watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

bent misses another sitter

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 13, 2014, 05:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Last minute of game. Watching it on tv it did not come to him too quickly and height was not a problem. It was an easy bring down and then should have slotted it home. He is a washed up footballer and the quicker we get the greek up and running the better.

JBH

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 13, 2014, 05:02:26 AM
Last minute of game. Watching it on tv it did not come to him too quickly and height was not a problem. It was an easy bring down and then should have slotted it home. He is a washed up footballer and the quicker we get the greek up and running the better.

THIS POST WAS EDITED BECAUSE IT WAS OFFENSIVE AND DISRESPECTFUL WHICH IS THE NORM FOR THIS POSTER

RaySmith

[/quote
Quote from: JBH on February 13, 2014, 05:34:18 AM

I wouldn't fault ANY of our players last night - they all gave everything.

Have you forgotten that Bent scored at MU.

westcliff white

i would not call it a sitter, the ball was almost waist height he had to bring it down first. if he had been burn size then it would have been a lot easier.
Every day is a Fulham day

TonyGilroy

Last night he was nearly the old Darren Bent - no criticism from me but I can't wait to see Montaglue.

Baszab

It's his perceived lack of effort that is most annoying to supporters - how many times did he misjudge our long "through" passes up the middle - he was jumping and missing by about 8 feet sometimes.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Baszab on February 13, 2014, 08:14:05 AM
It's his perceived lack of effort that is most annoying to supporters - how many times did he misjudge our long "through" passes up the middle - he was jumping and missing by about 8 feet sometimes.

No lack of effort last night - clear to anyone who was there. Not always apparent on TV when the camera follows the ball.

jeremyfulham

Thought he had a good game why do you pick up on one moment of his performance ? At least be balanced or do you have an agenda against Bent ?

Humbled

[/quote

Have to agree.

He played well especially 1st half (he was excellent) as mentioned he started miss timing his jumps in the 2nd half. Still won moe than his fair share though. Linked up very well with Holtby and Richardson.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

IMO last night was the best  we have seen him play and he stayed up field when they had a corner keeping two of theirs with him
Great performance from the lads against an, in form, confident team

Jack Fulham

Thought it was his best game for us.

FFC1987

Having watched it again, i'd have been frustrated if I was a striker and i'd have missed controlled that. It was certainly a chance. In my opinion though, Bent put in a shift last night and we all know he's not quite match fit, it looks to me like he didn't have the legs to bring it down. Understandable considering he ran his socks off.

itombomb

He worked hard, and caused Toure loads of bother, but is such an incredibly poor footballer technically. We are desperately in need of someone who can hold the ball up.

Out of at least 20 efforts, only 2 or 3 attempts to lay the ball off to teammates (either with his head or feet) found their man. While a better player would have brought that ball down.

Adi-ffc

Quote from: itombomb on February 13, 2014, 09:30:20 AM
He worked hard, and caused Toure loads of bother, but is such an incredibly poor footballer technically. We are desperately in need of someone who can hold the ball up.

Out of at least 20 efforts, only 2 or 3 attempts to lay the ball off to teammates (either with his head or feet) found their man. While a better player would have brought that ball down.

Not sure he is that poor. He performed a lot of the striker's tasks pretty well yesterday, and i don't know what game you were watching if it was only 2 or 3 that found their man, way more than that last night.

Not really a fan, but there was a suggestion in his performance that he would he improve if given more game time, although he won't because of the Greek

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Adi-ffc on February 13, 2014, 09:34:28 AM

Not sure he is that poor. He performed a lot of the striker's tasks pretty well yesterday, and i don't know what game you were watching if it was only 2 or 3 that found their man, way more than that last night.

Not really a fan, but there was a suggestion in his performance that he would he improve if given more game time, although he won't because of the Greek

So, let's play Bent for the next 12 matches and see if he improves......?/!!!!!!$

Humbled

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 13, 2014, 09:39:03 AM
Quote from: Adi-ffc on February 13, 2014, 09:34:28 AM

So, let's play Bent for the next 12 matches and see if he improves......?/!!!!!!$

I want to see what Kostas can do BUT what u just said re Bent could be said Of Kostas. Never seen him in the prem before but try him for the next 12 matches to see if he can cut it.

Silly comment for me.
Bent should have had his run of matches as soon as we signed him.

Skatzoffc

I thought he played very well last night.
Worked hard chasing all game long.

COYW!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

bog

Why didn't they show this in the highlights!!!! Still annoyed at being called rubbish by Ronnie Whelan. Twerp.

092.gif

alfie

last 10/15 mins thought he had given everything, at that point could have brought on Kasami to really stick on Toure, that would have given them some problems.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MrProphet

Knob

Classy reply

Gotta say I agree with the sentiment. It was by far bents best game for us last night only really because he put a real shift in. Moments like that are what decide whether you are a premiership striker on not