watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

defence was magnificent

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 09, 2014, 06:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

We had to deal with 80 crosses and we limited them to 2 lucky goals.  heitinga and burn were titans. Steck made great saves. We must carry this forward to liverpool.

Bassey the warrior

Absolutely. Burn never fails to surprise me, he plays like he's been a Premier League defender for years. What a coup he is for us.

kevin

In the end the changes were justified
Sidwell makes sense as captain as he is a fighter and leads by example
Tunnicliff lookd good and Holtby could be the star signing
Get the Greek up top and we have the makings of what looks like a decent chance

SuffolkWhite

Saw Burn against Norwich in the cup and he looks good, excellent performance. Stek MOM though.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

EJL

Mammoth performance by Stekelenburg. Burn saved the club splashing out a lot of money on a new centre-half.

Humbled

Quote from: EJL on February 09, 2014, 06:08:16 PM
Mammoth performance by Stekelenburg. Burn saved the club splashing out a lot of money on a new centre-half.

thought Stek was a bit dodgy with his slapping at the ball, more often than not turning it into danger rather than away from it.
Burn has been class since he come into the side

PokerMatt

Special mention to sidwell as well.

I've been one calling for Parker over him but my word he was magnificent today.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

fulhamben

I can see burn being made club captain next year. What a player
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

VamosFFC

The whole defense was class today. Stek made some absolute fine saves today. Burn, what is their not to like about him. As said, he plays like a seasoned player.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Humbled on February 09, 2014, 06:09:28 PM

thought Stek was a bit dodgy with his slapping at the ball, more often than not turning it into danger rather than away from it.

Very harsh on stek for me. He made a couple of brilliant saves and on a windy day he got most things away from danger.

Look at de gea for our second.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Blanco

Amazing performance. I think every Fulham fan is feeling more hopeful about survival now. Burn was immense. As was Sidders. Holtby is class. To be honest a can't fault a single player.

Humbled

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 09, 2014, 06:14:35 PM
Quote from: Humbled on February 09, 2014, 06:09:28 PM

Very harsh on stek for me. He made a couple of brilliant saves and on a windy day he got most things away from danger.

Look at de gea for our second.

I don't think it was harsh at all, he punches an awful lot but as do too many keepers now. I just think he punches into danger a little too much. I still see his quality though

Cravenawin

My only criticism of Stek today was his reluctance to clean out the hanging crosses to the back post. Two or three times Young got headers back across goal from virtually on the goal line. Apart from that the whole team fought like warriors. Forget all the possession, crosses etc, we thoroughly deserved that point.COYW

Slaphead in Qatar

Nice to see the lads show alot of spirit.