https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most notable thing today?

Started by General, February 09, 2014, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

The average age of the squad...

What was it, does anyone know?

When was the last time we fielded a premiership team even close to that age?

Burn - 22/23? Tankovic (who I thought held up play very well today), Tunnicliffe even Kvist and Richardson.

General

Not to forget the impressive Holtby.

Burt

Someone on here earlier calculated it as just under 27...

RaySmith

For me the most notable thing was the spirit we showed to come back to score after going 2-1 down in the closing minutes of the game.

copthornemike

Credit to Meulensteen for his bravery in playing so many young players - one notable difference between him and Martin Jol's era.

The younger legs and lungs around the team must have helped to enable a 95 minute performance. 

Max Headroom

I have to say I thought Meulensteen was absolutely insane with his selection, but I stand behind him 100%. We were in a mess and he had to try things.

I am all for playing the youngsters. They will have gained a lot from yesterday's game

Pev

Stekelenburg (31)
Riether (30)
Riise (33)
Kvist (28)
Heitinga (30)
Burn (21)
Tunnicliffe (21)
Sidwell (31)
Tankovic (18)
Holtby (23)
Richardson (29)

Average = 26.8

For Fulham thats remarkable!
@Fulham_Boy

Deanothefulhamfan

I was happy with the team.... I have messages to proove I was, when my mates were laughing at me.

Parker needed to be dropped as he has been pretty poor lately, he gave Heitinga a go, but kept the better of the two centre backs on form in the team, even though it would have been so easy to drop him.

He has known Tuncliffe since he was 9, so he knew he could rely on him to give 100%.

In response to the OP I noticed fight for the first time in a long time..... That was the main thing for me, the youthful aspect was perhaps the reason why.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He can't have known Tunnicliffe since he was 9, Tunnicliffe wouldn't have been born then  :0)

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on February 10, 2014, 03:06:54 PM
I was happy with the team.... I have messages to proove I was, when my mates were laughing at me.

Parker needed to be dropped as he has been pretty poor lately, he gave Heitinga a go, but kept the better of the two centre backs on form in the team, even though it would have been so easy to drop him.

He has known Tuncliffe since he was 9, so he knew he could rely on him to give 100%.

In response to the OP I noticed fight for the first time in a long time..... That was the main thing for me, the youthful aspect was perhaps the reason why.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RidgeRider

I always felt everyone who was on the team the day before deadline day, should have been on the bench.

The fighting spirit had been lost and like a virus the team had been infected. Starting the new recruits, along with some youth and Sidwell, made sense to me because they had not been infected yet with the Jol virus.

I didn't feel it was so brave (though I can see how supporters viewed it this way), it was the only sane option.