watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are You Guys Watching MOTD?

Started by Blanco, February 08, 2014, 10:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

We are in big big trouble if Liverpool play like this on Wednesday...

andyk

Quote from: Blanco on February 08, 2014, 10:45:13 PM
We are in big big trouble if Liverpool play like this on Wednesday...

I think we are in big trouble, full stop!

hovewhite

42 pionts take away the next 3 games still leaves 33 to play for.

Lighthouse

Why would I want to watch such a scary, gory thing so close to bed time? No thankyou I am more likely ti watch the Texas Chainsaw Massacre than MOTD. Far too scary thinking of Fulham even playing against teams like Yeovil let alone Prem sides.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Julius Geezer

Chelsea game's coming up too, that's going to be massive.

Look at the Norwich v City game though - it's unpredictable.

Blanco

I think Chelsea are more solid defensively than City. Along with their very good attacking players. I'd put money on Chelsea winning the title now. I had always said City but I just think Mourinho has got them so in check and organized making them a very hard team to beat. I can't see a win when they come to the Cottage to be honest. But who knows...

ScalleysDad

I have to say the visit of Liverpool is looking grim on all levels. There will be Pool fans all over the ground, there will problems and our back four are going to be stretched to contain seven attack minded players and a No.9 who is just clicking. By ten o clock on Wednesday we could be in a right mess ......... but West Brom looked a bit shabby.

Blanco

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 09, 2014, 12:19:09 AM
I have to say the visit of Liverpool is looking grim on all levels. There will be Pool fans all over the ground, there will problems and our back four are going to be stretched to contain seven attack minded players and a No.9 who is just clicking. By ten o clock on Wednesday we could be in a right mess ......... but West Brom looked a bit shabby.

Did you go last season?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Blanco on February 09, 2014, 12:51:18 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 09, 2014, 12:19:09 AM

Did you go last season?

Indeed I did and we were woeful so much so I thought that would be my last trip to The Cottage for a while but I got a renewed ST anyway ........ and brought one for offspring No.2. I did not go to West Brom away last season as it was New year or Christmas but we have been a couple of times and its not too bad. To be fair the Liverpool fans around us that day, last home game of last season, were okay but usually when they start that song they all stand and that caused problems in P1 and P2 the season before last. The visit coming up already seems to have an edge about and if the behaviour of some away fans recently is anything to go by the stewards are going to busty ....... or not.

andyk

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 08, 2014, 11:54:31 PM
Why would I want to watch such a scary, gory thing so close to bed time? No thankyou I am more likely ti watch the Texas Chainsaw Massacre than MOTD. Far too scary thinking of Fulham even playing against teams like Yeovil let alone Prem sides.

i have been preparing myself, watching the championship, quite looking forward to it. Away to Donny, we got on great with them years ago, away to Brentford, always a laugh. Come on lads, the world isn't going to end.

grandad

Watching the better sides the one thing that stands out is the pace their top players have. With Liverpool Suarez, Stirling & Sturridge were like Usain Bolt. They all just drove forward with such pace the Arsenal defence just wilted. I really fear that this could be our biggest defeat if they do the same to us. Conversely we take so long to get upfield it gives defences so much time to get organized. Look at the Sheffield game. As soon as we got the ball they were able to get 11 behind the ball.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SuffolkWhite

Just watched MOTD this morning and my concern is that most of the teams around us look like they are improving! I think it's out of Cardiff, Norwich, us and one other for the drop.

If we are not within 6 pts of 17th place after the next 4 games then for me it's the fat lady doing her thing  :Get Coat gif:.

Still you never know, football's a funny old game!! Unless your being relegated!!!!!!  fp.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ron

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 09, 2014, 09:19:59 AM
Just watched MOTD this morning and my concern is that most of the teams around us look like they are improving! I think it's out of Cardiff, Norwich, us and one other for the drop.

If we are not within 6 pts of 17th place after the next 4 games then for me it's the fat lady doing her thing  :Get Coat gif:.

Still you never know, football's a funny old game!! Unless your being relegated!!!!!!  fp.gif

Watching all other teams is a worry lately. When you see even Palace, Norwich etc. etc. playing in an incisive and direct way, probing defences with a full width game, and then compare our efforts which seem to consist of a mass push up the middle, where the attack peters out in a mess of over elaborate short passing in front of massed defences.......

Hope springs eternal, but up to now we are desperately short of technique. Hoping that Kostas can kick start some progress, but he won't do it alone.

sumofallparts

I see, the bottom 3 on current playing as us, Cardiff and West Brom.
Norwich will be there abouts in view of their terrible run in, i am not convinced about the staying power of some other teams either - late season slide for Villa maybe?
Either way, our fate is in our hands as i believe teams around us will falter.
I have written off the games against ManU, Chelsea and Liverpool - but with football, you just never know.
Pistolero grabbing an early goal and then a surge of confidence could change everything......

Jack Fulham

I've been dreading the Liverpool game for a long time now. Suarez and Sturridge have both torn us apart at the Cottage before. Suarez against Hangeland is never pretty.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 09, 2014, 11:11:58 AM
I've been dreading the Liverpool game for a long time now. Suarez and Sturridge have both torn us apart at the Cottage before. Suarez against Hangeland is never pretty.
We should put Heitinger and Burn in

jarv

I am interested to see how Heitinger will be used. In place of Burn or Hangeland? In front of both of them? That may help protect central defence and cover for full backs to allow Reither to go forward more often.

jarv

The race for the top 4 is fierce now. Both United and Liverpool smell blood against Fulham and will be going in for the kill. We all like to think we know better (well, I do)...but I have absolutely no idea what out management team will tell the lads today. I think my team talk would be along the lines of "they have better players than us, I tried to poison their pre match meal without success, so good luck boys"

BestOfBrede

Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 09, 2014, 12:48:29 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 09, 2014, 11:11:58 AM
We should put Heitinger and Burn in
Thanks for listening Rene!