watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 7/1

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 11, 2014, 10:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

to beat Liverpool tomorrow night......could be a crafty tenner on its way to the bookies

Fernhurst

Absolutely astounded by our result on Sunday, but still not enough confidence to risk money on our team tomorrow.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Blanco

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 11, 2014, 11:31:06 PM
Absolutely astounded by our result on Sunday, but still not enough confidence to risk money on our team tomorrow.

I agree. A draw would be much more likely at 7/2. I'm surprised it's only 7/1. Go for the draw if you're willing to bet against a Liverpool win. Or a bet no draw is at 9/2.

HatterDon

The only bet I EVER made on football was the weekly pools. When the whistle blows, I don't want to be concentrating on when the first goal is scored, who scores it, who scores first, what the final score will be.

I don't know how you guys bet AND keep a fantasy football side, AND pay real attention to who is playing well and who isn't.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Rock

I think 7:1 is a terrible bet - Utd went off 14:1. I'd think we should be worth at least 20:1 to win we're so bad. PM me I'll take the other side. If we won I'd feel great about losing the money too.

Blanco

Quote from: HatterDon on February 12, 2014, 12:00:40 AM
The only bet I EVER made on football was the weekly pools. When the whistle blows, I don't want to be concentrating on when the first goal is scored, who scores it, who scores first, what the final score will be.

I don't know how you guys bet AND keep a fantasy football side, AND pay real attention to who is playing well and who isn't.

One of the things I do when betting is pay attention to who IS playing well and who ISN'T. That is how I bet. Betting without paying attention to form would be silly.

SimpleTactics

Put money on us to beat United and was desperately trying to cash out in play at the game but couldn't get a signal

leonffc

A couple of quid on an accumalator can liven up a saturday afternoon if youre camped on the sofa or having a couple of beers in a pub and theres no live game on Don.

Although after a similar thread the other day with us at 16/1 to beat UTD I got drawn in to that  :012:

Holders

I am not a betting man but I reckon a tenner on Fulham to avoid the drop is a fair investment if the ratio is good enough. Does anyone know the current terms?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nixie-ffc

i was actually gonna start a new thread about relegation odds but since we are talking about this here might as well carry on in this thread.

as it stands, after last night games, fulham is favourite to go down. here are the odds with explanations for those who are not familiar with this sort of thing. prices taken from betfair.

fulham to be relegated. current price 1.46 so if you believed fulham was gonna be relegated you will get back £4.60 profit for every £10 staked. so £10 x 1.46 = 14.60 but seeing as we are betting against fulham going down we will be laying £21.28 (risking £10) @1.47 and if fulham escaped relegation our profit would be as stated £21.28 for every £10 risked. dont forget you get back your stake as well so a payout of £31.28.

cardiff 1.83 to go down, palace 2.84, sunderland 2.84, norwich 2.60, wba 4.60, hammers 9.80, stoke 9.00, hull 8.00, villa 12.50, swansea 13.50, man united 600.00

also to keep things simple i left out the commission charges. so if you win betfair takes %5 of your profit..

Deanothefulhamfan

I am a betting man, and put a large amount of money for us to go down, a few weeks ago. Also backed united to win 2-1 at the weekend in play, but if it means me losing money, and fulham gaining precious points or avoiding the drop then I could not be happier to lose money.

In response to the OP 7-1 for a premier league home team is crazy. I am having a bit of that

rusty shackleford

Liverpool are a different animal altogether than united and if we set up like we did on Sunday we are gonna get hammered. There are ways to beat liverpool, inviting them to have a billion attempts on goal isnt one of them

Julius Geezer

I wonder if fresh stories in the press about Brendan Rodgers personal life will have an effect?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556762/Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-left-wife.html

The dirty dog!

Northern Cottager

The missus put a free bet on Fulham to win and Mitrogolou to score... 150/1 with a 5er on. Gutted he isn't playing!

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 12, 2014, 10:57:46 AM
The missus put a free bet on Fulham to win and Mitrogolou to score... 150/1 with a 5er on. Gutted he isn't playing!

Should go directly onto Fulham to win then.

nixie-ffc

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 12, 2014, 10:51:28 AM
I wonder if fresh stories in the press about Brendan Rodgers personal life will have an effect?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556762/Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-left-wife.html

The dirty dog!

dont know but his (ex?) mrs will be supporting fulham tonight.

terryr

Quote from: Blanco on February 12, 2014, 01:04:14 AM

One of the things I do when betting is pay attention to who IS playing well and who ISN'T. That is how I bet. Betting without paying attention to form would be silly.
Actually betting at all isn't clever. There's a reason the bookies are all rich and the punters all poor.....

The Bronsons

Quote from: TerryR on February 12, 2014, 03:47:39 PM
Quote from: Blanco on February 12, 2014, 01:04:14 AM

Actually betting at all isn't clever. There's a reason the bookies are all rich and the punters all poor.....

Two arguments against that point of view.

One, some people enjoy betting and don't expect to make a profit. It's a form of entertainment, like going to the cinema, and as long as they don't lose more than they can afford, where's the problem?

Two, the odds on exchanges represent the accumulated wisdom of everyone who has bet. Most of those people don't really have any clue, and are just following hunches or preferences etc. The odds from traditional bookmakers are set by people who have rather more knowledge - but they are still aiming to balance their books so they have to take the general public's view in account as well.

If (and it's a big if) somebody has skill and works hard, it is possible to focus on a particular area and do a better job of pricing a few matches than the public and the bookmakers. If you can find a big enough edge to overcome the bookie's margins, you'll make money in the long term.

A few games are in fact beatable if you work hard and know what you're doing. Poker and sports betting are two of them.

HatterDon

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 12, 2014, 10:51:28 AM

The dirty dog!

I know my effectiveness at my job was always dependent on how happy the boss was with his/her spouse. It was really the only reason why some days I was Superman and other days I was dross.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel