watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now perhaps people will get off their backs

Started by jeremyfulham, February 09, 2014, 08:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

Bent Richardson & Sidwell have all taken a lot of stick here, now perhaps those people will give them SUPPORT for the rest of the season.
Loved how Bent gave his team mates ALL the credit for their 1st half performance .049:gif COYW

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: jeremyfulham on February 09, 2014, 08:25:18 PM
Bent Richardson & Sidwell have all taken a lot of stick here, now perhaps those people will give them SUPPORT for the rest of the season.
Loved how Bent gave his team mates ALL the credit for their 1st half performance .049:gif COYW

To a point, I agree.  However, a few players owed us a good shift and they certainly gave it today.  Long may it continue.

Bassey the warrior

Not sure about Bent but the important thing is he scored, Sidwell and Richardson however were outstanding.

Macedo

Quote from: The Moose on February 09, 2014, 08:29:02 PM
Not sure about Bent but the important thing is he scored, Sidwell and Richardson however were outstanding.

Calm down its only one game..
We need lots of them now..

ToodlesMcToot

Richardson should only be an emergency LB which I think he pretty much has been since Rene took over (Riise injured). The two R's down the left is our best combination by far. That tandem is defensively sound - by Fulham standards - and provides some attacking punch.

A solid game from Sidwell and another goal to add to his team leading tally.

I humbly suggest that, while the rest of the team is working on their defensive shape in training, Bent should work on the timing of his jumps for 50/50's. Jeez he was awful going up for headers, providing next to nothing as an outlet.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

btings

Quote from: The Moose on February 09, 2014, 08:29:02 PM

Barrie

Bent, up to the point before heading in the equaliser, offered absolutely nothing.  But that's Bent, I suppose.  Sidwell gave a captains performance.

RaySmith

Quote from: Barrie on February 09, 2014, 10:54:49 PM
Bent, up to the point before heading in the equaliser, offered absolutely nothing.  But that's Bent, I suppose.  Sidwell gave a captains performance.

Not true - Bent was working hard in defence, and trying to get on the end of breaks and closing defenders down.

And he has never complained, although he has spent most of his time here on the bench -but has still scored some crucial goals.

But you're right about Sidwell -magnificent!

Barrie

Quote from: RaySmith on February 09, 2014, 11:02:00 PM
Quote from: Barrie on February 09, 2014, 10:54:49 PM
Bent, up to the point before heading in the equaliser, offered absolutely nothing.  But that's Bent, I suppose.  Sidwell gave a captains performance.

Not true - he was working hard in defence, and trying to get on the end of breaks and closing defenders down.

And he has never complained, although he has spent most of his time here on the bench -but has still scored some crucial goals.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that, he might have been in our defensive part of the field often, but he did little to interfere with the oppositions play and often drifted into parts of the field where he could have little chance of doing so.  But it's all opinions.

Luffy86

Any player should be supported when wearing the beloved black and white!!

Classic94

Sidwell produced the best performance by a Fulham player in some time. It was nothing short of heroic. Richardson was also superb - as was most the team. A special mention to Kvist and our back-four. Bent not so much, but credit to him for the goal.

Julius Geezer

Richardson was impressive. I said some things about him in the first half of the season that don't ring true now.

I've always thought Sidwell was an important member of the squad and has proved alot of people wrong. He captained the team well.

Bent got a crucial goal and that is the most important thing from him. Other than that though he did very little. Even making Vidic look comfortable at the end.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Luffy86 on February 09, 2014, 11:08:22 PM
Any player should be supported when wearing the beloved black and white!!
:clap_hands:

terryr

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 09, 2014, 10:20:15 PM
Richardson should only be an emergency LB which I think he pretty much has been since Rene took over (Riise injured). The two R's down the left is our best combination by far. That tandem is defensively sound - by Fulham standards - and provides some attacking punch.

I humbly suggest that, while the rest of the team is working on their defensive shape in training, Bent should work on the timing of his jumps for 50/50's. Jeez he was awful going up for headers, providing next to nothing as an outlet.
Except that last one.......

EJL

Quote from: TerryR on February 10, 2014, 01:16:16 PM

How was Bent's goal from a 50/50?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: EJL on February 10, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

It wasn't. And, I wasn't talking about his goal. Everything about that play was first rate. I would've thought you'd be able to tell that I was talking about the 50/50 headers for the rest of his 45 minutes of football. He would have been far more effective playing his lone striker role had he not been jumping sometimes a full second or so prior to the ball arriving on long balls from the defense which meant he was often landing as his defender was actually doing something with the ball.

EJL

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 10, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

It wasn't. And, I wasn't talking about his goal. Everything about that play was first rate. I would've thought you'd be able to tell that I was talking about the 50/50 headers for the rest of his 45 minutes of football. He would have been far more effective playing his lone striker role had he not been jumping sometimes a full second or so prior to the ball arriving on long balls from the defense which meant he was often landing as his defender was actually doing something with the ball.
I was agreeing with you.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: EJL on February 10, 2014, 02:31:48 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 10, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

I was agreeing with you.

Apologies.  I missed that post in between.