watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Henry criticises Fulham for considering postponing

Started by Jack Fulham, February 11, 2014, 01:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-v-liverpool-liverpool-owner-john-w-henry-slams-cottagers-as-club-consider-postponing-match-due-to-tube-strike-9120730.html

However, Henry launched his criticism of the Cottagers on Monday night, posting on his Twitter account: “Arsenal, West Ham and Leyton Orient all ready for the strike but not Fulham?”

The concern was lack of safety stewards. The only fans to bring smoke bombs and flares last season to Craven Cottage were Liverpool fans so I think concern is justified. Clearly John Henry has not been in a crush when everyone is clambering on to public transport which is running a limited service after the game.

SouthfieldWhite

Maybe someone in his position should learn to keep his mouth shut until he knows all the correct reasons.

You can't do the blame game when you don't know the facts

I'm sure Fulham have meeting with police etc before all home games and with Liverpools fans reputation , I'm sure the police wouldn't want this game to go ahead unless they know Fulham have the right man power to deal with this level of game

EJL

John Henry is one of the more... 'vocal' chairmen in the league. Should really be keeping quiet until everything's a bit clearer, though.

As someone said above, last season Liverpool's away following were the only fans stupid enough to set off smoke bombs and such whilst located in a stand still majorly consisting of wood.

I'd imagine they'll bring a hefty number of supporters along tomorrow night, and fewer stewards would mean a safety risk, no? JFT96 and all that, eh?

Not saying they'll start a riot in the Putney end, but you can't blame the club for being cautious, even if it is a ploy to get more time off.

epsomraver

Quote from: EJL on February 11, 2014, 02:30:05 PM
John Henry is one of the more... 'vocal' chairmen in the league. Should really be keeping quiet until everything's a bit clearer, though.

As someone said above, last season Liverpool's away following were the only fans stupid enough to set off smoke bombs and such whilst located in a stand still majorly consisting of wood.

I'd imagine they'll bring a hefty number of supporters along tomorrow night, and fewer stewards would mean a safety risk, no? JFT96 and all that, eh?

Not saying they'll start a riot in the Putney end, but you can't blame the club for being cautious, even if it is a ploy to get more time off.

They were in the Putney end which is not wood, still unexcusable though,  it was Polish fans who set off a smoke bomb in the JH stand which was really worrying

PokerMatt

Posted something about the flares on Twitter and genuine safety concerns. Getting dogs abuse back and some insightful remarks along the lines of "shut up you boring fool".

Getting asked where the wood is. Different stand, yeah, but what, so you can direct your fire where it might not burn the place down? Really cannot stand Liverpool fans. Incredible hypocrisy in their ranks.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

epsomraver

PokerMatt

Quote from: epsomraver on February 11, 2014, 03:02:58 PM
Always the victims never to blame?

Too right.

I've told one who claimed there was no chance of a fire because they're in a different stand said I thought stadium safety was important to Liverpool. I'm expecting a lot of four-letter words from all the inbreds in response to that.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Julius Geezer

He's a numpty.

Fans' safety is paramount - you would of thought he'd known that given Liverpool's history.

Burt

Lighthouse

I am afraid John Henry is just ignorant of the facts. He is getting all excited because his football team are doing well. But he thinks all London clubs are served by the same bus and trains and sit next to each other in a square mile.

Ignorant man who sadly has quite a few fans who are equally as ignorant.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Classic94

FPT

You'd think Liverpool would be extra concerned with saftey...

stokesy

jarv

jeremyfulham

How many Juventus fans died ? Why were English clubs banned from Europe for years ?

EJL

Quote from: epsomraver on February 11, 2014, 02:52:34 PM
Quote from: EJL on February 11, 2014, 02:30:05 PM

They were in the Putney end which is not wood, still unexcusable though,  it was Polish fans who set off a smoke bomb in the JH stand which was really worrying
My bad. Got the two mixed up.