watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's all up to us

Started by HatterDon, February 12, 2014, 03:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

When you're bottom of the table, if you're looking for help in survival, you're looking for THREE teams to really suck down the stretch. That's not realistic. Those of us who only observe and suffer have to stop hoping for other sides to crater. One or two may do so, but that won't do it for us by itself.

We need to get points where we got none. We need to pull out the occasional point when overmatched as we did Sunday. We have to get three points where we have even a reasonable chance to do so.

We have 13 matches left and 20 points in the bag. Five wins and five draws will give us 40 and it won't matter a bit what anyone else does.

COYW. As we SA Spurs fans are apt to say, "We need some nasty."  :028:

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Don,   Mon Deux !!! that sounds a tad positive .......er I think  :023:

Green shoots and all that chizzle ................COYW's 

TonyGilroy

Other teams results will probably even themselves out.

If we get 6 wins we should be OK - less than that, not. As simple as that I think.

Deanothefulhamfan

Our GD is terrible so I think we need 17 points to be safe this season.

We only need to win half of our remaining games..... I am a tiny bit more positive it is achievable after sunday.

COYW

the nutflush

Quote from: HatterDon on February 12, 2014, 03:16:59 AM
When you're bottom of the table, if you're looking for help in survival, you're looking for THREE teams to really suck down the stretch. That's not realistic. Those of us who only observe and suffer have to stop hoping for other sides to crater. One or two may do so, but that won't do it for us by itself.

We need to get points where we got none. We need to pull out the occasional point when overmatched as we did Sunday. We have to get three points where we have even a reasonable chance to do so.

We have 13 matches left and 20 points in the bag. Five wins and five draws will give us 40 and it won't matter a bit what anyone else does.

Hey Hatter Don.  A non Fulham related question -  Being a Spurs fan, what do you think of Patty Mills?  Hes getting some good game time this season.  We always knew he could play down here in Australia.  Hes a quality team player in my book. 

Big Martin Jol

Before the Man Utd/Liverpool double header, we were 3 points from safety.

Presuming we lose tonight (sorry) and Sunderland don't pull off the nigh-on impossible against Man City, we'll come out of it 4 points from safety.

In my mind that's a terrific case of damage limitation. But as Hatterdon said, let's not worry too much about what everyone else is doing - we've got enough winnable fixtures to reach 40+ points, and if we can do that then we'll be fine.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

HatterDon

Quote from: the nutflush on February 12, 2014, 10:59:29 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on February 12, 2014, 03:16:59 AM

Hey Hatter Don.  A non Fulham related question -  Being a Spurs fan, what do you think of Patty Mills?  Hes getting some good game time this season.  We always knew he could play down here in Australia.  Hes a quality team player in my book. 

Patty is a good man off the bench ... not afraid to shoot and nothing but pace, pace, pace. With Tony Parker's recent injuries recently he's been brilliant even as a starter. He's one of 4 point guards that have played this season. Right now he's just behind Parker on the depth chart.

I like his game a lot.

Now, back to Fulham
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Been saying for a while you can't be bothered with other teams results. We need to get 38 Pts and see what happens.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk