Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Also not in squad today

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5900527,00.html

Celtic close on Kamara
Mowbray eyes loan move for former charge

Last updated: 30th January 2010  
Celtic close on Kamara

Skysports.com understands Celtic are lining up a loan swoop for Fulham forward Diomansy Kamara before the transfer window closes.

Kamara has found himself well down the pecking order at Fulham and he is keen on a move away in search of regular first-team football.

Celtic boss Tony Mowbray is ready to offer Kamara a switch to Parkhead as he looks to continue his reshaping of the current Bhoys squad.

Mowbray is a big admirer of Kamara having worked with him during his time in charge of West Brom and he is hoping to tie up a loan deal before the transfer window slams shut on Monday.

A number of Premier League clubs were thought to be keen on signing Kamara, but it appears Celtic have won the race to land the Senegal international on loan until the end of the season.

Kamara is expected to travel up to Scotland this weekend to tie up the deal which he has arranged through his own agency.

Kamara could be a replacement for Scott McDonald with the Australian international being linked with moves to both West Ham and Middlesbrough.

clintclintdeuce

Why loan him out? Does not make any sense. Sell him and use the funds or keep him for depth.
The Dude abides.

wadey

ludicrous decision, with aj out injured till who knows when.....crazy roy crazy

scotty

ugh. Kamara on the way out, we loose out on mosses and a rare home loss..what a day  ???

LRCN

he's confirmed it on his facebook pretty much.

Scrumpy

Well, I actually agree with this decision. I think we should be aiming higher than Kamara and need to off load him. We nearly managed this in the summer but it fell through.  I assume that no one has come in with a firm bid to buy him, so let's ship him out and at least get him in the shop window.

We have a replacement coming in.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

os5889

Was just saying to ElBee in the pub before the game how useful he could have been today.

What do I know Roy?

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 30, 2010, 09:10:56 PM
Well, I actually agree with this decision. I think we should be aiming higher than Kamara and need to off load him. We nearly managed this in the summer but it fell through.  I assume that no one has come in with a firm bid to buy him, so let's ship him out and at least get him in the shop window.

Then we must move AJ, BZ, Nevland, and Elm as well, as Dio is as good or better than all of them.
The Dude abides.

finnster01

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on January 30, 2010, 09:25:09 PM

Then we must move AJ, BZ, Nevland, and Elm as well, as Dio is as good or better than all of them.
Have to disagree with that Mr CCD. Maybe he's better than the rooted Elm, but I wouldn't trade any of the other three for Dio. He is crap, plays one good game a year, and is always injured.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Scrumpy

Yep, what Finn said!

Dio is 4th choice striker in my eyes.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: finnster01 on January 30, 2010, 09:29:01 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on January 30, 2010, 09:25:09 PM

Have to disagree with that Mr CCD. Maybe he's better than the rooted Elm, but I wouldn't trade any of the other three for Dio. He is crap, plays one good game a year, and is always injured.

Nah, hes the most clutch, has the most pace, and is the most techincally gifted of the bunch by far. The only thing I can ever say about him is he missed that 1 on 0 at chelsea a few years back when we drew 0-0.

And Finn, Im pretty sure youre describing AJ.  ;D
The Dude abides.

finnster01

No one is more clutch than Nevland. Gentleman Jim nods in agreement
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: finnster01 on January 30, 2010, 09:35:05 PM
No one is more clutch than Nevland. Gentleman Jim nods in agreement

lol, ok. i stand dueled to a draw.
The Dude abides.

os5889

Nonsensical thinking in my view unless we have 2 coming in.