watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well played, Richardson

Started by Herbie, February 09, 2014, 06:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbie

He has had a lot of stick before but I think Richardson deserves a lot of praise for today's performance.

He played his part in keeping United out for nigh on 80 mins, but also provided options on the counter attack with his energy and pace.

Obviously there are a lot of others that also deserve praise for today's performance, but I want to give a special tip of the cap to Richardson.    :clap_hands:  The equalising goal came from another lung busting run from Richardson in the 94th minute.

Bassey the warrior

Absolutely, I thought he played brilliant and I really hope he keeps his place.

Pluto

He was excellent today, both defensively and on the counter. Got the chance to utilise his pace and did so to good effect. Deserves plenty of credit for the goal at the end too.

leonffc

Don't shoot me but I wanted him off. His woeful finish to make it 0-2 plus some of his panicked clearances were winding me up

Mhbruce

Except his shot at around 35 mins...

RaySmith

Quote from: Herbie on February 09, 2014, 06:34:27 PM
He has had a lot of stick before but I think Richardson deserves a lot of praise for today's performance.

He played his part in keeping United out for nigh on 80 mins, but also provided options on the counter attack with his energy and pace.

Obviously there are a lot of others that also deserve praise for today's performance, but I want to give a special tip of the cap to Richardson.    :clap_hands:  The equalising goal came from another lung busting run from Richardson in the 94th minute.

:plus one:

jeremyfulham

Get off his back now , in fact get behind them all !

simplyfulham

Quote from: leonffc on February 09, 2014, 06:39:06 PM
Don't shoot me but I wanted him off. His woeful finish to make it 0-2 plus some of his panicked clearances were winding me up

Small inefficiencies in a largely excellent performance.

I know what you mean though.. Could have done a lot better with that first half chance. More than made up for it with his running for teh stoppage time equaliser... Great effort to maintain his running for 90+ mins

God The Mechanic

The miss was a real sour point, but it was a pretty decent performance.  Better than I expected, and probably better than any of the alternatives could/would've put in.

callumc513

I'd argue that he's poor at LB, but perhaps our best option at left midfield/wing against bigger teams?
(taking into account his goal v City)

Barrett487

Quote from: callumc513 on February 09, 2014, 07:18:23 PM
I'd argue that he's poor at LB, but perhaps our best option at left midfield/wing against bigger teams?
(taking into account his goal v City)

Fulham76

Richardson, Holtby & Sidwell all put in top performances today.

Burt

Best performance Richardson has had with us, I would suggest.

He obviously isn't keen on inheriting the scapegoat tag from Ruiz or Senderos.

Buffalo76

Quote from: The Moose on February 09, 2014, 06:35:05 PM
Absolutely, I thought he played brilliant and I really hope he keeps his place.

Robbie

We need fighters, these are the guys.  I truly hope we don't see Dempsey again or frankly Hangeland

YankeeJim

Quote from: simplyfulham on February 09, 2014, 06:46:15 PM
Quote from: leonffc on February 09, 2014, 06:39:06 PM

Small inefficiencies in a largely excellent performance.

I know what you mean though.. Could have done a lot better with that first half chance. More than made up for it with his running for teh stoppage time equaliser... Great effort to maintain his running for 90+ mins

No one is perfect. He is a decidedly better outside mid than he is a left back.
So......BANG!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Danitar

I hope we haven't ran ourselves into the ground. As much as I lived the heart and soul they put in I just hope we put in another great performance against the pooh

One Martin Thomas

Richardson owed us that performance and long may it continue.  Another performance like that on Wednesday would be most welcome Kieran.

Dropping Hangeland, Parker, Dempsey worked in our favour and I hope these three take note of today's performance.

One question: who was captain today ?  Went to the match, but can't think who it is was !?!?!   :dft001:

PokerMatt

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 09, 2014, 07:56:03 PM
Richardson owed us that performance and long may it continue.  Another performance like that on Wednesday would be most welcome Kieran.

Dropping Hangeland, Parker, Dempsey worked in our favour and I hope these three take note of today's performance.

One question: who was captain today ?  Went to the match, but can't think who it is was !?!?!   :dft001:

Sidwell. And be bloody showed it too. What a performance.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 09, 2014, 08:03:18 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 09, 2014, 07:56:03 PM
Richardson owed us that performance and long may it continue.  Another performance like that on Wednesday would be most welcome Kieran.

One question: who was captain today ?  Went to the match, but can't think who it is was !?!?!   :dft001:

Sidwell. And be bloody showed it too. What a performance.

Thanks.  He was great today.  Worked his socks off, scored a cheeky little number and deserves the armband.