watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opposing fans quite key

Started by BedsFFC, February 09, 2014, 11:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

For a long while now, I have found the atmosphere at the cottage, on the whole very negative. We've been spoilt for a while at home, with the cottage games keeping us out of trouble. Since we started the slide at home, so the negative comments and booing starts. When confidence is low, and it's at the lowest I can remember for a very long while, as soon as the first pass goes astray there's a collective sigh and players start hiding.

At Swansea the other week, we started singing....that's why we're going down....

Sounds odd but I remember it in hodgsons first season, we had the gallows humour, the shouters, the booers but as soon as the other fans started singing ...going down etc.. The fans mood changed.

It was as if we were saying, we can have a go at our team, but you can't. At the point, our support gets stronger and I'm sure it will help.

Fans of team like Cardiff, Norwich, w brom, Sunderland and palace start the season hoping they don't go down and their support is different. No question, is stronger.

Teams like us, villa and perhaps west ham think we shouldn't be in a dog fight, so, we get frustrated when we are. Rather than support, we want to complain first.

Palace get great support at home. God forbid, they have 8 mediocre seasons I the top flight, the support won't be the same.

Anyway, what I hope today in the first few minutes, the fans from surrey (Man U ones) start singing going down to us.

Maybe put a bit of fire in our belly and that can transmit to team.

WhiteJC

at the Reading game their fans started signing "going down, going down, going down", and we replied...

"so are we, so are we, so are we"

at that game Reading weren't in relegation trouble, we were, it wasn't called the "Great Escape" for nothing!

bobby01

Teams like us, villa and perhaps west ham think we shouldn't be in a dog fight, so, we get frustrated when we are. Rather than support, we want to complain

I don,t think it's a case of we think we are above a dogfight, more a case of players looking like they couldn't care less, I personally have only booed them once at the ha has last season where I think the rot may have started, and they was because they rolled over with no fight or respect for the fans. It has been close to getting another boo on many occasions this year.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.