Main Menu

Reither on MOD - Brain Dead Defending...merged

Started by Macedo, February 12, 2014, 11:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macedo

What a stupid tackle should have stayed on his feet,
ran Sturridge to byeline.. :doh:

SouthfieldWhite

Reither has been one of my favourite players since he signed, but tonight he was brain dead in giving that penalty away

I hope the way were playing is a tactic just for the top teams as I can't bare watching us defend so deep against the likes of west Brom

Dan Burn is only young and still learning but he needs to learn to not give possession away so easily

Gutted about the result but keeping the faith

COYWs

Blanco

Such a shame. Once again very few words on Fulham and all about a bigger side. Using "there isn't enough time" as an excuse is bull. Sick of us not getting enough coverage.

just_another_day

it actually looks like riether has money on liverpool lol who does that? you can tell he was never gonna get the ball hmmm lol

Macedo

Quote from: just_another_day on February 12, 2014, 11:06:23 PM
it actually looks like riether has money on liverpool lol who does that? you can tell he was never gonna get the ball hmmm lol

Just stay on feet  run sturridge to the line.

Bedford White

Quote from: Blanco on February 12, 2014, 11:05:24 PM
Such a shame. Once again very few words on Fulham and all about a bigger side. Using "there isn't enough time" as an excuse is bull. Sick of us not getting enough coverage.

Well in fairness what can they say, no viewer is interested whether we can survive so pander to the masses. At least we can say that we have done our bit to make the title chase more interesting this season. It's not all doom and gloom though as we lead twice, we're playing some really good football against some of the toughest opponents in this league and we look far in a way more threatening going forward than at any point under Jol. I'm not happy at dropping a point after playing so well but we had a go and that's more than we could have hoped for last year.

NogoodBoyo

Well said Bedford White.
Nogood "always thought Bedford was red as in brick, isit" Boyo

RidgeRider

Quote from: Bedford White on February 12, 2014, 11:13:42 PM

Well in fairness what can they say, no viewer is interested whether we can survive so pander to the masses. At least we can say that we have done our bit to make the title chase more interesting this season. It's not all doom and gloom though as we lead twice, we're playing some really good football against some of the toughest opponents in this league and we look far in a way more threatening going forward than at any point under Jol. I'm not happy at dropping a point after playing so well but we had a go and that's more than we could have hoped for last year.

+2

HatterDon

Yes, today a couple of Fulham defenders made a mistake -- the only time this has happened all season throughout professional football.

fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Walsh

I hold nothing against him, he has been top class for us and this is just one of them things. I know how passionate he feels about the club and I'm sure he'll struggle to forgive himself.

ToodlesMcToot

In a game like that, mental errors are almost a certainty. Reither made one. It doesn't define him as a player nor does it define his contributions to the club.

Yes it was poor and it cost us a point that no one prior to the ManUre game ever counted on us earning.

The vastly more important point to come out of these two matches is that we can take it to any club in the league if we play smart disciplined football. Rene has reminded these players what they can do as a team. There is plenty to build upon and kick on from here.

We got a point more than I ever believed we could over the last several days. Look out WBA! Here come The Whites!
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jeremyfulham

He was knackered, knackered people make poor decisions.
It was another very encouraging performance onwards and upwards COYW

Fulham1959

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 13, 2014, 03:48:01 AM
In a game like that, mental errors are almost a certainty. Reither made one. It doesn't define him as a player nor does it define his contributions to the club.

Well said !

nose

I have my own take on reither.
He has been one of our best and most consistent performers since joining but V man utd at home, near the end he neddlesl got himself sent off, for no real reason and completely out of character.
Yesterday, twice he did really daft things. he got booked pulling at suarez, totally needless..... and then there was the penalty.... he had no chance of ever winning the ball, sturridge was going nowhere and just need to be pressed and tracked  and wen MOTD showed a close up it didn' look right....

ltd-ffc

:plus one: agreed

Im a big fan of reither and i reckon tiredness played a factor in this cant be easy marking suarez then sturridge.
He definitely contributes more to the team than he costs us. think he is one of the highest assist players in our team and from defence!
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Skatzoffc

motd pundits didnt mention Fulham once after the game.

Not once.
And in a game where we were ahead twice.

Utter joke tv.

The sooner they bin the lot of them, the better imo.

:dft007:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Neil D

Indeed.  I call this 'the Mary Celeste' syndrome when 'lesser' clubs like ours get negligible coverage so that it appears that the high profile ones played against a team of ghosts unworthy of mention or credit.

grandad

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 13, 2014, 09:57:07 AM

motd pundits didnt mention Fulham once after the game.

Not once.
And in a game where we were ahead twice.

Utter joke tv.

This goes back to the days of Kenneth Wolstenholme. He hated us & especially The Maestro.

The sooner they bin the lot of them, the better imo.

:dft007:
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

From TV's point of view all the Fulham Fans are at the match but there are 50,000 Liverpool fans watching at home as well as Manure Chelski and man city supporters watching at home. They were playing to their perceived audience

Pluto

Imagine if Senderos had made that mistake :dead horse: (just saying! :dft011:)

Seriously though, it's one of the worst i've seen this season. Totally needless. Big fan of Riether but he needs to make sure his concentration levels match his effort levels towards the end of the game. I think it's when he tires that the mistakes slip in.