watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham in Brighton and Sussex meet for a FREE beer and food - now 26th Feb

Started by Shredhead, February 11, 2014, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travers Barney

Great initiative....brilliant work getting this set up...sure it will be a success.

coyw
We are the whites

Shredhead

:bump:
2 days to go. I hope we'll be rewarding Marathonbet's generosity with beer, food, raffle prizes (proceeds to this Forum) and an ex-player with a good turnout and good feedback about what we'd like from them as main sponsors.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Admin

Quote from: Shredhead on February 24, 2014, 10:14:24 PM
2 days to go. I hope we'll be rewarding Marathonbet's generosity with beer, food, raffle prizes (proceeds to this Forum) and an ex-player with a good turnout and good feedback about what we'd like from them as main sponsors.

I'd have come to this to show a bit of face for FOF, but have unfortunately got a business meeting after work that evening. I'll definatel do the next one.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Admin on February 24, 2014, 10:16:26 PM
Quote from: Shredhead on February 24, 2014, 10:14:24 PM

I'd have come to this to show a bit of face for FOF, but have unfortunately got a business meeting after work that evening. I'll definatel do the next one.

Same here, can't make Wednesday but would be up for it another time, I'm thinking of brining the supporters club out of the ashes so a meet with like minded fans would be great to get ideas from

Gbgera

PokerMatt

Just got to Eastbourne station and found that someone decided to throw themselves under a train so they're cancelled between lewes and Brighton.

No idea how long bus replacements will take So I've had to turn round. Hope all who make it have a great time. And hopefully there will be another very soon.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

ron

It was too far from the Chilterns for me to make it, but likewise hope that all attenders had a great evening.. 082.gif

MasterHaynes

Big Thankyou to Marathon bet and the club for supporting the event, had a great night , fantastic turnout with good mix of young and old and some great raffle prizes. So many people there I only got to speak to less than a quarter of the people, looking forward to the next get together and getting to talk to a few more people

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 27, 2014, 08:54:12 AM
Big Thankyou to Marathon bet and the club for supporting the event, had a great night , fantastic turnout with good mix of young and old and some great raffle prizes. So many people there I only got to speak to less than a quarter of the people, looking forward to the next get together and getting to talk to a few more people

Gutted I couldn't make it due to work, definitely get down to the next one!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Southdowns White

Well done everyone involved in organising last night and thanks to Marathonbet for the Tab behind the bar and the food, unfortunately i had already eaten and was driving. Was nice to meet enthusiastic people from Fulham fc, marothonbet and plenty of supporters, everyone was very positive considering the position we are in on the field. Hopefully we raised some money through the raffle some very nice prizes were won including one for me. Once again thanks to everyone involved, already looking forward to the next one.

ffcbrighton

Massive thanks to MarathonBet for this. Made a massive effort and was fully appreciated! Quality night
Mick McCarthy has got a big nose.

Burt

It sounds like a good time was had by all!

Are there any photos that could be posted?

And on behalf of Admin and the Mod Squad, can I also take this opportunity to thank everyone there for the generosity shown in earmarking some of the raffle proceeds to FOF. We rely on the generosity of our members via the PayPal link for the upkeep of this site for us to all enjoy, and £130 is really a wonderful, unexpected, gesture. We owe you all a beer!

THANK YOU once again!

:clap_hands: :yay: :wine: 049:gif

spikey norman

Agree with all the above sentiments.
Excellent evening and a massive thanks to Marathonbet for putting the event on.Special mention must go to Shaun from Marathonbet and Andrew (Shreadhead) who liaised with each other over past few months in setting it all up.
Also great to see the legend David Lloyd come down from TOOFIF Towers to attend.
As for photos Shaun took a few group ones which I assume will be available for us all to see soon on their website.

hovewhite

Shredhead

:plus one:
It was a great night. Black and white bunting, FFC flags and shirts, a raffle with good prizes (signed shirts, match balls, tickets etc), free food and a bar. The club's corporate sponsorship bloke, Ian, was there as well as a few Directors and staff from Marathonbet. They were all keen to hear our views on the club and how they can help with sponsorship (subsidised away games seem to be the favourite). But above all, it reinforced what a great friendly club this is with fantastic fans.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Burt

Well done Andrew for your efforts etc. hope to be able to make a future one, looking good for mid September!

jms

Quote from: Shredhead on February 27, 2014, 07:54:24 PM
:plus one:
It was a great night. Black and white bunting, FFC flags and shirts, a raffle with good prizes (signed shirts, match balls, tickets etc), free food and a bar. The club's corporate sponsorship bloke, Ian, was there as well as a few Directors and staff from Marathonbet. They were all keen to hear our views on the club and how they can help with sponsorship (subsidised away games seem to be the favourite). But above all, it reinforced what a great friendly club this is with fantastic fans.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:
Special fans in all ways.....and thanks for all your efforts Andrew.

Pluto

Couldn't make it to this I'm afraid but do want to say that, whatever our problems this season on and off the field, Marathonbet have been absolutely first class sponsors. 10/10 for their efforts this season getting behind the team and for taking every opportunity to build a relationship with the fans. Hope we get to keep them another year.  049:gif

spikey norman

Quote from: Pluto on February 28, 2014, 12:53:50 AM
Couldn't make it to this I'm afraid but do want to say that, whatever our problems this season on and off the field, Marathonbet have been absolutely first class sponsors. 10/10 for their efforts this season getting behind the team and for taking every opportunity to build a relationship with the fans. Hope we get to keep them another year.  049:gif

Speaking to the the directors on Wednesday night they will be with us next season

PeterButtery

And a good time was had by all. Thanks again Andrew.
Any chance of seeing the group photo