watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

bent misses another sitter

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 13, 2014, 05:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

This is one of the reasons I never really comment unless I'm at the game.

On TV I'm sure you wouldn't of got the effects the wind played last night, maybe he could of done better but the wind did seem to move the ball that bit quicker.

I thought bent did well and about his timing for the jumps, I'm sure that was down to the wind.

Knocking long high balls up to him with no one making a run behind him for a flick on was as good as just passing the ball back to the keeper , it served no purpose.

Although we defended well, you can't keep sitting back that deep and expecting to win games, which we need.

Yes I understand it was man Utd away and Liverpool at home and maybe it was the right tactic for those two games, but just hope we don't do the same at West Brom

JBH

Quote from: MrProphet on February 13, 2014, 10:15:03 AM
Quote from: JBH on February 13, 2014, 05:34:18 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 13, 2014, 05:02:26 AM
Last minute of game. Watching it on tv it did not come to him too quickly and height was not a problem. It was an easy bring down and then should have slotted it home. He is a washed up footballer and the quicker we get the greek up and running the better.

Classy reply

Gotta say I agree with the sentiment. It was by far bents best game for us last night only really because he put a real shift in. Moments like that are what decide whether you are a premiership striker on not

THIS POST WAS EDITED DUE TO BEING OFFENSIVE AND DISRESPECTFUL, WHICH IS THE NORM FOR THIS POSTER

JBH

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 13, 2014, 12:33:28 PM

This is one of the reasons I never really comment unless I'm at the game.

On TV I'm sure you wouldn't of got the effects the wind played last night, maybe he could of done better but the wind did seem to move the ball that bit quicker.

I thought bent did well and about his timing for the jumps, I'm sure that was down to the wind.

Knocking long high balls up to him with no one making a run behind him for a flick on was as good as just passing the ball back to the keeper , it served no purpose.

Although we defended well, you can't keep sitting back that deep and expecting to win games, which we need.

Yes I understand it was man Utd away and Liverpool at home and maybe it was the right tactic for those two games, but just hope we don't do the same at West Brom

The addition of the Bubble will hopefully give us that extra option for the rest of the season just hope Stek is fit and also Holtby manages to stay fit for the run in because he is showingf his class  049:gif

Slaphead in Qatar

He did have a better game, but thats by his poor standards. He regularly misses easy chances. He is not the man to get us out of this mess, hope the greek is.

Pluto

Thought he was excellent last night. Perhaps should have done better with the half chance at the end but aside from that he was a real handful for their defence and was getting in some neat positions.

Adi-ffc

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 13, 2014, 09:39:03 AM
Quote from: Adi-ffc on February 13, 2014, 09:34:28 AM
Quote from: itombomb on February 13, 2014, 09:30:20 AM
He worked hard, and caused Toure loads of bother, but is such an incredibly poor footballer technically. We are desperately in need of someone who can hold the ball up.

Out of at least 20 efforts, only 2 or 3 attempts to lay the ball off to teammates (either with his head or feet) found their man. While a better player would have brought that ball down.

Not sure he is that poor. He performed a lot of the striker's tasks pretty well yesterday, and i don't know what game you were watching if it was only 2 or 3 that found their man, way more than that last night.

Not really a fan, but there was a suggestion in his performance that he would he improve if given more game time, although he won't because of the Greek

So, let's play Bent for the next 12 matches and see if he improves......?/!!!!!!$

No, just give him due when he plays well ffs!!!!!!

ltd-ffc

Last minute of game. Watching it on tv it did not come to him too quickly and height was not a problem. It was an easy bring down and then should have slotted it home. He is a washed up footballer and the quicker we get the greek up and running the better.
in the words of the late rapper Eazy E "Yo homeboy its easier said than dun"
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

ltd-ffc

Quote from: JBH on February 13, 2014, 05:34:18 AM

THIS POST WAS EDITED BECAUSE IT WAS OFFENSIVE AND DISRESPECTFUL WHICH IS THE NORM FOR THIS POSTER
wish i saw this comment haha
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Julius Geezer

Quote from: itombomb on February 13, 2014, 09:30:20 AM
He worked hard, and caused Toure loads of bother, but is such an incredibly poor footballer technically. We are desperately in need of someone who can hold the ball up.