watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Dempsey not on the bench?

Started by Nightwind15, February 12, 2014, 08:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

Not that it really matters but I was just curious.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Macedo

Quote from: Nightwind15 on February 12, 2014, 08:08:55 PM
Quote from: Nightwind15 on February 12, 2014, 08:08:55 PM

Hope not he not interested in us just getting fit for
his usa team.

Admin

He goes back in a couple of weeks, so he's not really going to be in Rene's plans for this relegation scrap, plus Holtby will keep him out the side every day of the week.

mccscratch

Quote from: Admin on February 12, 2014, 08:53:10 PM
He goes back in a couple of weeks, so he's not really going to be in Rene's plans for this relegation scrap, plus Holtby will keep him out the side every day of the week.
but Tunnicliffe shouldn't to be honest.... Clint has become the next Fulham scapegoat.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

DevonFFC

Quote from: mccscratch on February 12, 2014, 08:57:55 PM
but Tunnicliffe shouldn't to be honest.... Clint has become the next Fulham scapegoat.

I'm not sure what your saying about tunnicliffe??

Admin

Clint hasn't become any type of scapegoat, he's just been absolute utter tosh since returning to Fulham, and a shadow of his former self. . No disrespect to the guy, I appreciate every thing he's done for Fulham, but he won't be helping us out this time around, that I can assure you of.  

mccscratch

Quote from: ollienixs on February 12, 2014, 09:01:27 PM

He is not ready for this level. Works hard in cover but offers very little in the team when we have the ball. Watch him in the second half.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Jem

Quote from: Admin on February 12, 2014, 09:03:00 PM

Clint hasn't become any type of scapegoat, he's just been absolute utter tosh since returning to Fulham, and a shadow of his former self. . No disrespect to the guy, I appreciate every thing he's done for Fulham, but he won't be helping us out this time around, that I can assure you of. 
Spot on
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

fulhamben

In modern usage a scapegoat is an individual, group, or country singled out for unmerited negative treatment or blame.  he is not good enough for our match day squad, hence he doesn't make our match day squad. no scapegoating at all, he just isn't very good
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

simplyfulham

Quote from: mccscratch on February 12, 2014, 09:03:25 PM

He is not ready for this level. Works hard in cover but offers very little in the team when we have the ball. Watch him in the second half.

He's doing that job perfectly though.. He's disciplined in that right wing back role and brings bags of energy. The rest will come.

I know what you mean, but he's fulfilling a role to perfection. Nobody else in the squad can do it at the moment.

NogoodBoyo

Personally, I'd prefer to see Kasami than either Tunnicliffe or Dempsey.  He has better defensive qualities than either, although I understand that Tunnicliffe is one for the future.  But Kasami has muscled his way into the team this season with his commitment.  I'm puzzled as to why he's been dropped.  I'm not at all puzzled as to why Dempsey has been dropped.  He is weak defensively and hasn't brought anything to the attack.  His re-emergence for such a short spell was a bad gamble that hasn't paid off.
Nogood "tough day that, isit" Boyo

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Agree NogoodBoyo, Tunnicliffe puts in a good shift but Kasami is ten times the better player.

BarryP

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 12, 2014, 10:29:58 PM
Personally, I'd prefer to see Kasami than either Tunnicliffe or Dempsey.  He has better defensive qualities than either, although I understand that Tunnicliffe is one for the future.  But Kasami has muscled his way into the team this season with his commitment.  I'm puzzled as to why he's been dropped.  I'm not at all puzzled as to why Dempsey has been dropped.  He is weak defensively and hasn't brought anything to the attack.  His re-emergence for such a short spell was a bad gamble that hasn't paid off.
Nogood "tough day that, isit" Boyo

Per usual Nogood hits the nail on the head.  I'm a big Dempsey fan but a bigger fan of earning your place. Dempsey has not done enough to merit a spot in the match day squad in this loan stint in my opinion. 
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

callumc513

Clint has been absolutely useless since he came back.
Tunnifcliffe has been very decent.

Nightwind15

Dempsey has truly disappointed the fans of Fulham, particularly the US fans and I cannot help to believe the squad as well. This not withstanding I am excited with the new energy in play from the others on the pitch.  I think we will pull off the escape again this year.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

HatterDon

Rene is figuring out his "down the stretch" squad. Dempsey could never be part of that squad even if he'd scored in every match. Truth be told, Clint had a couple of pretty good outings, but mostly all he accomplished was to keep Kasami on the bench. It was stupid of the front office to sign him and I'll never figure out why they thought it was a good idea.

as for Tunnicliffe, he was there in the last two matches -- both flat-out all defense all the time matches. It'll be interesting to see if we see Kasami or Dejagah in his place against WBA.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: mccscratch on February 12, 2014, 09:03:25 PM

what are you on about. He's played his role pretty much to perfection as a second RB.
We have motbseen enough of him attacking wise because of the role he had. But its clear Rene gave him clear instructions to follow and he did it well.

JackyFulham90

I would rather see Dejagah, Kasami, Kacaniklic,  Tunnicliffe,  Cole all before Dempsey.

Good luck back in America Clint

TonyGilroy

Last night Tunnicliffe was everywhere - frequently in the opposition penalty area.

This is a very high energy player who, I hope, epitomises the future for this club. Hopefully he will get much better still.

The Sheffield United performance was a watershed. Rene has decided who he can and can't trust and the results are clear for all to see. There's a way back, I'm sure, for Kasami but the 11 currently being played is the best we have. Montaglue to replace Bent and against lesser opposition I think we'll go on a run as Villa did last season from a position as precarious as ours.

As for Dempsey - it hasn't been nearly good enough, has it?

ltd-ffc

a low risk gamble that didnt pay off simple as that
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015