watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well Done Fulham!

Started by DUKE, February 12, 2014, 10:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

The lads gave everything against MU and last night - nobody could ask for more.

We were also well organised and looked a totally different team from our abject defeat at Anfield earlier this season..

If they can keep playing like this we still have a good chance of staying up.

PokerMatt

Quote from: HatterDon on February 13, 2014, 01:57:00 AM
We're going down, but we're going down playing football and fighting for every inch of turf. I prefer the 2nd half of this season to the 2nd half of last where -- with the exception of Sidwell -- we played sideways crap every match.

I didn't expect a point in either of our last two games and I'm not going to attack the team or its manager for not surprising me two matches in a row. I know there are those on this site who believe that no defender should ever make a mistake, and every half or quarter-chance should be converted -- and, when that doesn't happen, somebody should be raked over the coals. Some of us, however, know that perfection only occurs in 15-20 minute stretches perhaps a half-dozen times across an entire career. Some of us know that when you play a better team, sometimes you lose -- even if you bust your ass. Those of us who do know that are quite satisfied with a solid performance, even if it results in no points.

I agree mostly but not that perfection only happens for a brief stint six times in a player's career. There are many examples in world football of players who are at their best constantly and those are the ones playing for big clubs. Look at Suarez for example - I think he's surpassed your definition about tenfold this season. We've even had more than
90 minutes of perfection in the past - colossal performances from Hangeland during the great escape just one that springs to mind.

I don't think it's too much to ask that even with tired legs you don't slide into a suicidal challenge in the penalty box in the last minute. I've slept on it and I'm still furious about it. He should give his wages to charity this week it was that bad a decision. That doesn't mean never making a mistake, just that the one Riether made was worse than any I've seen from a fulham player all season. And there have been plenty.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

The Equalizer

Quote from: Macedo on February 12, 2014, 10:26:49 PM
Solid defence?...conceeded 3 again..

Against possibly the best strike force in the country at the moment. We still managed to put two past them and were unlucky not to get another - it's a real bloody positive as far as I'm concerned. A month ago they would have put 10 past us.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MasterHaynes

I think it was one of thse games when Gerrard has a sparkler, not much you can do when he has one of those games where it pulls all the strings