watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is 10 the new 30?

Started by valdeingruo, February 12, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

I havent seen a player move like this since Dembele, shame it wont be a permanent move.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Admin

Quote from: andersons11 on February 12, 2014, 09:06:16 PM
I havent seen a player move like this since Dembele, shame it wont be a permanent move.

If you're talking about Holtby, we do have an option, however, he, or Fulham, won't be making any decisions until this season is over. If we stay up, I reckon we have a high chance of keeping him. 

valdeingruo

Quote from: Admin on February 12, 2014, 09:11:22 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on February 12, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

If you're talking about Holtby, we do have an option, however, he, or Fulham, won't be making any decisions until this season is over. If we stay up, I reckon we have a high chance of keeping him. 

Ive heard both that we do have an option and that we dont. I would be over the moon if we did have a n option and took it.

mccscratch

Holtby runs around like I wish all footballers would. Joy to see that passion combined with ability. Really winning me over.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

valdeingruo

I honestly rated him before his move, if we had just put the said 1.5 mill for him instead of spuds it could have been the difference.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

If we stay up we should offer spurs 25 mil for him.

Pluto

hes the best player we've had in the PL era

PokerMatt

I genuinely feel whenever he gets the ball something special will happen. While he's fit my hope won't fade.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Willard

Quote from: Pluto on February 12, 2014, 10:34:30 PM

What's your definition of best?

How many games has he played for us?

Is he really better than Coleman, McBride, Murphy, Van Der Saar, Malbranque and a bag full of others?

That said, he is very good and I hope we can keep him and that he does become the best we've had!

callumc513

Quote from: Willard on February 12, 2014, 11:39:31 PM

Is he really better than Coleman, McBride, Murphy, Van Der Saar, Malbranque and a bag full of others?

That said, he is very good and I hope we can keep him and that he does become the best we've had!

He probably means best combination of technical, mental and physical attributes (cheers FM).
I can't really argue with that at all, he's far too good for us.
His decision making and passing on the counter is excellent, perfect for teams that play predominantly on the counter.

HatterDon

We're not keeping Holtby. Enjoy him while we can.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SimpleTactics

Quite a bold statement considering he has played 3 games and we have had some very successful players in recent years. I do however put him high up on the list and who knows, he could develop into our best but too early to judge. Could of said the same about Ruiz after he did the chip against Everton so early on.

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on February 13, 2014, 02:01:49 AM
We're not keeping Holtby. Enjoy him while we can.
that's the way I see it. Enjoy these last dozen plus games he's with us.
I don't need any convincing that he's better than Ruiz and also Dembele. He offers a lot more than both of them.

Blanco

I read that he ran 8.5 miles against United. That's a decent distance. He never stopped against Liverpool either.

TonyGilroy

IF we stay up and IF the Tottenham manager in the summer (whoever he may be) doesn't want him then I don't see any reason why he wouldn't sign for us.

Pluto

Quote from: callumc513 on February 13, 2014, 12:05:50 AM
Quote from: Willard on February 12, 2014, 11:39:31 PM

He probably means best combination of technical, mental and physical attributes (cheers FM).
I can't really argue with that at all, he's far too good for us.
His decision making and passing on the counter is excellent, perfect for teams that play predominantly on the counter.

That's exactly what I mean- thanks Callum. Obviously too soon to measure his quality in terms of overall contribution to the club but in terms of footballing ability (in the areas Callum mentioned) I can't think of any better. He's a level ahead of anyone else and should be with a Champions League club in all honesty.

Interesting trying to think of others in that bracket. Berba was obviously brilliant but past his best when he came to us. Hangeland great in his prime but not on the same level overall.

Can only think of Dembele, Van Der Sar and maybe Saha?