watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Dempsey not on the bench?

Started by Nightwind15, February 12, 2014, 08:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

I really can't understand why we took him in the first place. It was a two month loan of a player who wasn't match fit at the time.

Totally pointless, and he's more than proved that with his lack of effort on the pitch.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Julius Geezer

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 12, 2014, 10:29:58 PM
Personally, I'd prefer to see Kasami than either Tunnicliffe or Dempsey.  He has better defensive qualities than either

Tunnicliffe is much better defensively than Kasami.

Kasami commits far too many fouls when he's tracking back.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 13, 2014, 11:26:46 AM
I really can't understand why we took him in the first place. It was a two month loan of a player who wasn't match fit at the time.

Totally pointless, and he's more than proved that with his lack of effort on the pitch.

I'm beginning to come around to the idea that Clint left on better terms with the club (maybe not Mo or Jol) than we all have believed.

In the end, it was a relatively cheap gamble that just hasn't paid off. Now that he's on the short side of his loan and his effectiveness is obviously diminished, for whatever reason, there is no place for him in the first team - as it should be.

Some will make out that he was here only for fitness and just using the club without considering that the club was doing the same. A failed experiment, like so many others this season. I never liked the idea b/c, like Berba, he's a bit of a square peg as far as rhythym of play goes and takes time to bed in - too much time for a 2 month loan.

He played better than he has been given credit for by some, but overall it was wasted time and money.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Forever Fulham

I don't agree.  His skills didn't magically erode since last year at Tottenham.  He went to Seattle and was dropped into a team in the middle of a push for the MLS playoffs.  He wasn't 100% then. 
He might not have been ready when he showed up at the Cottage on loan, but I'll bet he's in much better shape right now, today, then when he arrived.  It would be a mistake not to play him going forward before he leaves.  That's only, what, one or two more games anyway, right? 

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 13, 2014, 11:26:46 AM

When you remember that when he was signed, we hadn't done anything else. Apparently, he was the best thing available at the time. Had he resurrected his last season here, everyone except the usual suspects would be moaning that he was leaving. He was a gamble and like many gambles, didn't pay off. He is not in the future plans and we picked up so much talent at the close of the window. As a US Nats fan I can and will complain that I wish he had stayed in the Prem, that Bradley had stayed in Italy and Jones had stayed in Germany. All I can see in Brazil is three and out since our best players are not seeing top notch competition. Ticks me off.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Snibbo

I think there must be a big question over his motivation. He left us on bad terms. He's come back, you'd have to say, only because he hasn't got a better option. I suspect his confidence is shot. I don't see him getting back into the team.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 14, 2014, 12:15:15 AM
I don't agree.  His skills didn't magically erode since last year at Tottenham.  He went to Seattle and was dropped into a team in the middle of a push for the MLS playoffs.  He wasn't 100% then. 
He might not have been ready when he showed up at the Cottage on loan, but I'll bet he's in much better shape right now, today, then when he arrived.  It would be a mistake not to play him going forward before he leaves.  That's only, what, one or two more games anyway, right? 

He had an absolute shocker of a match against Sheff Utd - surely, that will be his last appearance in a Fulham Shirt?

Julius Geezer

It would be a mistake not to play him going forward before he leaves.  That's only, what, one or two more games anyway, right? 

He's done nothing to earn a place!

How are the players - who have done well the last couple of games - going to feel being dropped for has-been Dempsey?

westcliff white

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 14, 2014, 11:05:34 AM

He had an absolute shocker of a match against Sheff Utd - surely, that will be his last appearance in a Fulham Shirt?
They guy was a legend for us before he went to spurs, at spurs he wasn't the same player for me that was obvious. In Seattle from the reports i read he again didn't do much. Sadly he should not get near the starting 11 before he leaves to go back.
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 14, 2014, 11:05:34 AM

Who didn't?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Texas White

Quote from: callumc513 on February 12, 2014, 10:58:57 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on February 12, 2014, 08:57:55 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 12, 2014, 08:53:10 PM
He goes back in a couple of weeks, so he's not really going to be in Rene's plans for this relegation scrap, plus Holtby will keep him out the side every day of the week.
but Tunnicliffe shouldn't to be honest.... Clint has become the next Fulham scapegoat. Yep

Clint has been absolutely useless since he came back.
Tunnifcliffe has been very decent.

Dempsey has been pants.