https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan BURN

Started by God The Mechanic, February 10, 2014, 02:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Trollolol!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26120927

Fulham defender Dan Burn has likened defending against Manchester United to playing in the Conference.
Burn, 21, played 10 times in the division for Darlington in 2011 and helped Fulham field 81 crosses in their 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday.

"I've never headed that many balls since the Conference," said Burn. "We knew that was going to happen and I was happy for them to play like that."
Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen said United's style was "straightforward".
United's 81 crosses broke a Premier League record that had stood since 2006, but only 18 found a player in red.
Darren Bent's injury-time header secured Fulham's first point in four matches but manager David Moyes defended his side's tactics, stating playing with width was "in United's genes".
"I'm six foot seven so it helps when dealing with those sort of balls," added Burn, who made 22 clearances in the match.
"Manchester United still have amazing players - on another day they could have scored more often but we defended really well."
Fulham sit bottom of the Premier League and host Liverpool on Wednesday while United travel to Arsenal.

west kowloon white

What chances of a Manu bid for Burn in the summer now?

ron

Quote from: west kowloon white on February 10, 2014, 02:44:39 PM
What chances of a Manu bid for Burn in the summer now?

I wonder who the manager will be to make that bid...?  086.gif

ron

Quote from: God The Mechanic on February 10, 2014, 02:34:03 PM
Trollolol!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26120927

Fulham defender Dan Burn has likened defending against Manchester United to playing in the Conference.
Burn, 21, played 10 times in the division for Darlington in 2011 and helped Fulham field 81 crosses in their 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday.

"I've never headed that many balls since the Conference," said Burn. "We knew that was going to happen and I was happy for them to play like that."
Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen said United's style was "straightforward".
United's 81 crosses broke a Premier League record that had stood since 2006, but only 18 found a player in red.
Darren Bent's injury-time header secured Fulham's first point in four matches but manager David Moyes defended his side's tactics, stating playing with width was "in United's genes".
"I'm six foot seven so it helps when dealing with those sort of balls," added Burn, who made 22 clearances in the match.
"Manchester United still have amazing players - on another day they could have scored more often but we defended really well."
Fulham sit bottom of the Premier League and host Liverpool on Wednesday while United travel to Arsenal.

Manchester United like a Conference side....?

A cheeky wee fellow isn't he..?!!!!!

west kowloon white

So Moyes would make a good Conference side manager..brilliant.

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

God The Mechanic

Quote from: elgreenio on February 10, 2014, 03:32:25 PM
bit of a back track (not that Moyes or United deserve it) : http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/10/dan-clarifies-quotes

I think the only way to read it as anything but how he explained it is if you're wanting to either twist his words (hello press!!) or take offence.  Still... pretty funny :P

I'm still staggered that United insisted on crossing and crossing and crossing despite how easily most were dealt with, especially considering they're up against such a tall defender.  It can't be that hard to see that someone that tall would struggle on the ground, get Mata dribbling at him!

west kowloon white

No ,just being diplomatic.No egg on face...good lad.

kevin

A great player so he can say what he likes about manu

Burt

bit of a back track (not that Moyes or United deserve it) : http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/10/dan-clarifies-quotes

Speaking to fulhamfc.com after quotes appeared regarding United playing a Conference style football, Burn clarified: "I didn't mean that quote to sound as disrespectful as it's been reported. There were a lot of crosses, statistically more than any game since stats started, so I just joked that I hadn't headed as many balls since the Conference.

"It was a deluge of pressure, and I was just glad I could get on the end of some of them and we were all relieved to get a point. United have world-class players, and we're up against more world-class players, and arguably the best striker in the league, on Wednesday night."

Burn put in a fantastic display against the champions on Sunday, but when asked about his own performances he said: "I'm a young player with a lot to learn on the pitch still, but feel like I'm making good progress and I'm enjoying my football.

"I really want to help get Fulham out of this position but, off the pitch, I suppose one of the lessons from Sunday is not to try and have a joke with the media!"

cottage cheese

BBC have changed the headline and title. Im assuming we had a slight word with the editors?? HAHAH

Craven Mad

I read the original comments as a joke that was twisted by the press. I hope Dan can shrug off the attention and continue with his great performances.

He's been a revelation at the back; deservedly earning his spot. Comes across as a pretty decent bloke, too.

ron

Lately, Moyes deserves less respect every time he opens his mouth.......

......The chosen one has deteriorated into a rather downmarket blamer of others for situations he finds himself in.

I thought he was better than that.