watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vidic

Started by SP, February 09, 2014, 08:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I thought Vidic's follow through on Holty was scandalous even if he won the ball. What's the view from the Refs on here, is it OK to knee someone in the ribs x 3?  They stopped the keepers doing similar years ago.

Artful Dodger

I said exactly the same thing to the Man U fan I was sat next to in the pub! He knew what he was doing as well the dirty git!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

valdeingruo

I was half hoping the ref would call something. If it were the other way around it would have probably been a yellow.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Bassey the warrior

I agree, led with his elbow.

supersimmo123

He went in with his arm on the last one and followed through with an elbow. Intent was there. Should be looked at by the FA but won't be!

One Martin Thomas

Defo a nasty one.  However, the ref did ok today.  Was not too suckered in by the odd dive from Utd. 

A card happy ref. can be soooooo much trouble when you play at OldTrafford.

Ref. deserves credit !

HatterDon

Vidic got taken to the cleaners all three times we ventured into the United half during the first 45. He was looking for payback and got it once or twice.

I'll be glad when he leaves United and the Prem next season. He was once one of the greatest in the world, but he's degenerating  rapidly now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rhys Lightning 63

Nah. Just a good old fashioned centre half, being a good old fashioned centre half. I have no issue with it
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

btings

His horrific positioning was instrumental in both of our goals.  What goes around comes around.  Put another way: ball don't lie.

Travers Barney

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on February 09, 2014, 09:09:42 PM
Nah. Just a good old fashioned centre half, being a good old fashioned centre half. I have no issue with it

I have....good old fashioned centre-half??

Spiteful challenge with intent to smash the player and hope to cause damage...right in front of the ref.

coyw
We are the whites

Rudolph

Quote from: HatterDon on February 09, 2014, 09:03:55 PM
Vidic got taken to the cleaners all three times we ventured into the United half during the first 45. He was looking for payback and got it once or twice.

I'll be glad when he leaves United and the Prem next season. He was once one of the greatest in the world, but he's degenerating  rapidly now.

So you will be happy when someone who is turning into a liability for Man United actually leaves?

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 09, 2014, 09:02:42 PM
Defo a nasty one.  However, the ref did ok today.  Was not too suckered in by the odd dive from Utd. 

A card happy ref. can be soooooo much trouble when you play at OldTrafford.

Ref. deserves credit !

Rooney's fall when he lost the ball was the funniest of the lot.

NogoodBoyo

I've noticed since we've been blooding our youngsters that some of the ugly old pros have gone out of their way to hack, kick, trip and punch them.  Sheffield Utd were particular guilty of that in the first game.
Nothing changes in the "beautiful" game.
Nogood "cynical, isit" Boyo

hesedmedia

I didn't have a problem with the first couple of those challenges, as long as the ref let it go both ways, but the one hat resulted in holtby staying down for a while looked a lot like the palm strikes we train in Krav Maga, followed by a knee. Bit over the top to my eye.

HatterDon

Quote from: Rudolph on February 09, 2014, 10:02:37 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on February 09, 2014, 09:03:55 PM

I'll be glad when he leaves United and the Prem next season. He was once one of the greatest in the world, but he's degenerating  rapidly now.

So you will be happy when someone who is turning into a liability for Man United actually leaves?

There's no way he'll be with United in September. I'm just glad to get his ugly mug out of England.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

callumc513

He was the worst player on the pitch by far.

KP_FFC

at first i didnt mind, but when we did one similar but not as bad as vidic they got a freekick.

Jack Fulham

what a ball by Holtby!

I think Vidic will be at Monaco or PSG next season. Maybe Italy.