, 2014, 06:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

The more we try, the more we seem to let in, so what's the point in trying to protect, or improve it? By trying to do this, will certainly mean that FFC will be relegated. In my eye's, we've now got nothing else to lose, we're out the cup, 4 points adrift from safety, and rock bottom of the Premiership. Come the end of the season, I'd rather we shipped 101 goals, but end up winning one or two more game than the team below us in 3rd place, if it works out that way. With games like United, Liverpool, Citeh, Chelsea and the likes all coming up, we've just got to go for it, score first, and play for the win. If we lose, we lose, but hey ho that's football but we might also get a shock result. That coupled with enough wins against teams around could swing it, but not when we're playing crab-like Wilkins the drunk tactics.     

alfie

Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 06:35:27 PM
The more we try, the more we seem to let in, so what's the point in trying to protect, or improve it? By trying to do this, will certainly mean that FFC will be relegated. In my eye's, we've now got nothing else to lose, we're out the cup, 4 points adrift from safety, and rock bottom of the Premiership. Come the end of the season, I'd rather we shipped 101 goals, but end up winning one or two more game than the team below us in 3rd place, if it works out that way. With games like United, Liverpool, Citeh, Chelsea and the likes all coming up, we've just got to go for it, score first, and play for the win. If we lose, we lose, but hey ho that's football but we might also get a shock result. That coupled with enough wins against teams around could swing it, but not when we're playing crab-like Wilkins the drunk tactics.     

I totally agree with you, although I think you are a bit out of order on this site to keep referring to Wilkins as a drunk, don't think there is any need to get personal, that is not clever.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FPT

You score 3, we'll score 4, you score 5, we'll score 6.

Julius Geezer

Wow have you been on the positivity juice?

Admin

Quote from: alfie on February 06, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

I totally agree with you, although I think you are a bit out of order on this site to keep referring to Wilkins as a drunk, don't think there is any need to get personal, that is not clever.

Do you really agree with me, or was it just a nice way to start a reply, then to finish it off with having a pop at me about Wilkins?  

copthornemike

But if we achieve a clean sheet we get at least a point. If you then add just one goal you get three.

You can score three or more and still end up losing!

Admin

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 06, 2014, 06:40:28 PM

Wow have you been on the positivity juice?

Not really, I just see it more as a type of "We've got nothing to lose" situation. I'm still not positive about the whole thing, I'm not even positive that our current squad or management can pull it off.  

Admin

Quote from: copthornemike on February 06, 2014, 06:43:28 PM
But if we achieve a clean sheet we get at least a point. If you then add just one goal you get three.

What is this language you speak, 'clean sheet'?

grandad

Agree. Admin, you should report yourself to yourself.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Admin

Quote from: grandad on February 06, 2014, 06:46:38 PM

I've sent me and PM about my actions, I'm jut waiting for me to reply.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Make sure you're not ironing when the phone rings with your reply

Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 06:48:08 PM

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Admin

I'm not quite sure how an PM from this website would end up on my mobile phone, let alone me be stupid enough to iron. All I can say, is that it must bust be a Virginia thing  067.gif

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 06, 2014, 06:52:06 PM

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 06:45:59 PM
Quote from: copthornemike on February 06, 2014, 06:43:28 PM

What is this language you speak, 'clean sheet'?
Admin  064.gif

I actually found some positivity for once on this board. I've read FPT's formation thread and he's a guy whose opinion I respect and makes me think, but this 'tactic' of just go balls out scoring made me smile (and the first time for weeks when it comes to Fulham). Look at City, they might not win the league, but they'll be close and have an awesome scoring record, and they just aim to score more than they concede. But then the same could be said about Blackpool under Holloway, except they ended up being too vulnerable - and its that that worries me - we seem very frail defensively at the moment. I'd much rather watch basketball like scorelines, where the damage wasn't always on us...that said, it relies on Mitroglou very heavily, Holtby less so, perhaps Dembele and errr...not sure who else. But I love the idea of a free scoring Fulham. COYW
@hincharoo

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Probably more of a southern thing (although Richmond where i live was the capiol of the Confederency)
I only know that because I burnt my ear on the iron when the phone rang.
Stupid but I burnt the other ear phoning myself to see if was OK, I couldn't hear so I still don't know
what I replied.

Old but OK

It's could be more li
Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 07:00:22 PM
I'm not quite sure how an PM from this website would end up on my mobile phone, let alone me be stupid enough to iron. All I can say, is that it must bust be a Virginia thing  067.gif

ke a redneck
Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 07:00:22 PM
I'm not quite sure how an PM from this website would end up on my mobile phone, let alone me be stupid enough to iron. All I can say, is that it must bust be a Virginia thing  067.gif

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alfie

Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 06:42:13 PM

Do you really agree with me, or was it just a nice way to start a reply, then to finish it off with having a pop at me about Wilkins?  

Tell you what pal just forget it, you tend to get a bit aggressive if someone contradicts or challenges you.
As you so often say this is your site so just carry on, I really don't care.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Admin

Quote from: alfie on February 06, 2014, 10:06:39 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 06:42:13 PM

Tell you what pal just forget it, you tend to get a bit aggressive if someone contradicts or challenges you.
As you so often say this is your site so just carry on, I really don't care.

I haven't got aggressive with you once. I just asked if you really agreed with me, or if it just a nice way to start a reply, only to finish it off by having a pop at me about Wilkins, which is exactly what you did. You took offense to me calling Wilkins a drunk, did you not?

And please don't try turning it around on me with that old cobblers about me owning this website, just so I can do what the hell I like. In most cases, others like to contradict or challenge me solely because of my position, not my opinions!

Logicalman

Well then Admin, what did you reply to yourself? You cannot start a comment about PM'ing yourself and then just let it drop like that, it's not the done thing, is it? Tell us, or I will PM you with a complaint about yourself not replying to you (or should that be you not replying to yourself?)

Anyways, being a drunk in charge of a football team seems to be no obstacle, I believe we all knew about Sir Red Nose, didn't we? (it is alleged)

Bassey the warrior

Granted good goal difference is beyond us now, we do still of course need to defend better simply to avoid getting hammered. One area where it's obvious we need to improve is down the wings, Riether was outstanding last season but he's become a bit too wild and neglecting of his defensive duties, he also lacks support.
The wingers need to work much much harder to track back as well, Dejagah was doing it better last season but many players have become a bit lazy of late.

Lighthouse

I have replied to myself on here many times disagreeing with everything I said. However I have always said that pace scares teams. When Rene took over we all said after a few games, that despite not great results we looked better for having a go.

So I agree let's go down swinging. Clearly defending is no answer. We should have stuck two up against Sheffield but wanted to play with only a few players actually playing. So against United let's have a go. They don't like pace at the back so let's at least try with what pace we have in the team. Rodders and MetalGuru if fit.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope