watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Striker against west brom

Started by somptingffc, February 13, 2014, 11:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Allen Crankshaw

Mitroglou has to start if he is fit. I want to see how he links with Holtby.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 13, 2014, 02:50:51 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 13, 2014, 02:37:53 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on February 13, 2014, 12:04:39 PM
Got to be Mitroglou imo. He'll give us the hold up play when we smash it out which Bent really doesn't.

I think the problem is less about Bent's deficiencies as a hold up player and more about the rest of the team's abilities to play balls into his runs.

No he really is that bad at holding the ball up.

You missed my point. He isn't and never has been a striker who should hold the ball. So why should he be good at it. We're wasting money if that he was we're renting him for. The team needs to be playing balls into his runs if he is ever to be effective. In fact, he showed much better last night when we were attempting to do just that.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Julius Geezer

Still has zero composure in front of goal.

Whatever way you look at it, he isn't good enough.

If we had a competent striker, games could be affected from early on.

Some people are suggesting it was his best game last night so far, yet I saw several good pieces of passing and movement throughout the team let down by his Sunday League touch.

The attempt to skin Cissoko in the second half was embarrassing!

RaySmith

Bent will still improve with more game time - and increased match fitness with playing.

But Mitro has to have a chance to start, maybe they might start together sometimes.

F(f)CUK

I have spoken to my Greek mate who keeps in touch with Greek football.  It was my Greek mate that first alerted me that he was linked with Fulham.  He says that Mitroglou is used to playing as a lone forward, he is strong, pacey (without being fast) and can hold up the ball.  He also believes that he could score 8-10 goals for us before the end of the season.

I will take that.

MasterHaynes

The problem with Bent this season is that he seems to have lost his clinical touch, he has had many very good chances that he has not put away which undermines a lot of the rationale of starting with him. I'd rather go with Greek, he seems full of confidence popping in two goals from distance for the U21's and has a week an half to practice with the team and for the team to understand his strengths. Might be another Pog come to rescue out season.

ToodlesMcToot

For the record, I have nothing against starting Mitroglu. In fact, I welcome it.

I only have issues with criticizing Bent for not being good enough holding up play. It's just not his game. His first touch has been pretty woeful by and large and he's wasted his fair share of opportunities to be sure.

With more playing time, I have no doubt that he'd improve and that our revamped midfield would provide the opportunities for improvement.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jmh

Mitroglou from the start if he's ready.  How is this even a question?

Denver Fulham

You don't pay 12M at the deadline to start Darren Bent when Mitroglou is ready to go. /thread