News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please play same team again, with maybe one change...

Started by Luffy86, February 09, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luffy86

Hard to drop the tank but I fell the pistelero should start against Liverpool. Thoughts?

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

nose

Quote from: Luffy86 on February 09, 2014, 11:06:38 PM
Hard to drop the tank but I fell the pistelero should start against Liverpool. Thoughts?

sorry, who do you want, it's late and i can't work that out.

nose

Quote from: nose on February 09, 2014, 11:32:05 PM

ok the penny just dropped, got it!

twang

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on February 09, 2014, 11:25:16 PM
Yeah and Kasami should start for Tunnicliffe.

Not against Liverpool. We'll need to play just as tight as against United and both Tunnicliffe and Richardson did a great job as wing backs when defending, constantly covering for Riether/Riise.

Against WBA, however, it might be worth considering Dejagah or Kasami as Tunny showed very little attacking quality. Not that he had many opportunities to do that though.

Luffy86

Quote from: nose on February 09, 2014, 11:32:46 PM
Quote from: nose on February 09, 2014, 11:32:05 PM

ok the penny just dropped, got it!

Haha, quality!! I was tripping myself out reading that ad I've had a few stellas....

FPT

I agree, though I'd consider Dejagah in for Tunnicliffe, though I can't fault Tunny's performance, he had a job to do and done it well.

Stekelenburg
Riether Heitinga Hangeland Riise
Dejagah Sidwell Kvist Richardson
Holtby
Mitroglou

Though I'm not sure the legs could take it... Richardson looked absolutely knackered.

kevin

How could you drop Dan Burn for Hangeland ????
sorry but its Heitinga and Burn for me centre defence

nose

can't change the back four or kvist, and holtby and even though sidders doesn't always distribute the ball well enough he shjould start to because the balance of those three looks good... so no parker or hangerland, but the rest up for grabs... possibly agianst liverpool start with the same 11, unless the greek boy is fit.

Classic94

Denver Fulham

There's no way we're playing the same side three days after they ran themselves into the ground for 95 minutes, against a Liverpool team that will press tired legs into oblivion and won't resort to 80 crosses to beat us.

nose

Quote from: Denver Fulham on February 10, 2014, 12:12:06 AM
There's no way we're playing the same side three days after they ran themselves into the ground for 95 minutes, against a Liverpool team that will press tired legs into oblivion and won't resort to 80 crosses to beat us.

IMO actually you can play the same team, i honestly don't think we need to make changes for that reason
at this level, except for knocks and strains, there is adequate recovery time.
changing the team would be a disaster for moral
only minor changes if any is the correct thing to do.

the only thing is liverpool will actually prefer to play a counter attacking game so it will be that that will actually determine how rene wants to play.

JackyFulham90

Stekelenburg
Riether Heitinga Burn Riise
Tunnicliffe Kvist Sidwell Richardson
                       Holtby
                        Mitraglou

Subs - Stockdale,  Hangeland,  Parker, Dejagah,  Cole, Kasami, Bent

Count Berbatov

Rene should reward the boys and keep the same team. Maybe Mitrouglou
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

General

Quote from: Count Berbatov on February 10, 2014, 06:39:22 AM
Rene should reward the boys and keep the same team. Maybe Mitrouglou

I agree - everyone keeps harking on about how they would change so and so - let's be honest here - the players couldn't exactly show off their attacking flair when we were penned in as much as we were.

Players like Tunnicliffe did, in my opinion a solid if undesirable job - perfectly well.

When you look at players coming through like him and Burn and Tankovic, what you have to look for is not only a consistency to the quality of play, but with that a concentration level and discipline level.

The way I thought Richardson and Tunnicliffe played was incredible - to have that discipline to stay in place and to cover for Riise and Riether and to not turn off that much (whilst Richardson had a phenomenal game for us all things considered) despite being barraged for nearly 90 minutes was immaculate.

Don't forget half of what being a player, if not a lot more, is about listening to the tactics given to you and sticking to them - something these players clearly did. We had a game plan and it was clear and it did not involve us going out and for players to express themselves so freely.

To change the team that started much would be absurd. Mitrolgu would be the only other I'd like to see play - as I believe if he can hold the ball up and use his presence to take the ball on a bit quicker (or sprint a bit faster than Tank) we could really surprise Liverpool.

gmosullivan

Stekelenburg
Riether Heitinga Burn Riise
Tunnicliffe Kvist Sidwell Richardson
                       Holtby
                        Mitraglou

Subs - Stockdale,  Hangeland,  Parker, Dejagah,  Cole, Kasami, Bent

Like the look of this team, however, would strongly consider Dejagah instead of Tunnicliffe to see if we could resurrect the Reither/ Dejagah performances of the past

Luffy86

Gutted about last nights result but it was very positive considering their result against arsenal...!!
Anyhow, same team again for West Brom please but with Mitroglou in for Bent.
Still plenty of points to play for guys, we can still do it!!

nixie-ffc

seeing as its an almost must win game for us against wba why dont we play bent and the greek. i like to see how they gel together.